All other Victorian Bus Observations July - December 2011

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Bradley
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Mk4, Volgren Artic.

Re: All other Victorian Bus Observations July - December 201

Post by Bradley »

B10BLE wrote:I don't know if this belongs in the NSW section :? but I'll post here :?

Sighted at Dandenong station this morning was Premier Motor Service Scania K380IB 13.5/Irizar Century "3500" with rego TV 950
Does anyone know if this bus was doing a V/Line or is this baby a visitor to Melbourne? :)
Those Premier Motocoach TV 950 & TV 4610 (Scanias K310IB, Irizar 3500) are always at Dandenong on regular basis around 6.45pm daily to Sydney via the coast along Princes Hwy.

Cheers

Bradley.
bussijaam

Post by bussijaam »

Spotted the Melbourne City Tourist Shuttle parked by the side of the Monash Freeway (inbound) yesterday about 9am with smoke billowing out of the engine bay and from under the rear axle arches. As I was travelling about 80km/h the other way I didnt get a fleet number or a really good look at what the problem was- but it certainly didn't look good.
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

I would say the brake caliper has probly seized on holding the brakes Causing them to get hot
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
Paul_Nicholson
Favourite Vehicle: Adelaide Worldmasters

Post by Paul_Nicholson »

I notice the Footscray station bus stop for route 223 has been relocated closer to the 404/406 stop because of the demolition of the buildings in Irving Street. However, the Olympic Doughnuts caravan continues to trade.

Paul in Melbourne
National Link
Favourite Vehicle: DVR Locos CL 9-Q and BL 26-E

Post by National Link »

Hi all,
Driver Bus Lines has commenced the fitting and roll-out of the Driver Console GPS-tracking equipment in preparation for the release of busTracker. One of the first vehicles fitted is Bus 66 (Denning Manufacturing CAT C7/Custom Coaches CB60EvoII), which did trips on Routes 625 and 626 yesterday.
One Thousand ATDB Posts Can't Be Wrong.

Any views expressed are my own and do not reflect any views of my employers.
Coach_Captain
Favourite Vehicle: MAN Mk1.... They rule.

Post by Coach_Captain »

National Link wrote:Hi all,
Driver Bus Lines has commenced the fitting and roll-out of the Driver Console GPS-tracking equipment in preparation for the release of busTracker. One of the first vehicles fitted is Bus 66 (Denning Manufacturing CAT C7/Custom Coaches CB60EvoII), which did trips on Routes 625 and 626 yesterday.
Interesting to note, the GPS System was to be only fitted to contracted vehicles operating on route service (ie: Low Floor Buses). Today, I noticed Sita 92 (Volvo B10B/Volgren) fitted with the GPS System.

Also, some Sita Volvo B10M/Volgren, allocated to School Runs only have thier desto rolls removed, No Myki or Metcard equipment. One such bus is 61, seen on a school run in Point Cook today.
I am like a Royal Family Member..
Better than taking the horse and cart
I drive the Silver SmartBus... and it's a Mercedes!!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Coach_Captain wrote:Interesting to note, the GPS System was to be only fitted to contracted vehicles operating on route service (ie: Low Floor Buses). Today, I noticed Sita 92 (Volvo B10B/Volgren) fitted with the GPS System.
Hmm, does Sita #92 no longer do route service? :?

Any buses doing route service on a regular basis should be fitted with the GPS equipment regardless if they are low floor or not - otherwise BusTracker would only advise real time departures of low floor buses, which isn't that useful for many routes. Like ticketing equipment, it can be transferred to a low floor bus when the bus is reallocated to a school or rail standby fleet.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Craig

Post by Craig »

Neglected to post this media release a few weeks ago...no real news here, just confirming Sita is the only operator still routinely running high floor buses on weekends, although they are suggesting that is no longer the case on certain routes. I did see a B10B on 472 last Saturday afternoon though. Metlink site doesn't seem to reflect any change for Sita. :?
Victorian Government wrote: Most weekend Melbourne bus routes to be fully accessible
Wednesday, 05 October 2011

From the Minister for Public Transport
In another milestone for Melbourne's increasingly popular multi-modal public transport network, Minister for Public Transport Terry Mulder announced today the vast majority of Melbourne's weekend and public holiday bus routes would feature low floor, fully accessible buses with step free entry on all trips from Saturday 8 October 2011.

