Satelite Yards

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
ScaniaL94UB
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Satelite Yards

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone have information on which buses are being replaced at Metro Tasmania, and what buses are allocated to satelite yards? and Springfield Depot :?:
Scania Trucks & Buses. Celebrate 100 years.
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Re: Satelite Yards

Post by leyland clippers »

Since the re-fuelling and cleaning has been outsourced certain buses are now not designated satellite yard buses. Before satellite yard drivers had their own bus all the time. Now they have different buses.
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Thanks for that info.
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

ScaniaL94UB wrote:Thanks for that info.
No worries.
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Yeh, as Frosty mentioned Josh, there are no longer designated buses at satellite yards, with the EXCEPTION being NON-urban yards, like Gordon(#228), Middleton(#227), Woodbridge(#231), Cygnet(#230) & Opossum Bay. There is also one @ Wynyard in the NW, which I think :?: may be #205 :?:
yoda

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote: There is also one @ Wynyard in the NW, which I think :?: may be #205 :?:
It was #620, and that was replaced by #636. May have changed again since.
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

That's funny, because today I spotted #230 doing an X7 and #231 doing a 42. :wink:
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Maybe you don't understand Metro rostering. Generally speaking a bus does not stay on one route all the time but rather they interwork.

A made up example:

Bus comes in from Woodbridge in the AM peak then goes up to Bridgewater and back then up to Fern Tree and back for first half of shift.

Second half of shift involves out to Lauderdale and back then West Hobart, Mornington and finally city back to Woodbridge.

The main excpetions would be the 14.5 metre buses which are on the northern corridor only.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

ScaniaL94UB wrote:That's funny, because today I spotted #230 doing an X7 and #231 doing a 42. :wink:
Very strange. May :?: have been required @ Springfield for service this weekend, or could have broken down late Friday arvo.
1whoknows wrote:Maybe you don't understand Metro rostering. Generally speaking a bus does not stay on one route all the time but rather they interwork.

A made up example:

Bus comes in from Woodbridge in the AM peak then goes up to Bridgewater and back then up to Fern Tree and back for first half of shift.

Second half of shift involves out to Lauderdale and back then West Hobart, Mornington and finally city back to Woodbridge.

The main excpetions would be the 14.5 metre buses which are on the northern corridor only.
Close 1whoknows. The 14.5s are getting used quite a bit on the Eastern Shore nowdays, as well as Kingston/Blackmans Bay on occassions :mrgreen: BUT, as for the WEEKDAY rostering of NON-urban buses, that's about right.
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Tas Bus Nut we usally get the 12.5s (Low-Floor NCBC & Customs) down at Kingston & Blackmans Bay. In fact I caught the 84 (#238) From Maranoa Heights to Hobart City and then an X7 to Gagebrook but got off at Metro Springfield. and then the 662 to my mates house (#219) + spotted the City Hotels Shuttle AIRPORTER in Hobart today.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Yeh, as mentioned previously, nearly ALL duties on Saturday are operated by 12.5s (low-floor) and ALL services on Sundays. There are a few exceptions on a Saturday, but as more 12.5s arrive, this will change so ALL services on weekends will be wheelchair accessible. I (for instance) today did a Rte.61 > City, Rte.53 + Rte.52 then after lunch 2 x Rte.42s ALL with #317. Normally, only 3 ordinary rigid buses are used of a Saturday.
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Yes I got off the bus (#238 in Hobart, then I watched it drive off down to Macquarie Street layover, and have lunch and a smoke. Then it came up Elizabeth St Mall and was about to do a 625 to Rokeby so the buses get around aye?, speaking of that 1 hour later it was back in town doing a 53 to Sandy Bay.
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Tas Bus Nut, you wouldn't of happened to be driving #328 going through Summerleas Road (Rt. 61) would you?
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

ScaniaL94UB wrote:Tas Bus Nut, you wouldn't of happened to be driving #328 going through Summerleas Road (Rt. 61) would you?
Nah. As I said above, I was driving #317, and BTW, Rte.62 goes through Summerleas, NOT Rte.61 :mrgreen:
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

:D Oh yes, I passed #317 in Kingston and #328.
ScaniaL94UB

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Speaking of all services on the weekend, being WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE no, I got on #147 on Saturday. :wink:
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

ScaniaL94UB wrote:Speaking of all services on the weekend, being WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE no, I got on #147 on Saturday. :wink:
ALL services SUNDAY are wheelchair accessible. 2-3 normal buses are used SATURDAY, BUT when more new low-floors buses ae delivered, THEN ALL Saturday services will be fully accessible. If you saw #317 in Kingston, it must have been late in the afternoon after I'd knocked off @ 1:40pm, because I didn't have it down there.

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”