New bus network arising from SMNW opening

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
swtt

Post by swtt »

OK I'll start the new thread to get the predictions and rumour mill going :) It's merely a continuation of some of the discussions here: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... ead#unread
  • 610X/M61 most likely to be butchered by unlikely to be killed off - one of its biggest patronage generators at Baulkham Hills Jctn still needs to be served with direct City services, otherwise it's three different vehicles to the city (bus to Castle Hill, then SMNW, then Syd Trains)
  • 607X will probably be axed from Rouse Hill as far as Bella Vista? Other parts of the T-way still need to be served with a direct City service?
  • 618X probably will continue in one form or another, but only from Norwest to Baulkham Hills Jctn?
  • 610/619 will most likely just disappear or become a local metro feeder service?
gilberations

Re: New bus network arising from SMNW opening

Post by gilberations »

I suspect that the 607X will continue just as it is, as it will have a shorter running time to town Hall.
610 will become a Rouse Hill to Baulkham Hills Jctn only Route feeding into both Castle Hill and Rouse Hill stations.
M61 will stay as is
619 will stay as is
740 I suspect will be discontinued replaced with a more frequent 745
I strongly suspect all other city services will stay as they are as the metro wouldn’t be able to handle the sheer influx of all those buses ever
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

gilberations wrote:I strongly suspect all other city services will stay as they are as the metro wouldn’t be able to handle the sheer influx of all those buses ever
I tend to agree. Also because the North Shore line trains won't have the capacity at Chatswood to take all the metro passengers to the City, and people at stations like Artarmon and Waveton will have no hope getting on trains.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

The only routes I can confidently say will go will be any Hills - Lower North Shore and Chatswood services during the weekday peak

There was some rumors that 611 would extend to the CBD via Epping Road for M2 bus stations and a reduced frequency M61 with possibly a new route number.

Also Dural and West Pennant Hills would keep its CBD services but there were some ideas that the routes would run via Epping Road or doing something different and terminate early at Epping / Macq Park via Beecroft (similar to the 651)
Last edited by kypros1992 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

The 614X could remain as it serves Winston Hills not covered by metro. I'm wondering the 611 to the CBD would then partially compete with the Western Line as it serves Blacktown & Seven Hills stations.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

andy_centralcoast wrote:
gilberations wrote:I strongly suspect all other city services will stay as they are as the metro wouldn’t be able to handle the sheer influx of all those buses ever
I tend to agree. Also because the North Shore line trains won't have the capacity at Chatswood to take all the metro passengers to the City, and people at stations like Artarmon and Waveton will have no hope getting on trains.
Not all Metro passengers need to change at Chatswood to continue to the city. They could also change at Epping for a Northern Line service via Strathfield or a CCN service stopping at Strathfield and Central only.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

A Refresher

From the NWRL EIS:

From the Kelyville, Bella Vista, and Showground Precinct Plans:

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thanks for those.
Interesting to see that in figure 9 the Metro already operates into the CBD so I suspect that not all this can be implemented at this point in time. And others date back to the days when the terms Rapid Bus routes, Suburban Bus routes and Local bus routes were still in use - who had heard them mentioned recently?
Living in the Shire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Fleet Lists wrote:Thanks for those.
Interesting to see that in figure 9 the Metro already operates into the CBD so I suspect that not all this can be implemented at this point in time. And others date back to the days when the terms Rapid Bus routes, Suburban Bus routes and Local bus routes were still in use - who had heard them mentioned recently?
Still referred to in many internal documents, especially with road widenings and "this road is used by Rapid Route xx, as described in Sydney's Bus Future" blah blah blah.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Fleet Lists wrote:Thanks for those.
Interesting to see that in figure 9 the Metro already operates into the CBD so I suspect that not all this can be implemented at this point in time.
Actually this map is for just SMNW, with the EIS specifically mentioning the Cherrybrook and West Pennant Hills routes being scrapped once C&SW makes it time competitive.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