"More than 115 weekend Melbourne bus routes will have low floor buses on every trip. From most daytime routes including SmartBuses to NightRiders and the separate fare airport Skybus, passengers will be able to board and alight with minimum effort," Mr Mulder said.

"This will also apply to Melbourne bus routes operating on public holidays. Value Metcards such as the 5 x Weekend Daily and myki offer unlimited weekend trips within time and zone limits for $3 a day."

Mr Mulder commended individual Melbourne bus route operators and the Bus Association of Victoria for agreeing to implement improved certainty for passengers requiring easy access.

"The Coalition Government is pleased passengers using Melbourne's trains, trams and buses make a total of 517 million trips a year, including more than 106 million bus trips in 2010/11," Mr Mulder said.

Mr Mulder said passengers could look forward to a comfortable trip with low floor buses typically featuring air conditioning and heating.

"Passengers travelling to the shops or markets on Saturday or Melbourne's network of iconic parks and beaches on Sundays will be among those to benefit. Victoria's seniors, passengers using wheelchairs and those with prams or strollers will find the availability of low floor buses handy," Mr Mulder said.

Mr Mulder said on weekends and public holidays, passengers could now travel on wheelchair accessible buses in widely spread suburbs including Caroline Springs and Werribee in Melbourne's west, Rosebud on the Mornington Peninsula, Cheltenham, Ringwood and Reservoir.

"More than 80 per cent of Melbourne route buses are low floor. This is way ahead of the Federal legislated compliance level of 55 per cent," Mr Mulder said.

"Due to insufficient funding under the previous Labor Government, bus company Sita is unable to guarantee a low floor bus on every trip on three routes in the Yarraville area and five in Melton.

"However the Coalition Government will provide Sita with 22 low floor buses between 2011/12 and 2014/15 and the Department of Transport will work with Sita to maximise low floor bus availability."

Mr Mulder said the http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au web site would be updated shortly to reflect the large number of additional low floor Melbourne bus trips on weekends and public holidays, identified by a wheelchair symbol on each timetable.
Kind Regards

Coach_Captain
Favourite Vehicle: MAN Mk1.... They rule.

Post by Coach_Captain »

Interesting to note from the press release, it states that Sita is unable to guarantee a Low Floor Bus on every trip on Three routes in the Yarraville area and five in Melton.

The 404, 431 and 432 have never had a Low Floor allocated to them, and only see one when a driver does overtime.
Melton is operated by about 10 Low Floors and 10 High Floors, based on a driver per bus system. So when that particular bus is on Meal Break, another will run, so a Low Floor may have been on the 458 for 4 hours, then a High Floor will operate for some hours.

Craig,
Bus 92 is still in Service on track at Sita.
I am like a Royal Family Member..
Better than taking the horse and cart
I drive the Silver SmartBus... and it's a Mercedes!!
red baron
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200/AEC Regal MkVI

Post by red baron »

[quote="[

"More than 115 weekend Melbourne bus routes will have low floor buses on every trip. From most daytime routes including SmartBuses to NightRiders and the separate fare airport Skybus, passengers will be able to board and alight with minimum effort," Mr Mulder said.

