Private Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Campbelltown busboy

Re: Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Mike M wrote:Seen in Campbelltown this afternoon on route 888 was brand new looking Busabout MO 6494 complete with scrolling LED display. Can anyone help with make & model information?
A Busabout bus with something brighter then a white flip dot desto that’s something different the LED desto will help me work out the new MAN VSTs and the older 2014 MAN 18.320 VSTs besides m/o 6118 witch has the older yellow flip dot desto and the 2016 and 2017 built MAN 19.320 VSTs witch have the white flip dot desto
Note m/o 6118 is the only one of the 2014 batch of region 15 contracted MAN 18.320s to get the yellow flip dot desto
LB608

Post by LB608 »

6494 is a MAN
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Transit Systems have 2 new Scania's K310UB registered today one is m/o8000,the other is m/o8005,according to my records m/o8005 plate ,has never been issued,or have i missed something?
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ Plenty more Scania units on the way for Region 6.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Damn. How much money do those fools at the Dooleys Catholic Club pay for advertising on buses?!?

I saw Transdev South Granville's 5019 (CB60 Evo II, B7RLE) finishing a school run outside the Fairfield RSL on Dale St at about 3:40pm yesterday (September 27) and just about the whole left, right and back of the bus was covered in Dooleys advertising. We'd be used to A.O.As, but what grabbed my attention here was that 3 out of the 4 fleet numbers were covered over. The only fleet number left uncovered was the one on the rear left of the bus.

I've seen heaps of A.O.As before, but for a Transdev bus this feels over the top.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

The general public is not interested in fleet numbers, so it is no great loss.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:That has been posted before but it is believed that it is still awaiting final approval. see https://forestcoachlines.com.au/publica ... ownership/
This has now disappeared from the Forest website. So has this fallen through?
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Nothing announced to the Singapore Exchange, so probably not. https://www.comfortdelgro.com/web/guest ... ouncements

ComfortDelGro would have completed their due dilligence before the announcement. The deal requires government sign off before it can proceed, presumably from some or all of the Australian Competition & Consumer Competition, Foreign Investment Review Board and Transport for NSW. These bodies rarely kick up much of a fuss, so likely just a formality.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:Damn. How much money do those fools at the Dooleys Catholic Club pay for advertising on buses?!?

I saw Transdev South Granville's 5019 (CB60 Evo II, B7RLE) finishing a school run outside the Fairfield RSL on Dale St at about 3:40pm yesterday (September 27) and just about the whole left, right and back of the bus was covered in Dooleys advertising. We'd be used to A.O.As, but what grabbed my attention here was that 3 out of the 4 fleet numbers were covered over. The only fleet number left uncovered was the one on the rear left of the bus.

I've seen heaps of A.O.As before, but for a Transdev bus this feels over the top.
You do realise that on the back and front of the buses have a small yellow rectangle metal plate with numbers printed on them, registration plates, e.g M/O 5019
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Stu wrote:^ Plenty more Scania units on the way for Region 6.
More Gemilang Eco's, but what I just don't understand is why are they all headed to Leichhardt? Started off with a small initial number of five when TSA started in R6, but meanwhile we're now at over 20 already. Some big frequency boost coming for Leichardt routes sometime soon or something? Not that I'm complaining, after all it isn't a Bustech. If anything, more artics for Leichardt and Tempe (Volvo B8RLEA?), ie, the depots in charge of running the TSA Metrobuses and put an end to the numerous standard buses on those routes.

If I was in charge, I'd send the new Gemilangs all to Kingsgrove. Then just retire as many as possible as the old Scania L113CRLs that are still running there. I see theres indeed way more than 20 of them at Kingsgrove, but by gradually withdrawing them, they could soon be relegated to becoming a weekday-only bus (with then enough newer buses to carry Kingsgrove in the weekend).They look even more tired and tattered than the Mark V's did in their last days. I'm surprised the 14.5m Scanias, I guess now on their last legs, made the cut, clearly the 14.5 length serves an important niche.
BanksfielderIdiot823

BAMBAM wrote:
BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:Damn. How much money do those fools at the Dooleys Catholic Club pay for advertising on buses?!?

You do realise that on the back and front of the buses have a small yellow rectangle metal plate with numbers printed on them, registration plates, e.g M/O 5019
I already know what a number plate looks like, boss. Every registered vehicle you see out on the street has one. I mean, how the heck else was I going to get the number other than on the plates considering that I was on the complete opposite side of the road and both the fleet numbers on the side that was facing me was covered by this advert??? But the only ones who would figure the numbering side of things out would be those who already know about Transdev's numbering and not somebody who's come from another operator, say Transit Systems whose fleet numbers differ from the plate number. (e.g. M/O 5970 for bus #1123.)

