Tasmanian Bus Observations - AUG > DEC 2014

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Tasmanian Bus Observations - AUG > DEC 2014

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

As mentioned by a few previously, I'll get it started with a thread that encompasses the LAST 5 mths of 2014.

It HAS been very quiet on the bus scene in Tassie of late, although the Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society has been busy.

Any upcoming events can be posted on here as the need arises, so stay tuned for events as well as sightings.

To get ball rolling, I've noticed (along with MAN_LOVER from VIC), Mt Carmel College have a new bus :?:
We believe it to be a Volgren bodied Mercedes Benz OH1418 (maybe) When I get chance, I'll get a closer look.
yoda

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - AUG > DEC 2014

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:To get ball rolling, I've noticed (along with MAN_LOVER from VIC), Mt Carmel College have a new bus :?:
We believe it to be a Volgren bodied Mercedes Benz OH1418 (maybe) When I get chance, I'll get a closer look.
Yes a Volgren. Think it's a Merc. Ugly hubcaps are the main feature. Saw it myself on Friday.
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

Made this topic a sticky for you guys.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
wisbydriverB40
Favourite Vehicle: 1993 Hino CG277K

Post by wisbydriverB40 »

Re: mt Carmel new volgren
It's actually operated by Brett Lovell in Woodbridge.

It was previously owned by Steve Oakley and is a Volgren bodied Isuzu (yes one with the crazy reverse gearbox)

Brett got the contract for it and did the signage on it and bought the hubcaps which believe me if you saw the wheels that were on it is a vast improvement lol.

On other news is at Wisbys got our custom bodied ex wallers hino (b47xs) back from the body shop as it had some rust issues it has been repaneled with stretched metal and also resprayed so it is now a cleanskin white with no signage ATM (until Monday when it gets the name Wisbys on it) looks a lot better and I'll put some photos up when I can.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Many thanks for the report on the Izuzu,Wisby Driver 40.
Could you confirm that the bus is ex Steve Oakley FM 6847 Izuzu LT1-11P/Volgren ???
Also is Brett Lovell related to the former Lovells Coaches business? The school service operated,judging from the Mount Carmel website is from the school to Snug??
Thanks for your help.Cheers.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

wisbydriverB40 wrote:Re: mt Carmel new volgren
It's actually operated by Brett Lovell in Woodbridge..
Thx John. Found out on Friday the details. Here is a photo I posted on FB that I took yesterday.
burrumbus wrote:Many thanks for the report on the Izuzu,Wisby Driver 40.
Could you confirm that the bus is ex Steve Oakley FM 6847 Izuzu LT1-11P/Volgren ???
Also is Brett Lovell related to the former Lovells Coaches business? The school service operated,judging from the Mount Carmel website is from the school to Snug??
Thanks for your help.Cheers.
Hi burrumbus. Brett Lovell is the son of Doug Lovell who owned Lovell's Coaches. As for the previous owners details: YES ex Oakley (BUT NOT the one you refer) + ex Beaumont Latrobe, ex McDonald VIC, ex Ware VIC.
ScaniaL94UB
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Nothing much from me - just the usual Metro sightings around the suburbs. More of a train observation this one.
Noticed "TRAINS DEPARTING" yellow sign at the gate next to Boral Concrete, people who walk up that way or train enthusiasts might know this. And I'm just wondering why it hasn't been removed yet.
Scania Trucks & Buses. Celebrate 100 years.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Thanks for the confirmation and info Neil.Much appreciated.Brett has got the vehicle lookin' good.Hope he prospers with the contract.
Are the other 6 bus runs from Mount Carmel contracted runs,or school operated,or Metro operated??
Cheers,Neil..
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

burrumbus wrote:Thanks for the confirmation and info Neil.Much appreciated.Brett has got the vehicle lookin' good.Hope he prospers with the contract.
Are the other 6 bus runs from Mount Carmel contracted runs,or school operated,or Metro operated??
Cheers,Neil..
Good Q burrumbus. I always thought Mt Carmel had their OWN buses and operated them themselves.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Thanks Neil.If they have contracted one,they may have contracted more of them.Maybe one for some detective work ?? Cheers,Neil.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society - AUGUST mini-tour > Tassielink Transit

As with normal, this mini-tour will commence from TBCS HQ 79 Chapel St @ 11:45am
HI-VISBILITY VEST MUST BE WORN or you will NOT be allowed access to Tassielink Depot.

