Transdev Melbourne news August - December 2015

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

X'Trapolis-1M
Favourite Vehicle: EDI Comeng

Re: Transdev Melbourne news August - December 2015

Post by X'Trapolis-1M »

Why does it still have it's Motorola radio equipment in it when it's not transdev's?
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

There has recently been a change in radio equipment, perhaps they didn't bother to remove the old one.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

Post by funbus »

Just found this at manheim

seems like a late model to give up and sell off......

Are these the troubled Hybrids with no long term life line?

http://www.manheim.com.au/trucks-machin ... rchResults

:wink:
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Living in the Shire.
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

Post by funbus »

Thanks,

Didn't know!
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
man mk1

Post by man mk1 »

511 and 748 are refurbished seen them at ringwood yeasterday
scott

Post by scott »

If you get the Herald Sun, check out the photo of 966 on page 18, displaying the rear desto "NOT IN THE PINES 905"

Transdev should have had this desto problem sorted long before now, I have also seen NOT IN RINGWOOD and NOT IN BOX HILL and simply NOT IN

It is a wonder the PTV have not rapped them over the knuckles.

Transdev need to pull up their socks, or they may be pulled out of Victoria in 5 years time.
scott

Post by scott »

funbus wrote:Just found this at manheim

seems like a late model to give up and sell off......

Are these the troubled Hybrids with no long term life line?

http://www.manheim.com.au/trucks-machin ... rchResults

:wink:
Checked out the site and it is now listed as Result Pending. I wonder what the future may hold for 200, maybe get rid of Hybrid gear and install conventional running gear (Cummins/ZF).
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

If you get the Herald Sun, check out the photo of 966 on page 18, displaying the rear desto "NOT IN THE PINES 905"

Transdev should have had this desto problem sorted long before now, I have also seen NOT IN RINGWOOD and NOT IN BOX HILL and simply NOT IN
Been a problem for a while, since the last destination update I'm pretty sure. Side destinations are often worse, often only the route number is displayed on the left, with the remainder of the space once used for a worded destination now displaying what's left of "Not In / Service". For an example, see almost any Manningham Mover service that hasn't been replaced with an older bus.
Not really, why would they bother when they haven't with much bigger issues such as bus cleanliness, or the ongoing maintenance issues, or deliberately not bothering to run Smartbus branded vehicles primarily on Smartbus branded routes? TBH I'm no longer sure why the PTV was even created.
Richard1207

Post by Richard1207 »

krustyklo wrote:
TBH I'm no longer sure why the PTV was even created.
After seeing the condition of many of the Transdev buses, I couldn't agree more.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

scott wrote:If you get the Herald Sun, check out the photo of 966 on page 18, displaying the rear desto "NOT IN THE PINES 905"

Transdev need to pull up their socks, or they may be pulled out of Victoria in 5 years time.
It's not just Transdev this time, I saw Ventura Optimus 1044 (or was it brand new 1244?) running a 742 at 6AM the other day with the side desto showing "Gle". Update: It is 1244, complete with its white LED desto. Saw it yesterday (15/12) showing "Ch" on the side this time (again on the 742).
Last edited by Heihachi_73 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonscenic
Favourite Vehicle: A Transdev bus that works

Post by nonscenic »

Transdev's bus shortage is showing. Bus 11 was being used on a route 270 service at Box Hill yesterday (with totally garbled desto) while bus 323 was on a route 284 at the park and ride this morning. Mk2 bus 283 was on a run at Shoppingtown yesterday while bus 532 had broken down at box hill.
After 33 years of commuting by bus, I now have a Seniors Myki and two more hours a day not stuck in Victoria parade on a Transdev bus.
nonscenic

Post by nonscenic »

After seeing the condition of many of the
Transdev buses, I couldn't agree more.
From my recent letters to the transport minister and contacts from PTV I get the impression that either PTV is either unaware of the magnitude of the problem for whatever reason or that the government doesn’t want another National Express debacle.
After 33 years of commuting by bus, I now have a Seniors Myki and two more hours a day not stuck in Victoria parade on a Transdev bus.
nonscenic

