TB&CS Annual Bus Tour 2012

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

TB&CS Annual Bus Tour 2012

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in this year's HOBART tour. Even with a few glitches on the way, things still went basically to plan, an additional ride in a Volvo a treat for many, and other treats involving ex NSW buses/coaches was enjoyed by all. I hope (and by reports it seems they did) everyone had a great time, saw some AWESOME sights, especially Saturday, & enjoyed our Tasmanian hospitality. As always, we enjoy your company and appreciate your attendance. A treat this year of course was the "joining" forces with the Clipper Club of Australia. The members of THAT club are very friendly, very generous and enjoy showing their exceptional vehicles (and why not, they are absolutely FANTASTIC) to everyone. Their presence in Hobart (or Tasmania for that fact) has generated a huge interest in our transport history, and this was shown in the HUGE turnout for the display on Saturday in Hobart. I thank them (Clipper Club) for allowing us (the TB&CS) to be involved with their display and allowing some of our members a RIDE in these beautiful coaches.

Vehicles on offer on the tour this year included: ex Sydney Atlantean DD #1085 (Red Decker Co) - 100yr old MV Cartela ferry - ex Hawkesford 2007 Volvo B9R/Coach Concepts (Walkers Coaches) - ex Metro Tasmania #134 1989 Scania N113/VOVI (TB&CS) - ex Hobart Coaches #14 1986 Scania K92/PMCSA (Wisby Coaches) - ex Snowliner Coaches 1993 Mercedes Benz OH1418/Jakab (O'Neill Coaches) - ex MTT #747 1980 Volvo B58/Volgren artic (Wisby Coaches)

I would like to PERSONALLY thank the various operators throughout the weekend for their participation in our annual tours. Without your assistance, these tours would NOT be possible, and for that, I THANK YOU :!: Your assistance in moving vehicles to accomodate our requests is very much appreciated, and for those who took us for a drive, that generous offer was great and highlights how friendly and helpful Tasmanian bus operators are in general.
I wish to especially THANK Doug Wisby from Wisby Coaches. Your generous offer to allow us to use a second vehicle (at very short notice) after complications to the itinerary, is testiment to your generousity and how trusting you are to ME personally and to our cause. So Doug, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
We (the participants) hope we can repay your generousity, by highlighting your respective fleets on the www, and through THIS forum and other online means.

So, once again . . . THANK YOU TO BUS OPERATORS - FLXIBLE CLIPPER OWNERS / MEMBERS
& YOU THE PARTICIPANTS WHO JOIN US ON THE TOUR.

Thank you, and remember . . SEPTEMBER 14/15 JIMMY TOUR (2 stroke heaven)
Last edited by Tas Bus Nut on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Re: TB&CS Annual Bus Tour 2012

Post by leyland clippers »

As President of the Tasmanian Bus & Coach Society I endorse Neil's comments here. A big thank you to all operators who gave up their time freely to let us look over their fleet, move coaches for photo opportunities and for short or long or otherwise trips in their coaches. To the Flxible Clipper Owners Club a big thank you for bringing your magnificient coaches to Tasmania and allowing us bus nuts the opportunity to look over your coaches whether at Berriedale or the trip down to the Huon Valley or the show and shine in Hobart yesterday. it was a pleasure to be able to organise the street closure to display your coaches and on behalf of the society I thank you for your generous donation to our society. The cruise on the Cartela was very enjoyable and I thank the members of the Clipper Club for coming on the cruise with us. I hope you enjoyed the lunch that was provided. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Neil for his organisation of the tour. As I said today without Neil these tours would not happen. TO Dave and Colin another BIG THANK YOU for cooking the BBQ lunch on the banks of the Huon River today. And last but not least thank you to those tour participants who travelled over from the big island to participate in the tour. Let's hope the next tour in September will be as successful as this one. Once again many thanks to one and all.
David Frost,
President,
Tasmanian Bus & Coach Socity.
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

I think I can say on behalf of the interstate visitors that once again we had a great time participating in two days of entertaining and well organised tours. Congrats once again to Neil and the team and thanks to all those supportive operators.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Yes, I fully support 1whoknows comments, just getting home tonight myself and seeing the wonderful photos of the the weekend made me think it was worth the trip down.

Only comment is one of the photos Tas Bus Nut posted could have taken a more pleasing angle and to Bus Riders and thank you for your comments on the photo.

Your selection for the optional dinner on Saturday night was great, great food, great service, and great company on the night.

Hope to make the Sept Tour subject to work etc etc.
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

I would also like to say a huge thank you to Neil especially for organizing this tour, you always do a fantastic job and the turns are very humorous and I love attending! Thanks to all the operators who alow us to view & pick their yards and fleet.
Unfortunately I will not be able to make the next tour as I will be in Phuket.

Again thanks to all involved!
Welcome Aboard
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Thanks for a great weekend Neil for great tour and the icing on the cake for me was the B58 Artic , a big thank you to Doug Wisbey,also thank you to all the other operators who provided their buses and valuable time.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
yoda

Post by yoda »

skystar320 wrote:Unfortunately I will not be able to make the next tour as I will be in Phuket.
Ah Phuket :P
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

phuck u miss! Lol
Welcome Aboard
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

Watch your language gentlemen :twisted: :lol: