• Advertisement

Which STA or TSA Depot Attracts Most Complaints?

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion

Which STA or TSA Depot Attracts Most Complaints?

Postby Swift » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm nominating Willoughby or Mona Vale. I think passengers in the north expect drivers to indulge their whims and give them more personal attention, compared to the south, east or west where as long as the driver just drives without crashing, all is fine. The passengers in Willoughby are definitely a funny breed. Mona Vale ones are just plain demanding by my admittedly limited impression.
I'd be curious to know what the stats point to.
'Zip on the doodah' It starts right away! Victa's New Zip Start System for the 70s!!
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Which STA or TSA Depot Attracts Most Complaints?

Postby boronia » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Didn't Constance bandy some stats around at the time he decided that R6 was the worst?
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2019
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

Postby J_Busworth » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:58 pm

It would depend on the measure you use to determine the number of complaints. If you use raw numbers it would likely be the depot which operates the largest number of services, but if you used the number of complaints per 1000 passengers or something like that it could be any depot.

That was the largest issue I had with Constance using R6 complaint numbers as justification for privatisation. Yes the raw number of complaints was overly high, but that could be attributed to the fact the region had one of largest number of services operated. Per 1000 passengers, Busabout and Interline both get many more complaints than STA did for example.
https://transportnsw.wordpress.com
Eternally waiting for the Eastern Suburbs rail line to make it to Randwick
J_Busworth

Postby Fleet Lists » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:02 pm

J_Busworth wrote: Per 1000 passengers, Busabout and Interline both get many more complaints than STA did for example.

Can you provide specific figures to prove that?
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Frosty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:04 pm

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/data-a ... me-running
Having looked at on-time running stats during Mar 17 to Jan 18 Region 9 STA (Eastern Region) had worst on-time running stats of any Sydney Region on average. So R9 could have the most complaints around on-time running.
Frosty

Postby J_Busworth » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 pm

Fleet Lists wrote:
J_Busworth wrote: Per 1000 passengers, Busabout and Interline both get many more complaints than STA did for example.

Can you provide specific figures to prove that?

According to my records between 2014 and 2017, Busabout received 3.36 complaints per 1000 passengers and Interline received 3.07 complaints per 1000 passengers. STA only received 2.81 complaints per 1000 passengers. The worst was Busways received 3.38 complaints per 1000 passengers. Not as bad a gap as I remember but a gap none the less. Based on the same set of statistics, Ryde was the most complained about depot, attracting 3.42 complaints per 1000 passengers. Punchbowl Bus was the least complained about operator, with only 0.84 complaints per 1000 passenger.

I got these stats from friends I have at Unions NSW who are associate with the RBTU, so they could be incorrect. I think a Newspaper (can't remember which) might have reported similar stats last year too.
https://transportnsw.wordpress.com
Eternally waiting for the Eastern Suburbs rail line to make it to Randwick
J_Busworth

Postby Fleet Lists » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Frosty wrote:https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/data-and-research/passenger-travel/buses-on-time-running
Having looked at on-time running stats during Mar 17 to Jan 18 Region 9 STA (Eastern Region) had worst on-time running stats of any Sydney Region on average. So R9 could have the most complaints around on-time running.

They do not necessarily relate. Complaints can be about totally different issues.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Swift » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 am

I'd like a break down of the nature of the complaints and the proportions at different depots.Eg.: Lateness, how well the bus is driven, driver behaviour, service etc.
'Zip on the doodah' It starts right away! Victa's New Zip Start System for the 70s!!
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Sydney / NSW