Transport Hall Of Fame

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
mcmuttley

Transport Hall Of Fame

Post by mcmuttley »

Have heard today the transport hall of fame will be opening a new section in the near future dedicated to the coach industry will keep al updated as soon as any news comes out of alice springs.
mcmuttley

Re: Transport Hall Of Fame

Post by mcmuttley »

hi all a update on hall of fame as in the local paper here the other day the government here is giving the place a hard time with red tape and the vandalism going on here in alice springs there is talk that it may move interstate so that will be a huge loss to here as well as 80 thousand plus visitors a year. No wonder people are leaving this town in the droves who are the same as me back to the east coast this time next year. Will keep everyone informed if any more is reported
mcmuttley

Post by mcmuttley »

Hi everyone just a quick note to say at this stage the transport hall of fame will stay at the moment in Alice. But the CEO has resigned and that's a shame as she was there from the very start. Not sure of the museum will be here forever but time will tell. There is of course the rumours that are going around that a lot of the trucks may go but its the owners of these rigs decide if they go else where or stay.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Very disappointing :( I haven't seen the Hall of Fame YET, however am trying to get there sometime. Hopefully things are sorted and the Government come to the party to assist. If it moved closer to me in TAS, that would be good, but hopefully it stays where it is. Thanks for the update(s) mcmuttley
yoda

Post by yoda »

Let's get it relocated down to us!
mcmuttley

Post by mcmuttley »

Hi all just a quick up date honestly I have not heard a thing about the place has gone all quite still trading as usual. Hall of Fame was held will keep all up dated if I hear anything in the next month to 6 weeks then I'm going back east.

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”