Tonymercury

Re: NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Post by Tonymercury »

Who has an original copy of this?

http://transitmap.net/post/22656881546/sydney-1939
Glen

Post by Glen »

Tonymercury wrote:Who has an original copy of this?

http://transitmap.net/post/22656881546/sydney-1939
I think the 1960's public TT book had something similar in black and white.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Inner West trains are being transposed to skip Summer Hill, Lewisham, Petersham and Stanmore, but then they are stopping at Newtown and Macdonaldtown. Is there a crossover back to the locals between Stanmore and Newtown I don't know about?
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

andy_centralcoast wrote:Inner West trains are being transposed to skip Summer Hill, Lewisham, Petersham and Stanmore, but then they are stopping at Newtown and Macdonaldtown. Is there a crossover back to the locals between Stanmore and Newtown I don't know about?
Trackwork today has all trains running on the local betweenness strathfield and Redfern, so the normal running for this has inner west trains replaced by buses. They are stopping at Newtown because it’s Mardi Gras baby!
quaidy

Post by quaidy »

gilberations wrote:
andy_centralcoast wrote:Inner West trains are being transposed to skip Summer Hill, Lewisham, Petersham and Stanmore, but then they are stopping at Newtown and Macdonaldtown. Is there a crossover back to the locals between Stanmore and Newtown I don't know about?
Trackwork today has all trains running on the local betweenness strathfield and Redfern, so the normal running for this has inner west trains replaced by buses. They are stopping at Newtown because it’s Mardi Gras baby!
that wasn’t the original plan, there is some extra problem going on.
crimsontide

Post by crimsontide »

Power supply issues at Lewisham.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Advice received from TfNSW that there will be changes to Train timetables and/or stopping patterns from 12th March 2018, on T3, T5, T6 and CCN. Given the short notice I don't see how bus connections can be altered if affected. Also nothing on Sydney Trains or Transport Info yet, but should be out soon hopefully.
swtt

Post by swtt »

iamthouth wrote:Advice received from TfNSW that there will be changes to Train timetables and/or stopping patterns from 12th March 2018, on T3, T5, T6 and CCN. Given the short notice I don't see how bus connections can be altered if affected. Also nothing on Sydney Trains or Transport Info yet, but should be out soon hopefully.

My punt:
T3: Liverpool fast trains axed. Slowed down to all stops again, and Sydenham --> Lidcombe daytime 15 min service reduced back to 30 min during the daytime :(

T5: All later night services axed. T1 late night to Richmond restored.

T6: weekend back to every 60 min.

:( :( :(
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

iamthouth wrote:Advice received from TfNSW that there will be changes to Train timetables and/or stopping patterns from 12th March 2018, on T3, T5, T6 and CCN. Given the short notice I don't see how bus connections can be altered if affected. Also nothing on Sydney Trains or Transport Info yet, but should be out soon hopefully.
I hope that Eastwood will be restored as a CCN stop on weekends.
The current timetabling provides no time advantage by skipping Eastwood.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

stupid_girl wrote:
I hope that Eastwood will be restored as a CCN stop on weekends.

But it does add a seating advantage for those of whom the train is intended
Transtopic

Post by Transtopic »

gilberations wrote:
stupid_girl wrote: I hope that Eastwood will be restored as a CCN stop on weekends.

But it does add a seating advantage for those of whom the train is intended
So Epping gets 10tph on weekends to and from the CBD and Eastwood, a larger centre gets 4tph, without any express service. There's also more passengers destined for Eastwood to and from the Central Coast or Hornsby on weekends than Epping.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

Transtopic wrote: So Epping gets 10tph on weekends to and from the CBD and Eastwood, a larger centre gets 4tph, without any express service. There's also more passengers destined for Eastwood to and from the Central Coast or Hornsby on weekends than Epping.
the train wouldn’t stop at Epping except it’s a Junction station. It’s done so the train doesn’t fill up from Central and Strathfield with suburban passengers, the number 1 complaint on the CCN
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Mostly after 8pm with some service reductions on a few lines. Stopping patterns affected to be T2, T3 and Hornsby to Berowra.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As far as short notice is concerned, this has been around since mid January so bus operators could have been given notice, but I dont expect the changes to be of a nature which will require major if any changes to bus operations.
Living in the Shire.
andy_centralcoast

Aurora wrote:
Mostly after 8pm with some service reductions on a few lines. Stopping patterns affected to be T2, T3 and Hornsby to Berowra.
Assuming the CCN changes will be stopping all stations Hornsby to Berowra in lieu of T1 changed to terminate at Hornsby? This will mean Hornsby to Berowra will only get 1 tph after 9pm instead of 2 tph.

