Station Link Observations

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
moa999

Re: Station Link Observations

Post by moa999 »

grimlock81 wrote:Image
New display inside my SL3 this morning. The SL1 I also took still has the old pink/magenta display.
Prepping to use as rail replacement?
As a Bus, you'd think it should be Blue.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

moa999 wrote:
grimlock81 wrote:Image
New display inside my SL3 this morning. The SL1 I also took still has the old pink/magenta display.
Prepping to use as rail replacement?
Perhaps they’ll change color based on line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jpp42

Post by jpp42 »

moa999 wrote: Prepping to use as rail replacement?
Will the StationLink buses be used on the NightRide equivalent service during overnight periods?
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

By the time Nightride buses start operating (~12 AM) , most of the regular buses would be back at the depot so I don't think they are going to specifically retain Station Link buses to do these runs.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That would refer to routes NW1 and NW2 which will operate some nights on a teporary basis.
Living in the Shire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Is that pink coming off? I think so, as they can then be used elsewhere. Sydney bus operators are not good at segregating buses with themed liveries.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Not impossible to do at all. The Saturday requirement for the Station Link buses is already lower. Just need to rewrap some from Friday night for Sunday night operation. Almost 48 hour window for it to happen.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk
Qantas94Heavy

Post by Qantas94Heavy »

It appears there is no end to the door 'issues'. At Macquarie Uni a few days ago, someone was wanting to get off at the back when the door gets slammed on them. The marshal had signalled for the door to be closed and ends up blaming the person standing in the aisle next to the door.

"Excuse me, people are still trying to get off and you're blocking my view, how do you think I can see? Absolute *worst* place to be standing."

Then spends the time to walk to the front door and repeat his little spiel to the driver before we finally take off.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

How could all the other buses in Sydney, nay, the entire world, possible manage ?
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Further to my previous advice, the first two buses to leave the StationLink fleet have been transferred to Menai and South Granville today. Expect more to go over the coming weeks. Also several are still on StationLink duties but have already lost their pink signage.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

The last Station Link buses (SL1) will depart at Epping at 11:59am and Chatswood at 12:01pm on the 26th
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

In that case then has CDC said when their soon to be Ex Stationlink buses will get moved down to the "Hunter Valley" as previous articles have pointed out?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Transdev has recently transferred stationlink Mercedes O500LE Bustech VST m/o 6949 to Menai witch might mean that the government are getting Transdev to transfer those stationlink O500LEs into region 10
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:Transdev has recently transferred stationlink Mercedes O500LE Bustech VST m/o 6949 to Menai witch might mean that the government are getting Transdev to transfer those stationlink O500LEs into region 10
I'd guess that the StationLink buses would be used to elminate the oldest high floors across all Sydney Transdev regions.

Without knowing which ones are now "charter only", there are around 110 route-spec high floors in the fleet, and around 60 StationLink buses. I imagine newer high floors such as O405s and O400s may survive the cull, but all the odds and sods will go.

C :)
Campbelltown busboy

Bovways wrote:
Campbelltown busboy wrote:Transdev has recently transferred stationlink Mercedes O500LE Bustech VST m/o 6949 to Menai witch might mean that the government are getting Transdev to transfer those stationlink O500LEs into region 10
I'd guess that the StationLink buses would be used to elminate the oldest high floors across all Sydney Transdev regions.

Without knowing which ones are now "charter only", there are around 110 route-spec high floors in the fleet, and around 60 StationLink buses. I imagine newer high floors such as O405s and O400s may survive the cull, but all the odds and sods will go.

C :)
There would probably be movement at Transdev depots in region 10 if the stationlink O500LEs get split between Taren Point and Menai witch would mean most of the older high floors will be withdrawn and the remaining Connex/Veolia era single door O500LE VSTs from 2006/2007 currently based at Taren Point would be probably transferred to Kingsgrove
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:There would probably be movement at Transdev depots in region 10 if the stationlink O500LEs get split between Taren Point and Menai witch would mean most of the older high floors will be withdrawn and the remaining Connex/Veolia era single door O500LE VSTs from 2006/2007 currently based at Taren Point would be probably transferred to Kingsgrove
But what of regions 12 & 13?
Campbelltown busboy

Bovways wrote:
Campbelltown busboy wrote:There would probably be movement at Transdev depots in region 10 if the stationlink O500LEs get split between Taren Point and Menai witch would mean most of the older high floors will be withdrawn and the remaining Connex/Veolia era single door O500LE VSTs from 2006/2007 currently based at Taren Point would be probably transferred to Kingsgrove
But what of regions 12 & 13?
Regions 12 and 13 would probably get the VST Volvo B8RLEs
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Bus all your posts on this subject have been pure speculation.
Living in the Shire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

Spotted Transdev's 6813 laying up near Epping Station today while on the 550 this morning, still sporting the Camellia depot credentials on the right hand side of the bus which was also unwrapped to the standard sky-blue TfNSW livery.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Campbelltown busboy

Richard290 wrote:Spotted Transdev's 6813 laying up near Epping Station today while on the 550 this morning, still sporting the Camellia depot credentials on the right hand side of the bus which was also unwrapped to the standard sky-blue TfNSW livery.
Why would a Transdev bus be doing a STA region 7 route
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As you say - Laying over - so route number shown was probably meaningless.
Living in the Shire.
grimlock81

Post by grimlock81 »

Audio of Lee Lin Chin spruiking the opening of the Metro was played on my SL2 this morning
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

I think Richard is saying he was on the STA 550, but the Transdev bus he spotted at Epping was unwrapped. Some Station Link buses are unwrapped ahead of final days to be ready for Metro Replacement Night Bus services on the Sunday Night.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

In view of the large number of freeloaders who will be out trying the metro on Sunday, I wonder if they will keep the SL buses running for genuine travellers?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

boronia wrote:In view of the large number of freeloaders who will be out trying the metro on Sunday, I wonder if they will keep the SL buses running for genuine travellers?
According to Tripview, SL buses operate until noon (about 1 hour overlap with metro).

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”