Tasmanian Bus Observations - AUG 2011

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

#630 (ex Burnie) currently in paint shop getting overhaul before entering service in Hobart permanently.
SCOOP: KEEP AN EYE ON THE STREETS OF HOBART AFTER TOMORROW AS A NEW BUS ARRIVES :mrgreen:
yoda

Re: Tasmanian Bus Observations - AUG 2011

Post by yoda »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:SCOOP: KEEP AN EYE ON THE STREETS OF HOBART AFTER TOMORROW AS A NEW BUS ARRIVES :mrgreen:
Not referring to the naked Tiger then? :lol:
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

yoda wrote:Not referring to the naked Tiger then? :lol:
Saw that in sick bay this arvo :shock:
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yoda

Post by yoda »

MetroTasCatcher wrote:Saw that in sick bay this arvo :shock:
Followed you down to Glenorchy this evening....
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

yoda wrote:Not referring to the naked Tiger then? :lol:
Stripped bare of it's yellow stripes at the moment, eh :!: For those wondering, O'D's remaining Tiger in Kynoch livery is being "reskinned" and painted (or process of)
yoda wrote:Followed you down to Glenorchy this evening....
NOT driving is he :?: :?: Arrrrrggghhhhhh . . . . .everyone OFF the road :lol: :lol: Jokin' Isaac :mrgreen:
yoda wrote:
Tas Bus Nut wrote:SCOOP: KEEP AN EYE ON THE STREETS OF HOBART AFTER TOMORROW AS A NEW BUS ARRIVES :mrgreen:
Not referring to the naked Tiger then? :lol:
NO, not the Tiger :wink:
MetroTasCatcher

Tas Bus Nut wrote:
yoda wrote:Followed you down to Glenorchy this evening....
NOT driving is he :?: :?: Arrrrrggghhhhhh . . . . .everyone OFF the road :lol: :lol: Jokin' Isaac :mrgreen:
I am driving lol, but yoda is referring to him being put on the route 24s this week :lol:
yoda

Post by yoda »

No, referring to following your car down to Glenorchy with what looked to be your head in it last night :lol:
MetroTasCatcher

Was I wearing a fire service uniform? If so that would have been me 8)
yoda

Post by yoda »

It was your car and your "uniquely shaped head" that cast a shadow from my headlights. :mrgreen:
MetroTasCatcher

Up yours too yoda!
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Now Now U 2 children. Keep it civil
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Keeping up-to-date:
For those interested, #134 is in the grip of being FULLY mobile again. As some are aware, there were gearbox problems, which sidelined the bus for quite a few months. Not having major funds at our disposal, we (TB&CS) rely on assistance from some that WE have to work with, as most give up their time on free/cheap basis. Fortunately, repairs weren't expensive as 1st thought and the bus was mobile again, but NOT registered. Unfortunately here in TASMANIA, that cost is VERY expensive as there is NO assistance from Government. Because rego was allowed to lapse, due to the breakdown, another inspection was required before registration again. That inspection is being done TODAY, after a very very minor oil leak was fixed, only to find a puncture in one of the tyres :roll: (goodness, it's like having a woman :lol: :lol: JOKING :!: )WELL, that too has all be repaired, and fingers crossed, inspection today SHOULD be a breeze, and funds pending :?: the bus should be fuly registered again by this afternoon :mrgreen: Our place of residence for #134 has now been changed to a more central location closer to town, making it more accessible, and with minor "roadworks" on that site (being done at working bee this weekend) the bus can be safely stored where we can set about rubbing parts of the bodywork down in preparation of getting it repainted, where some areas have deteriorated over the years. WELL, there you have it, for those NOT in the loop, that is the events UTD.
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

Thanks for the update Neil.Lets hope that will be the end of problems for now.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
royaltiger
Favourite Vehicle: Royal Tiger Worldmaster !

Post by royaltiger »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:#630 (ex Burnie) currently in paint shop getting overhaul before entering service in Hobart permanently.
SCOOP: KEEP AN EYE ON THE STREETS OF HOBART AFTER TOMORROW AS A NEW BUS ARRIVES :mrgreen:
You must mean this!!! :mrgreen:
Attachments
CB80 in Metro Yard
CB80 in Metro Yard
DSC00166.JPG (110.84 KiB) Viewed 4121 times
Love this island!
AEC Regal

Post by AEC Regal »

I happened to wander by the Scott St. yard at Rogerville this morning for a sticky-beak. Bit sad to see the jaunty little MAN's sitting there withdrawn, unloved and unwanted along with some early Scania N112s. I noticed class leader No. 501 amongst them (others including 504, 506, 510, 511, etc). It occurred to me again, that surely 501 is a potential first class preservation candidate? I may have mentioned this before, but not really got (or remembered) the response, but is there any preservation plans for the MAN's? Understood they are probably not much liked and pretty shagged, but they are an important part of MTT/Metro history (and AFAIR an interesting pre Tas. history in Darwin?) and with so many significant MTT/Metro bus types already vanished from the scene, it would be sad to see the MAN's also disappear into history.