.[/quote]

I think Mr Mulder and his aides need there eyes checked with the Skybus fleet,they operate a full 100% Low Floor fleet of buses 24/7. :shock:
it's a load of hog wog wash
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

Cardinia is low floor all day every day unless something big were to happen we even have 5 spare air con low floors
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
system improver
Favourite Vehicle: 1949 MBA Seddon

Post by system improver »

Spotted today in Dandenong Road Carnegie, heading west on the back of an Adelaide semi, a former Crown Coaches Ansair MB OH1316.
Craig

Post by Craig »

red baron wrote:
I think Mr Mulder and his aides need there eyes checked with the Skybus fleet,they operate a full 100% Low Floor fleet of buses 24/7. :shock:
The purpose of the media release was to highlight that other than Sita, all buses in Melbourne are now low floor on weekends. Most operators have being providing a fully low floor weekend service for at least the past 5 years, but the few exceptions (other than Sita) would have been a pain for those who require a low floor bus.

As the media release also stated, more than 80 per cent of Melbourne route buses are low floor. Skybus and Cardinia Transit are just a couple of the operators that provide a fully low floor route service 7 days a week now - others inculde Dysons, Melbourne Bus Link, Reservoir, Sunbury, Westrans Altona. Then there are others that a high floor bus on route service is the exception, due to breakdowns etc.

Kind Regards

Bradley
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Mk4, Volgren Artic.

Post by Bradley »

Numbers of shultte buses operates by Sita's (Volvo B10M Mk2's, Volgren & MAN SL202 Mk2, Ansair) & CDC Werribee & Altona (numbers of Volvo B10M's (I think) & B10B's & Scania L94UA, Volgren CR228L artic) from Werribee Station (Comben Dr (used to be old bus terminal)) to Werribee Mansion for The Gathering music festival today (12 November).

Cheers

Bradley.
OLYMPIAN
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Victory Mk2, Olympian

Post by OLYMPIAN »

The Kiwibus bodied Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 decker is now registered as 8774 AO

Ex oxford Fleetline is sitting at the depot and MCW Metroliner is getting rebuilt
Detroit 6VT92/ZF 4HP500...the best bendi bus power train!
Busboy97
Favourite Vehicle: Nuline #47 9258AO

Crown Coaches Bus #3

Post by Busboy97 »

Crown coaster bus #3 had a car hit the back of it on the 23/11/11. Everyone was OK.
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Just out of curiosity, why is there no fleetlists for Warragul Bus Lines?

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Broadmeadows bus (4) [Volgren CR228L/MB O500LE] and (5) [Custom Coaches "550 Series"/MB O405NH] have been repainted in Kastoria livery, and renumbered (504) and (505) respectively.

A bad photo of (505) is attached.
IMG_20111123_175529.jpg
IMG_20111123_175529.jpg (149.06 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

Interesting.

It doesn't really appear to suit the 550 body, however. But maybe that's just me. :lol:
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
dex
Favourite Vehicle: a bus

Post by dex »

You're right, looks terrrible on the road.
My daily cruiser is a two-door turbo merc.
cal321

Post by cal321 »

Mitch wrote:Just out of curiosity, why is there no fleetlists for Warragul Bus Lines?

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
I can't answer this Mitch. Although, I notice that associated Dineen Group entities Berwick Bus Lines & Westernport Road Lines aren't on fleetlists either!
712M
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M

Post by 712M »

I prefer the BroadmeadowsBus livery. It is simple I know but there's nothing wrong with it.
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

712M wrote:I prefer the BroadmeadowsBus livery. It is simple I know but there's nothing wrong with it.
It was OK after they added the logo to it, for many many years they were just plain white buses with a dark, almost black stripe with no company branding whatsoever.
demon_eric

Post by demon_eric »

saw today that Kastoria has changed some of the destination sets on some of their buses, saw bus 1 with special taking up a very small part of the desto screen (looked like something that Broadmeadows Bus Lines uses) and another bus (didn't get the number, but is the same body as Kastoria bus 1) on a Sydenham 476 service, and instead of the Via Watergardens sign taking up 2 lines and being quite large, they have it set as the same size as what the special sign was on bus 1.
cal321

Post by cal321 »

Sighted Driver B.L. #27 Volvo B10B/Austral Denning repainted into the current charter livery.

This leaves #9 Volvo B10M/Volgren as the only vehicle (apart from the preserved Denning coach) in the old livery of dark green with the light blue stripe.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”