There will be photo opportunities, as well as the chance to ride some of ex Hobart Coaches'
Scania K92 vehicles inc: ex #19 PMC ex #44 NCBC and ex #69 NCBC

THIS tour is FOC for ALL participants, so just bring your camera and good spirits. Tour FINISHES approx. 3pm.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Brilliant day today for the TassieLink tour - thanks to those who made it possible.

Surprised no one else has mentioned it so I will...
#200 will be joining the preserved fleet as part of the Tasmanian Bus and Coach Society.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

great news now i'm pleased about desto signs ,maybe you could get the front scania badge?
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

I'll be in Hobart from 31/10 to 3/11.

Any enthusiast related activities planned for that weekend?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Unfortunately NO boronia. The TBCS normally will organise tours/events for the LAST Sunday of each month, and a maintenance day for the second Sunday of each month. That said, the last Sunday in OCT falls on the 26th :( Sorry
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Unfortunately I was driving, but today (Sun 21st) offered a rare opportunity to photograph Lenah Vly/West Hobart buses travelling along Melville St to Murray due to Liverpool St being closed for erection of crane to construct new Myer store. All Lenah Valley buses today were diverted Argyle, Melville, Murray back into Liverpool Sts.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

What coaches does Redline use for the Hobart - Launceston services?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Most likely a Bloody Chinese Import (BCI) or if you a really lucky a Bad Luck (Bon Luck) some times you might score the remaining GM MCA.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

boronia wrote:What coaches does Redline use for the Hobart - Launceston services?
Sorry boronia. Haven't been on for a while. Normally, the services are operated by BCI Cruisers, although they are supplemented with the last 14.5 Motorcoach Marathon and occasionally a 12.5m single-axle Motorcoach.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

To ALL members Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society. - OCTOBER EVENTS

Due to Bathurst on the 2nd Sunday of the month, the normal Maintenance Day planned for that Sunday will NOT eventuate.

IMPORTANT: The NEXT event for the TBCS will be : SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER - BUNNINGS BBQ FUNDRAISER

ALL members who ASSIST on the BBQ MUST wear their TBCS polo tops. Help IS required anytime from 7:45am onwards.
So come down for 15min or 5hrs, ANY HELP will be appreciated, OR come down for a chat, BUY a sausage to show your support.

Reminder, this is our MAJOR fundraising event, so let's all chip in and earn as much as possible.

To relax and unwind, the following day : SUNDAY 26th OCTOBER - CRESSWELL mini-tour - Depart HQ 11:45am RTN 3:00pm
superbossgc

Post by superbossgc »

There is 2 VOVI is up for auction in Manheim Brisbane, its ex Bus Queensland Ipswich.

http://www.manheim.com.au/trucks-machin ... rchResults

and

http://www.manheim.com.au/trucks-machin ... rchResults

would you happy to purchase those life back :)
Austral Volvo B10M mk3 Artic (375-380) 1991-2012
metro_tas
Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

Post by metro_tas »

They have had some work since leaving metro, air con added, cloth seats added rear door removed look good
metro_tas
Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

Post by metro_tas »

one is ex metro #111 and the other is #126
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

SPECIAL LAST MINUTE TBCS TOUR - SUNDAY 19th OCT > Havnadip Bus Repairs. The Tas Bus Society has managed to organise a tour of the NEW million $$ dollar state-of-the-art bus REPAIR facility of HAVNADIP BUS REPAIRS. Tour will start from TBCS HQ @ 7:45AM YES 7:45am and will probably run for approx. 1.5-2hrs :?: Transport to/from will be provided.
yoda

Post by yoda »

After a few minor delays, the Tasmanian Bus and Coach Society has taken custody of bus 200.
Many thanks go to Scania Australia for their sponsorship to allow this to happen.
200-acquisition.jpg

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”