Cheers,
SZ
andrew28121990
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech CDi

Post by andrew28121990 »

that cb80 has been everywhere.

BI50AU Mercedes-Benz O500LE WEB63442021000213 Custom Coaches "CB80" 08-001 10/09 B49DW
ex BE23KT; ex TransdevTSL, Mt Kurin-gai (5/10 to 15/6/10); ex Busways, Blacktown (7000) & (881) demonstrator (1/10 to 4/10) - Displayed at the 2009 Australian Bus & Coach Show, Rose Hill Racecourse 7-8/10/09.
Demonstrated from 11/10 to 2/11 and then loaned to CDC (Hillsbus) Foundry Road, Seven Hills 3/11.
Born And Bred Central Coastian...
MetroTasCatcher

SWEET! Are we going to be able to have a look inside it? What's it down here for??
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

MetroTasCatcher wrote:SWEET! Are we going to be able to have a look inside it? What's it down here for??
On loan to O'D for a couple of months.
AEC Regal wrote:I happened to wander by the Scott St. yard at Rogerville this morning for a sticky-beak. Bit sad to see the jaunty little MAN's sitting there withdrawn, unloved and unwanted along with some early Scania N112s. I noticed class leader No. 501 amongst them (others including 504, 506, 510, 511, etc). It occurred to me again, that surely 501 is a potential first class preservation candidate? I may have mentioned this before, but not really got (or remembered) the response, but is there any preservation plans for the MAN's? Understood they are probably not much liked and pretty shagged, but they are an important part of MTT/Metro history (and AFAIR an interesting pre Tas. history in Darwin?) and with so many significant MTT/Metro bus types already vanished from the scene, it would be sad to see the MAN's also disappear into history.

Cheers,
SZ
Funds :?: AEC Regal. Bit arrogant asking Metro for another donation, but yes, it would be good to try and get one for preservation :wink:
Derwent

Post by Derwent »

I do have interior photos and will post soon...
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

Whilst pounding the pavement today observed a new pole with a covered up bus stop blade in Macquarie Street outside 181 Macquarie Street adjacent the old Hutchins School. The bus stop adjacent to Macquarie House near Harrington Street and the bus stop adjacent to Motors showroom before Barrack Street as from Monday 8th August will be removed. Here are a couple of pics of the notices posted.
Bus stop adj Motors Showroom.
Bus stop adj Motors Showroom.
Image0425.jpg (39.83 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
Bus stop adj Macquarie House.
Bus stop adj Macquarie House.
Image0426.jpg (30.48 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Streamlining services by removing bus stops :lol: Maybe if they didn't cut the times so often, they wouldn't have to streamline services and remove bus stops. :roll: Coming into the City on Macquarie St, you will have a stop @ Collegiate (Molle/Macq), next one @ OLD Hutchins School (Barrack/Macq) and then Reserve Bank (Murray/Macq), so technically, they are removing (3) stops and replacing with (1) only :roll: Yes it will make it quicker, but are we serving the public :?: Make 'em walk any further, they'll walk from home :lol:
AEC Regal

Post by AEC Regal »

Quote: Tas Bus Nut
<<<Funds AEC Regal. Bit arrogant asking Metro for another donation, but yes, it would be good to try and get one for preservation >>>

Understood that Metro's recent donation of 134 would be a one off and the bus preservation movement won't get very far hoping for another one. However, one can always run an appeal? The appeal could be run interstate as well as locally, advertising in the bus enthusiast magazines. I would be more than happy to donate. I'm sure other historic bus fans would too. If I had plenty of cash I would buy it myself! Maybe if Metro saw an effort being made to raise money for it, they would at least hold it back from going to auction?

Cheers,
SZ
yoda

Post by yoda »

Mr Nut observed ex HC9 out and about.
I have spotted #505 in the workshops with the engine and possibly the gearbox removed. I'd imagine this is to get #507 back on the road.
royaltiger
Favourite Vehicle: Royal Tiger Worldmaster !

Post by royaltiger »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:Streamlining services by removing bus stops :lol: Maybe if they didn't cut the times so often, they wouldn't have to streamline services and remove bus stops. :roll: Coming into the City on Macquarie St, you will have a stop @ Collegiate (Molle/Macq), next one @ OLD Hutchins School (Barrack/Macq) and then Reserve Bank (Murray/Macq), so technically, they are removing (3) stops and replacing with (1) only :roll: Yes it will make it quicker, but are we serving the public :?: Make 'em walk any further, they'll walk from home :lol:
I find intruiging the removal of Stop 3 (just before Murray St) as it is a popular stop at all times of day, despite the close proximity of the stop on the other side of the traffic lights (aka Reserve Bank stop). It also helps filter the incoming traffic to the Reserve Bank stop.
Love this island!
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

yoda wrote:Mr Nut observed ex HC9 out and about.
ex Hobart Coach #9 HAS BEEN SOLD :( :!: Although there IS (1) ex HC vehicle left (#11), the fact it's an Orana rather than a COACH,
you can basically say. . . ALL HOBART COACHES HAVE BEEN SOLD :( :( The END of an era. R.I.P. Uncle Don would be disappointed :cry: :cry:

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”