State Assets Sales

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

State Assets Sales

Post by stevegj52 »

Just been reading a statement by one term Tony that he supports Governments both federally and state to sell off assets to fund government projects and the treasurer Hockey will be discussing this with state governments. Well some of us saw this coming. So this will affect Metro,TasRail,TT Line, only a matter of time I guess :roll:
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
ScaniaL94UB
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Re: State Assets Sales

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

How long now until "privatisation" I don't think it will be too soon, it will be yonks down the track what will happen to the mechanics, cleaners, office staff, drivers... :shock:
Scania Trucks & Buses. Celebrate 100 years.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Re: State Assets Sales

Post by stevegj52 »

ScaniaL94UB wrote:How long now until "privatisation" I don't think it will be too soon, it will be yonks down the track what will happen to the mechanics, cleaners, office staff, drivers... :shock:
Soon could be 2 or 3 years away but who knows but it will happen eventually has it has in other states. Staff/Drivers would be offered new contracts if they wish to stay at less conditions what they enjoy now and contractors will continue and reassessed when their contracts finish or contracts paid out and start from new. I have been through this process myself a couple of times and cant see things being much different in this case if it happens down the track.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”