Re: Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by LB608 »

already done read under Station Link Buses done on tuesday
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

LB608 wrote:already done read under Station Link Buses done on tuesday
In which case maybe add 'Observations' to the title?
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That thread now called "Station Link Observations"- All Station link observations should be posted in that thread,
Living in the Shire.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

Can we make it a sticky thread... the light rail one too for that matter?
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Went past Hunter Valley Buses Thornton Depot this afternoon and at the back of the Depot sits one of Singleton's Mercedes-Benz 0405NH's CC550 that caught fire at the rear of the bus on April 1st(?) this year (7788 MO). Looks like the fire damage to the outside of the rear of the bus has been repaired, still has 7788 fleet number written on it so I'm guessing if this bus goes back into service it will get it's 7788 MO plate back? I couldn't see if it had it's plates on it through as this was a drive past the back of the Depot on Thornton Rd (yes the road is actually called that)

The Dereg csepel CB60 bus that was dereg back in 2016 and an unkown Volvo B6LE (Custom Coaches) also remain at the back of the depot.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

A caution went out in Region 3 this afternoon since some damn kids were throwing rocks at the buses in Liverpool.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:A caution went out in Region 3 this afternoon since some damn kids were throwing rocks at the buses in Liverpool.
Where about in Liverpool did this happen if it happened in somewhere like Miller or other region 3 areas within the Liverpool LGA then that would explain why the caution only went out to drivers in region 3 if it happened in the centre of Liverpool then drivers in the 3 regions that go into the centre of Liverpool would of got the same caution about the rock throwing kids
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:A caution went out in Region 3 this afternoon since some damn kids were throwing rocks at the buses in Liverpool.
Where about in Liverpool did this happen if it happened in somewhere like Miller or other region 3 areas within the Liverpool LGA then that would explain why the caution only went out to drivers in region 3 if it happened in the centre of Liverpool then drivers in the 3 regions that go into the centre of Liverpool would of got the same caution about the rock throwing kids
Last I heard, it was around Memorial and Kennedy; on the 802/803 route.

In fact now that you mentioned the other regions, since Kennedy is just two blocks away from Flowerdale I'm pretty sure Region 2 would've had to be notified of this as well.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

CDC posted a pic of a decker and coach next to harbour bridge yesterday was it a bci decker i see?

https://www.facebook.com/CDCNSW/photos/ ... 84/?type=3
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

No that’s their Volgren B9TL decker operating with Charterplus.
MLVD

Post by MLVD »

An out of place MetroBus near Old Prospect Road after after Damien Ave.
IMG_20180910_145811.jpg
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

I see Busways drivers are striking for the third time of late tomorrow with services between 7am-8am and 4:30pm-5:30pm being cut. How long can they continue to take strike action before Constance has to complain about it?
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

J_Busworth wrote:I see Busways drivers are striking for the third time of late tomorrow with services between 7am-8am and 4:30pm-5:30pm being cut. How long can they continue to take strike action before Constance has to complain about it?
The issue has nothing to do with Andrew Constance this is more Busways v TWU over a pay deal then Busways&TWU v Andrew Constance&Transport For NSW over timetables and driver strain
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

But it still has to do with Constance. If Busways do not meet there KPI's as a result of this, Constance can take action.
Living in the Shire.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

It is legitimate industrial action allowed for in the EBA process. Numerous EBAs are up for renewal at the moment around the country. Several Melbourne operators have also had strikes or stop works over recent months as well.

Nothing to see here....move along please.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

It was reported last week that Busways' drivers had been turning off the Opal readers as part of their industrial action.

While this action would not directly affect the company's income, I wonder whether this would constitute some form of violation of the contract?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Delivering my 'verdict' on TSA's demo bus 14.5m Scania K320UB Volgren Optimus fleet no. 5050, I think it's a great bus. Plenty of seats. For a Scania, it has quite a baby-smooth, soft, engine sound thats nice, compared to the K310UB. Doesn't rattle nowhere near as much. I suspect to do with its length, it seemingly can only be found on select certain routes out of Leichhardt, making it a bit easier to spot, eg, 431, 433, 440. NextThere at the moment is incorrectly labelling it as Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana.

14.5 meter bus - I think this is a solid contender for replacing the 14.5 old Scania's that TSA inherited from STA. Really hope they look into this seriously, as the 14.5 bus serves quite a specific niche.

Image attached shows the advertisement at the back of the bus boasts about the Euro 6 motor equipped - apparently as far as im aware, the only bus of this engine at TSA. STA's only Euro 6 bus as far as i'm aware is its sole B8RLE CB80 2913 meanwhile. Was surprised to find out the B8RLE Volgren Optimus (TSA also inherited some at Burwood), is still Euro 5.
IMG_3254.jpg
IMG_3254.jpg (101.86 KiB) Viewed 4352 times
swtt

Post by swtt »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Delivering my 'verdict' on TSA's demo bus 14.5m Scania K320UB Volgren Optimus fleet no. 5050, I think it's a great bus. Plenty of seats. For a Scania, it has quite a baby-smooth, soft, engine sound thats nice, compared to the K310UB. Doesn't rattle nowhere near as much. I suspect to do with its length, it seemingly can only be found on select certain routes out of Leichhardt, making it a bit easier to spot, eg, 431, 433, 440. NextThere at the moment is incorrectly labelling it as Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana.

14.5 meter bus - I think this is a solid contender for replacing the 14.5 old Scania's that TSA inherited from STA. Really hope they look into this seriously, as the 14.5 bus serves quite a specific niche.

Image attached shows the advertisement at the back of the bus boasts about the Euro 6 motor equipped - apparently as far as im aware, the only bus of this engine at TSA. STA's only Euro 6 bus as far as i'm aware is its sole B8RLE CB80 2913 meanwhile. Was surprised to find out the B8RLE Volgren Optimus (TSA also inherited some at Burwood), is still Euro 5.
IMG_3254.jpg
Is there another picture of this 14.5 m bus anywhere else? (i.e. shows the entire bus?)
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

It's not 14.5 metres long. It's only of standard 12.5m length. Also, STA does not yet have any Euro 6 buses. The sole CB80 I believe is also Euro 5.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Apologies I misread or was thinking about another bus ^ but I maintain my point it seems like, as with other demo’s (think of Metrobus prototypes) it is quite likeable, and, edit, if they want a 14.5m version to replace the old Scania's, then I think its a more than worthy contender.
Last edited by Jurassic_Joke on Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Mr OC Benz wrote:It's not 14.5 metres long. It's only of standard 12.5m length. Also, STA does not yet have any Euro 6 buses. The sole CB80 I believe is also Euro 5.
This is TSA and not STA.
Living in the Shire.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

My comment was in response to the claim that STA only has one Euro 6 bus which is not true.
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

Finally got to take a Volvo B8RLE Optimus today. Noticed that there is a beep for both doors now, on open & close.
But the best part of this bus is that there are 4 steps spread out along the rear section which are much lower than normal.
I like the B7RLE engine better though.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Mr OC Benz wrote:My comment was in response to the claim that STA only has one Euro 6 bus which is not true.
Ok well my apologies, I got the info from Sydney Buses wiki http://sydneybuses.wikia.com/wiki/Volvo ... aches_CB80 , but of course as its not backed up by any other evidence id take the word of someone that knows for sure ^
The B8RLE version are the first in Sydney to have a Euro 6 rating, and the only bus is numbered 2913.
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

What will happen to the Hillsbus Deckers once the Metro begins operations? I am suspecting they will be transferred to other operators as they don't need that many to run other routes such as 611.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”