I whipped up a crude map of what those structure plans may be showing in regards to a reorganisation. Obviously not every route was included:

For comparison:

neilrex

Post by neilrex »

The ALP candidate for epping ( I think ), seems to be making a fuss about why there is secrecy about the bus changes. Messages from him almost every day about it.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

what is the difference between a suburban bus route and a local bus route supposed to be ?
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

neilrex wrote:what is the difference between a suburban bus route and a local bus route supposed to be ?
Local route is a highly localized, back streets kind of route, such as 742
Suburban route is town to town via main roads, i.e. T74
Rapid route is corridor route, i.e. 607X

To use routes in the area
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

neilrex wrote:what is the difference between a suburban bus route and a local bus route supposed to be ?
There was a plan in 2013 which defined three levels of bus routes - rapid, suburban and local but no mention has been made of that in more recent years although it does get a mention in the more recent 2056 plan. see https://future.transport.nsw.gov.au/sit ... Plan_0.pdf
Living in the Shire.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

gilberations wrote:
Local route is a highly localized, back streets kind of route, such as 742
Suburban route is town to town via main roads, i.e. T74
Rapid route is corridor route, i.e. 607X

To use routes in the area
Looking at those fancy maps posted a couple of days ago, the "suburban" routes seem to be as meandering as the "local" routes.

The killer turn-off for feeder buses, is low frequency, particularly for outbound trips.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

Looking at the third one of mandonov's big map collection, is it correct that the part of Windsor Road north of the junction of Windsor Road and Old Windsor Road, is called Old Windsor Road, now ?

It didn't used to be called that.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

No that is a mistake on the map, still called Windsor Rd at that point.
kypros1992

Re: NSW Future Rail Plan - NWRL/Metro/Harbour Crossing

Post by kypros1992 »

Stu wrote:Changes to be metrobus services are due to commence April 28 and Metro train is due to commence May 5.
Are there any changes to metrobus routes or just the route numbering?

Remember some rumours that routes such as M41 were to split into two
swtt

Post by swtt »

kypros1992 wrote:
Stu wrote:Changes to be metrobus services are due to commence April 28 and Metro train is due to commence May 5.

Strangely M41 still exists on the trip planner on 28/4 but not 29/4!

Stu

Post by Stu »

kypros1992 wrote:

M41 will be renumbered to 410 and as far as I'm aware the service will remain as is - long and unreliable. There are a number of customers around Marsfield and Macquarie Park who rely on this service and are severely inconvenienced on days when traffic is very bad.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

In the Transport Info timetables new timetables for M41 went up today for 15/4 which is the beginning of the school holidays and it does not have an end date yet and no 410. I guess that will be the next step.
I think I am going to miss all the fun as I am going on a 5 week cruise next Tuesday.
Living in the Shire.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Fleet Lists wrote:In the Transport Info timetables new timetables for M41 went up today for 15/4 which is the beginning of the school holidays and it does not have an end date yet and no 410. I guess that will be the next step.
I think I am going to miss all the fun as I am going on a 5 week cruise next Tuesday.
At the risk of going off topic, I hope you have bought the wifi package for your cruise as you will be sorely missed if you aren't here on the forums. But enjoy your cruise nonetheless.

They have probably uploaded the timetable as it is still needed given school holiday changes.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
swtt

Post by swtt »

kypros1992 wrote:Are there any changes to metrobus routes or just the route numbering?

M41 will be renumbered to 410 and as far as I'm aware the service will remain as is - long and unreliable. There are a number of customers around Marsfield and Macquarie Park who rely on this service and are severely inconvenienced on days when traffic is very bad.
Any other confirmations of M54 will return to 548 or M60/M61 becoming 600/610X respectively?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk
swtt

Post by swtt »

Found out a little more: looks like Route m54 will be rebranded as 550.

https://transportnsw.info/trip#/?wSpeed ... 1904292325

https://transportnsw.info/trip#/departu ... 1904291735

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”