Various electric buses at TSA.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Re: Various electric buses at TSA.

Post by sunnyyan »

There seems to be some kind of issue with tracking on one or more electric buses. Both yesterday and today I was unable to find any electrics on Anytrip at around 12pm. I was very lucky to get the Yutong today and found the AVL wasn't working (readers didn't go to sleep and driver was manually advancing stops).

Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:20 years seems to be the expected life of buses here in Australia with 25 being the limit to allow for bus shortages and to give a bit of leeway.
Running 30 year old becomes politically cancerous.
It probably would be - but with recent trends like the "War on Waste," people are hopefully becoming more aware of how much we tend to waste as a society. Durable goods (or at least they're supposed to be!) are no exception. Hopefully attitudes towards safe and completely serviceable older vehicles change, it's more a matter of keeping them cosmetically appeasing.

Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

I think anytrip is down altogether for tracking electric buses because for the last day I’ve seen electric buses out and about, they don’t show up when I check the website at that moment. They can still be found individually on NextThere though.

Maybe they’re adding data for the Yutong?

jxeeno

Post by jxeeno »

The filter should be working on AnyTrip again. Had to update the list of models to filter because it got changed on the TfNSW side.

We're still waiting for the Yutong, it doesn't seem to be tracked (yet).

Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Does anyone know where or how to find the Yutong? Any routes it’s commonly found on? AnyTrip still for some reason hasn’t added it under “electric buses”, nor have I seen it anywhere when browsing NextThere. And otherwise, just seems rarer than the typical one-off novelty bus.

jxeeno

Post by jxeeno »

Yeah, we still haven't seen any vehicles reporting to be the Yutong in the real-time data feeds yet. If anyone happens to catch it and can share times/routes, we may be able work out if it's showing up as another bus model by mistake.

tonyp

Post by tonyp »

jxeeno wrote:Yeah, we still haven't seen any vehicles reporting to be the Yutong in the real-time data feeds yet. If anyone happens to catch it and can share times/routes, we may be able work out if it's showing up as another bus model by mistake.
Has anybody thought of phoning TSA? Maybe they'll tell you something that TfNSW won't.

While you're waiting, I'll treat y'all to a ride up Mt Pleasant near Kiama ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mdUxjLft0s
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"

1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Perhaps it is not listed because it is a loaned bus rather than an owned bus?
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.

J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

1whoknows wrote:Perhaps it is not listed because it is a loaned bus rather than an owned bus?
Technically all new buses are part of the contract deal with TfNSW rather than outright owned by the operator, so I doubt that is the case. Probably just an issue with the way it was entered into the system.
https://transportnsw.wordpress.com
Eternally waiting for the Eastern Suburbs rail line to make it to Randwick
RIP STA 14.5s 28/01/93 - 05/12/19

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

But that is a different thing. They are part of the region contract but this bus as a demonstrator would not be part of that.
Living in the Shire.

Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

jxeeno wrote:Yeah, we still haven't seen any vehicles reporting to be the Yutong in the real-time data feeds yet. If anyone happens to catch it and can share times/routes, we may be able work out if it's showing up as another bus model by mistake.
It's been in service for weeks now on the BYD rosters.

moa999

Post by moa999 »

Guessing it might be the TfNSW database.
While reporting on Anytrip as BYD electrics, the four were showing as O405 on Tripview for a few weeks (since corrected)
Last edited by moa999 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

jxeeno

Post by jxeeno »

moa999 wrote:Guessing it might be the TfNSW database.
While reporting on Anytrip as BYD electrics, they four were showing as O405 on Tripview for a few weeks (since corrected)
Yeah, we regularly have to override the models especially for new additions to the fleet.

Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Just spotted the bus (Yutong) at King St, forgot if it was route 389 or 470 in the desto, but did see the the Opal readers were “closed”, so couldn’t see what it comes up as in real-time tracking.

Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Rare sighting but one of the BYD Gemilangs is running on M50 today

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”