TROLLY BUSES FREE

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

TROLLY BUSES FREE

Post by captainch »

There are 2 trolley buses for free on gumtree in mole creek Tassie if anyone is interested :lol: :oops: :shock: :shock: :cry:see for sale on this board.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: TROLLY BUSES FREE

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

BUGGER. Just drove through Mole Creek today/ The owner contacted our Society a few months ago (re: these buses) unfortunately funds
deny us from being able to obtain them (transportation / storage costs) ONE is in pretty good condition
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

its usually the way,pity theres not a grant have you asked your local member,pity its not related to galippli as theres grants hand over fist for that what about asking the local t.a f.e college to see if the could do it as a project for aprentic mercanics./spray painters/ upholsters ect you can get a grant for that get onto Jackie lambie!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

captainch wrote:its usually the way,pity theres not a grant have you asked your local member,pity its not related to galippli as theres grants hand over fist for that what about asking the local t.a f.e college to see if the could do it as a project for aprentic mercanics./spray painters/ upholsters ect you can get a grant for that get onto Jackie lambie!
Hi captainch. - We currently have pending grant funds from the Government for bus #200, so ANOTHER grant would be out of the Q. As for the local TAFE, we approached them to do bus #134 years ago, BUT that particular section of TAFE is based in Burnie and does NOT have large enough premises to house a bus :( Unfortunately, we can only save so much, even though we'd like to save more. In saying that, since our Society has received major radio "exposure", it's amazing how many buses are now appearing :shock:
danielb

Post by danielb »

If someone had access to some form of storage, Im sure I could assist with transport costs. It seems a shame to atleast let the good one go. Has anyone got any photos?
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

danielb wrote:If someone had access to some form of storage, Im sure I could assist with transport costs. It seems a shame to atleast let the good one go. Has anyone got any photos?
I'll see if I can find the photos I was sent danielb
danielb

Post by danielb »

Thanks Neil. If anyone knows of anyone with a paddock of something, this might be a great opportunity to save these buses. On that note, does anyone know what happened to the hcc owned trolley buses previously kept behind the cats home?

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”