Ryde Intersection improvements.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Ryde Intersection improvements.

Post by boronia »

https://www.nsw.gov.au/improving-nsw/ha ... s-st-ryde/

Note that one of the suggested "improvements" is to remove a bus priority lane?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
mandonov

Re: Ryde Intersection improvements.

Post by mandonov »

Does that lane result in any OTR improvements for buses? It's quite short, and doesn't seem to actually avoid any particular pinch point.
OKO

Post by OKO »

mandonov wrote:Does that lane result in any OTR improvements for buses? It's quite short, and doesn't seem to actually avoid any particular pinch point.
The traffic there banks back quite considerably. The 533 in particular, and 458 in the PM peak benefit a hell of a lot by being able to skip past many cars. During special events at Homebush, the 1As also gain back a lot of time. I guess this is the reason to remove it...
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Another demonstration that 'bus priority' is another TfNSW misnomer.
swtt

Post by swtt »

...but only then struggle to get back into the queue after jumping the lane.

The entire underpass is a joke at the moment with the three lanes in either direction becoming two to allow for the stupid on ramps to take up one entire lane. Why it was marked as such is beyond me.
OKO

Post by OKO »

swtt wrote:...but only then struggle to get back into the queue after jumping the lane.

The entire underpass is a joke at the moment with the three lanes in either direction becoming two to allow for the stupid on ramps to take up one entire lane. Why it was marked as such is beyond me.
Actually, I have far less trouble rejoining there than anywhere along Victoria rd.

The number of cars southbound in the PM peak that use that on ramp is amazing. If they had to merge, the tailback would be quite significant. I would guess going back past Blaxland rd, which would reduced Victoria rd to effectively one lane westbound.
swtt

Post by swtt »

OKO wrote:
swtt wrote:...but only then struggle to get back into the queue after jumping the lane.

Actually, I have far less trouble rejoining there than anywhere along Victoria rd.

The number of cars southbound in the PM peak that use that on ramp is amazing. If they had to merge, the tailback would be quite significant. I would guess going back past Blaxland rd, which would reduced Victoria rd to effectively one lane westbound.
Probably time for a fourth lane between the onramp and at least halfway down the slope.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”