• Advertisement

TerritoryTransit Scania Artics

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion

TerritoryTransit Scania Artics

Postby Merc1107 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

I've been up in the NT for some time now, and have gone out and sampled some of the "local bus cuisine."

Several weeks ago, I snatched a ride on TT's 115-A, a Scania L94UA.
Despite all this, I've only seen 115-A out twice near Palmerston, and nothing else during several peak-period trips (all while using the mobile tracking application to move towards any appropriate vehicles).
While traveling along Stuart Highway yesterday, I caught a glimpse of the TT depot and noted all four artics were parked up together near the back of the depot, by themselves.

Given the typical patronage on Darwin-Casuarina routes, I'd have expected artics to be more of a mainstay in service, rather than "randomly appearing" for a few runs in Palmerston, then returning to the depot.

Is anyone aware if these vehicles are pending withdrawal, or remain largely dis-used? Or perhaps they're only used during the school-term for special services?
Coming from Perth, the L94 here in Darwin is my first taste of a diesel Scania artic. Our lone Scania, 3000, is a CNG-powered variant and is a one-off not just in Australia, but on a global scale.
This signature has been censored by the Grammatical Errors Moderation Bureau. Please direct any complaints to their filing cabinet, a nearby paper-shredder or perhaps the bin.

Thank-You.
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: 'All' High-Floor Units

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)