tassie fires

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

tassie fires

Post by captainch »

my heart felt thoughts are with the ppl who are in the fire range...................in 1965 as a 20 year old national serviceman being sent to hobart for the big fires cascade brewery :twisted: notice every year at this time its either cyclones/floods/bush fires and ppl say theres NO climate change! :twisted: my family lost every thing in qld floods, we have just had a huge fire, the only thing missing is a huge earthquake give it time I suppose am I becomming to cynicial?????? :roll:
Last edited by captainch on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
captainch

Re: tassie fires

Post by captainch »

sat jan 5th hope that the ppl of tassie get a break from theses horrible fires! and that the board members on this site .....are safe and their property and love ones are safe ..............your in my prayers and thoughts!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Well said, i can't say anything better
captainch

Post by captainch »

i'm laying in my sick bed thinking and feeling so uselees I can't do anything.................instead of spending f*********G milions on illeagle boat ppl spend that money on those fire choppers we hire each year and buy them the pollies should hang there heads in shame! think of AUSTRALIA FIRST! THE PPL THAT DIED FIGHTING FOR THIS COUNTRY would be spinning in their graves! as stated earlier my tears and prayers are with you at the blackest day again in our history :evil: :twisted: WHEN ARE WE GOING TO F**********G lern the GREENIES have a lot to answer for! :twisted: so now go hug a blackened burnt tree! :evil: :twisted:
yoda

Post by yoda »

Many thanks to all for their thoughts and words.
Today is certainly a lot better than yesterday's conditions - it reached 59 degrees in some places near the fire.
Still a high risk today, but hopefully the conditions will allow containment of the many blazes still going.
captainch

Post by captainch »

who would think it was snowing before xmas ..................and now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but being aussies we will beat and start as we do all over again material things can be bought and built again .........................LIVES can't! :oops: :cry: and weres our julia not a word and weres mr front the cameras kevin 07! :evil: :twisted: and weres THE ARMY! OH forgot were fighting every body elses WARS! :evil: :twisted:
yoda

Post by yoda »

The same on the local front - it seems holidays are holidays.
captainch

Post by captainch »

we just saw on mainland tv news metro bus driver kerry franklin telling about moving fire victims sad news indeed! :oops:
Derwent

Post by Derwent »

It hasn't been good...I have a lot of friends around Dunalley as I live in the area for years.
I know most of them got out safely.
My brother's work burned down (5 minutes after he was told to leave!) but his house made it. Next door burned down.
8 SPEED
Favourite Vehicle: Anything 420hp or above

Post by 8 SPEED »

Australia as a whole is very prone to bushfires and as captainch has said why dont we have a fleet of sky crane choppers.The usa has even got 747 fire bombers that can drop 100,000 litres in one hit,ok you say what about the cost(our small minded pollies)i say what about the total cost of a big bushfire add it up.Australia has to stop just talking big and start acting big.
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HORSEPOWER

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”