Nostalgia: CityRail Olympic Games TT - Northern Line

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
swtt

Nostalgia: CityRail Olympic Games TT - Northern Line

Post by swtt »

For our younger members who may not remember what happened 18 years ago:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiGsYN5A84bmm_IdVt9AuBw91x6Pdw

(8MB PDF)

[managed to scan this efficiently only recently with a new MFC purchase which lets me scan directly to inbox!]
stupid_girl

Re: Nostalgia: CityRail Olympic Games TT - Northern Line

Post by stupid_girl »

It seems trains were running faster at that time. :?
gld59

Post by gld59 »

I've got a zip file of the web site for *all* those timetables. I assume the zip itself (barely more than 1MB) was made available for download, as I wouldn't have gone and saved 709 files! :lol:

PM me if you want me to email it.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

I recall many of the Central Coast trains would make additional stops at Concord West for people to walk from there to Olympic Park.

I assume the walking route from Concord West to Olympic Park no longer exists as it's never promoted for sporting events or the Royal Easter Show.
swtt

Post by swtt »

andy_centralcoast wrote:I recall many of the Central Coast trains would make additional stops at Concord West for people to walk from there to Olympic Park.

I assume the walking route from Concord West to Olympic Park no longer exists as it's never promoted for sporting events or the Royal Easter Show.
It's still there, but interchanging at Strathfield is "more convenient" these days...
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

andy_centralcoast wrote:I recall many of the Central Coast trains would make additional stops at Concord West for people to walk from there to Olympic Park.

It was a looong hike, treeless and exposed to the sun (or rain for that matter). The sheer number of people attending the Olympics justified it, but not now.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”