Post by nonscenic »

Evening 309 and to a lesser extent 303 services from the city are becoming very unreliable again.
Unrealistic allowances for inbound trips or margins between runs is part of the problem but I suspect there's a prioritization of services to run if there aren't enough non malfunctioning buses and the 309 services are the first ones to get cancelled
Thebusofdoom
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Thebusofdoom »

Bus #745 has now been refurbished.
Craig

Post by Craig »

nonscenic wrote:Evening 309 and to a lesser extent 303 services from the city are becoming very unreliable again.
Unrealistic allowances for inbound trips or margins between runs is part of the problem but I suspect there's a prioritization of services to run if there aren't enough non malfunctioning buses and the 309 services are the first ones to get cancelled
I wonder if it's also possible that if there is bad traffic sometimes they will short start a bus on Lonsdale St? Might be an idea to look at the PTV app next time a trip fails to show up and see if the trip is running further down the route but simply missed Queen St (which from previous posts I believe you board)?

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Comeng64

Post by Comeng64 »

Transdev's Toyota Coaster (#006, 8220AO) is currently running the 1:30 PM 280 (from The Pines)!
I couldn't see inside very well, but from a quick look, it still doesn't appear to have Myki equipment or a destination sign unit.
nonscenic

Post by nonscenic »

Craig wrote:
nonscenic wrote:
I wonder if it's also possible that if there is bad traffic sometimes they will short start a bus on Lonsdale St? Might be an idea to look at the PTV app next time a trip fails to show up and see if the trip is running further down the route but simply missed Queen St (which from previous posts I believe you board)?

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
The late running 309 did eventually appear behind the next 303,12 minutes later. I caught it at the Park and ride - a smartbus liveried Benz whose inside pid actually worked for the 309 route stops.
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

The PID should work for all stops on all routes but with no audio.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
nonscenic

Post by nonscenic »

Alstom 888M wrote:The PID should work for all stops on all routes but with no audio.
From experience on 905 to 908 smartbus services run by transdev I would says its unusual to hear the audio on any pid.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

The 901 and 902 PIDs announce verbally the stops as well as display them.

When on a 293 run by a Smartbus vehicle, I'm pretty sure the stops that the 293 shares with the 901 and 902 were verbally announced and displayed, but the stops unique to the 293 only displayed the stop without a verbal announcement.
nonscenic

Post by nonscenic »

Thursday was the third night in a row that the 5.03pm 309 service did not run (or appear before the 5.15pm 303 service in Queen St). Last night neither did the 5.00pm 303, however the bus that did eventually run the 5.15pm 303 service was parked up at the Queen St stop from before 4.55pm. Also seen when I eventually got onto a 908 at Park and Ride and travelled up High St Doncaster was bus 661 that had broken down while running an earlier 309 service. The rear desto on the failed bus correctly, but ironically displayed "Not in The Pines".
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

krustyklo wrote:When on a 293 run by a Smartbus vehicle, I'm pretty sure the stops that the 293 shares with the 901 and 902 were verbally announced and displayed, but the stops unique to the 293 only displayed the stop without a verbal announcement.
Yes that is what I meant. There's no audio file for stops that are not part of the SmartBus network, this also includes stops that have been moved and replaced with a flag stop rather than a totem, such as the moved approach to Chadstone Altona-bound after Dandenong Road.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

There's no audio file for stops that are not part of the SmartBus network, this also includes stops that have been moved and replaced with a flag stop rather than a totem
To be clear though, the fact of being a flag or totem seems to be irrelevant. The Cook St stop continued to be announced well after it was abolished in lieu of the stop outside Coles in Bundoora (with totem), and possibly still is as far as I know, even though it no longer has either flag or totem.
ImageImage
(Because I can... :wink: )
msheldrick
Favourite Vehicle: Panorama Bus 5 (CB60 EvoII)

Post by msheldrick »

So apparently Transdev had cars and even a ute running the 280/282 today, due to the Plasma's and Pie Carts breaking down in the heat.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”