Nightride changes from March 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Re: Nightride changes from March 2018

Post by pgt »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Still doesn't change the bus should not be stopping there and I wish they'd remove the shelter if it helps remind drivers. If this has been happening for a while now, TfNSW who sets the route would've added it as a dedicated stop now in the timetable, but they haven't, so clearly, its not meant to be so. I mean, imagine if we had night trains instead, take T4 Illawarra eg, and this is a service that skips Tempe, would you go out the way to ask the driver/guard, "can we plz stop at Tempe thx", no you wouldn't, so the bus isn't an exception either.
The bus shelter outside the Great Northern does serve buses during the day, so can't exactly remove it purely for NightRide routes now.
(Side note - I see they have a route marker for N90 and N91 on that very corner, facing city-bound to remind drivers to turn left on Mowbray Road).

Though you mention the T4 Illawarra line, where Sylvania is one of the non-station NightRide stops for the N10 and N11, although it is a marked stop as such - probably because between Hurstville and Miranda there is nothing (the N10 serves Penshurst and Mortdale, but doubles back).
Still, I do wonder in a way how they choose such non-station stops like Sylvania that aren't near stations (not like some where the stop is on the nearest main road etc).
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
neilrex

Re: Nightride changes from March 2018

Post by neilrex »

I caught the N90 to Wynyard on Monday morning and there was an impressive 17 people boarding the bus. One got off at North Sydney.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”