Anyway, moving on...
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Yesterday Saturday a coach operator from Smeaton Grange found himself with his full size bus nearly at the top of Gan Gan lookout, Nelson Bay, just before the last bend, before realising he could not turn around. He thus had to reverse back down the hill and did a multi point turn at Pillinda Ct roundabout. I forget the name, and did not take the rego, but it was a man's name.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

End of an era for Forest Coach Lines
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... =anonymous subscriber only
Jim O’Rourke, Manly Daily
September 28, 2018 3:21pm
Subscriber only
THE reign of the Royle family, who had owned and run Forest Coach Lines since 1930, ended on Friday.

What was Sydney’s oldest private bus company is now officially part of Singapore-based transport giant ComfortDelGro’s (CDG) international empire.

The bus line, with a fleet of 220, was jointly owned for the past four years by Australian private equity firm Next Capital, which had an 80 per cent stake in the company.

Former managing director David Royle — a third generation member of the bus family — held a minority shareholding.

In August it was announced that the business had been sold to CDG for $110 million.

Mr Royle said yesterday he did not want to see the profitable company sold.

“It’s disappointing but that’s the reality of not having full control of the business,” Mr Royle said. “It was a profitable business that was an attractive proposition for the Singaporeans.”

But the new owners told Mr Royle that he was no longer required as MD.

He confirmed yesterday the family no longer had any connection to the company founded by brothers Trevor and Eric Royle two years after they emigrated from Wales in 1928.

Mr Royle said all Forest staff, including the bus drivers, had been told they would keep their jobs.

CDG is one of the world’s largest road transport companies with a total fleet size of more than 42,700 buses, taxis and rental vehicles.

As well as Singapore, it has operations in China, the UK, Ireland, Vietnam and Malaysia.

It said it was attracted to Forest Coach Lines due to growth prospects for the area once the new Northern Beaches Hospital opened at the end of October.

Forest Coach Lines began in Roseville under the name Royle Brothers after they bought a small suburban bus business that had routes to Chatswood and Roseville stations as well as Penshurst St, Willoughby.

The Royles eventually expanded the network to Frenchs Forest, Belrose and Terrey Hills in the 1940s. They changed the name to Forest Coach Lines in 1964.

In 1973 they introduced a route from Chatswood to Warringah Mall via Allambie Heights and extensions to Duffys Forest, Davidson, Killarney Heights and Castle Cove were added.

Services to Narrabeen, Mona Vale, Pymble at St Ives followed.

In 1992, Forest became the first private operator in 40 years to operate bus services into Sydney’s CBD.

“It has been a privilege for me and my family to be part of this great business and to serve the people of the Forest area for so many years,” Mr Royle said.
Living in the Shire.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

....services no longer required ...ouch !
Campbelltown busboy

While walking down Lyn parade Prestons from work to catch a bus to Liverpool from Hoxton Park road I spotted a new Transit Systems Scania K310UB Gemilang Eco City Bus parked behind the fence at Scania truck and bus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Fleet Lists wrote:End of an era for Forest Coach Lines
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... =anonymous subscriber only
Jim O’Rourke, Manly Daily
September 28, 2018 3:21pm
Subscriber only

In 1992, Forest became the first private operator in 40 years to operate bus services into Sydney’s CBD.
I don't think that's right. I can think of Longueville, Northwood and Tamarama running to the city more recently for a start, off the top of my head.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Very true.
Living in the Shire.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Probably meant to read ...first new private operator in 40 years..., the Longueville and Northwood services having commenced circa 1950 after the Lane Cove River ferry service was withdrawn,
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

And Tamarama was even older than that?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

According to the news, the Scone/Muswellbrook to Tamworth is looking it is to be discontinued. Lack of use, or rather wasn't advertised enough.

Too sick at the moment, to find the other thread about it.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have given TfNSW feedback about the lack of information - even the timetable is useless as it gives no connection information. There is no mention of it closing on Transport Info but I would not be surprised if it did. Back in June even this supports that https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/ ... assengers/
Living in the Shire.
BanksfielderIdiot823

Sorry for the sudden topic jump people, but I just remembered South Granville's 2006 was spotted on the M90 towards Liverpool; I saw it out at Bankstown Square (or Central for the non-Bankstowners) at around 14:27 just yesterday afternoon (03/10). The first Volgren I've seen on the M90 ever since 1978 and 1992 got transferred to South Granville.

16/10 EDIT: Never mind the SG bit; 2006 did get transferred to Bankstown Airport. I've just posted in the fleet changes thread.
Last edited by BanksfielderIdiot823 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Campbelltown busboy

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:Sorry for the sudden topic jump people, but I just remembered South Granville's 2006 was spotted on the M90 towards Liverpool; I saw it out at Bankstown Square (or Central for the non-Bankstowners) at around 14:27 just yesterday afternoon (03/10). The first Volgren I've seen on the M90 ever since 1978 and 1992 got transferred to South Granville.
Why post about a posable Transdev transfer in this thread when there’s a Transdev transfers thread in the bus fleet changes section
http://busaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

M/o1951 of busways penrith just got pulled off the 774 due to a major leak coming from the roof of the rear sunroof
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

Spotted Hillsbus 6529 Bustech CDi on a T65 from Rouse Hill to Parramatta this morning. Looks like more routes are being slowly allocated double deckers now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”