I also heard rumours of increasing dwell times at Central for crew changes.
Last edited by andy_centralcoast on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

What's with the scaffolding under the road blocking the intercity line heading towards strathfield? next to Petersham station? Doesn't look short term?

Edit. There's another just before Ashford.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Whatever it is, will probably be gone by tomorrow.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

andy_centralcoast wrote:I also heard rumours of increasing dwell times at Central for crew changes.
Train dwell time remains same, but it would be smart for crew to have more time between trains at Central as this was reduced with the new timetable.
andy_centralcoast wrote:Assuming the CCN changes will be stopping all stations Hornsby to Berowra in lieu of T1 changed to terminate at Hornsby? This will mean Hornsby to Berowra will only get 1 tph after 9pm instead of 2 tph.
Good guess, yes. 1tph after 11.10pm from Hornsby. Plus early morning from Berowra before 5.45am.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

The new timetable from 12th of March

Late night & early morning T1 North Shore Line services to/from Berowra will be cut.

Last train Central to Berowra will be 22:09 (instead of 00:40)
First train Berowra to Central will be 05:57 (instead of 04:12)
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

The Libs fell on their sword and unfortunately have played into Labors narrative that their timetable simply didnt work and they can't deliver it. Although I guess they get credit for trying.

Bit farcical of them to cut out that last train, 0:44 (approx) Town Hall. T1 -> Berowra, and then use that as justification for pushing back the start time of N90 from 12:30 to 1:30. Or unless you meant they're now terminating at Hornsby?

Any sources?

Otherwise, in the other debate - Eastwood does not deserve to be a stop on the CCN, period. Neither does Burwood. Cut it out altogether. This will force everyone taking up seats that long distance commuters could have, to instead use the suburban services that were intended for them.
andy_centralcoast

Yeah Aurora confirmed my assumption was correct: "CCN stopping all stations Hornsby to Berowra in lieu of T1 changed to terminate at Hornsby"

So those late night North Shore trains will still run but terminate at Hornsby instead of Berowra.

The Eastwood thing is a bit confusing removing the stop but increasing the journey time. Weekend CCN trains arrive around 3-4 mins early at Epping and Hornsby now, and the 4 car trains are still full. Similar thing happened with some BMT trains, less stops but longer journey times.

If they want to remove stops to make more seats available for people going past Hornsby then the CCN via North Shore in the afternoon should have some stops removed. Those trains are almost too full to board at North Sydney but have spare seats by Gordon. Last time I raised this the response was there would be no time saving to remove the suburban stops.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The 12th March timetables are now up on Transport Info except for Eastern Suburbs/Illawarra, Olympic Park, Blue Mountains, South Coast and Southern Highlands. New ones are expected for the first two as the current ones finish on 11/3.
Living in the Shire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Fleet Lists wrote:The 12th March timetables are now up on Transport Info except for Eastern Suburbs/Illawarra, Olympic Park, Blue Mountains, South Coast and Southern Highlands. New ones are expected for the first two as the current ones finish on 11/3.
T6 weekend services shaved down to a 45 min frequency from 30 min. Saves one train altogether.

T5 weekend services shortened to Liverpool <--> Quakers Hill, which probably saves two or three trains and quite a few crew.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Hope they keep the M sets on T5 Cumberland! It still feels fresh
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

swtt wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote:The 12th March timetables are now up on Transport Info except for Eastern Suburbs/Illawarra, Olympic Park, Blue Mountains, South Coast and Southern Highlands. New ones are expected for the first two as the current ones finish on 11/3.
T6 weekend services shaved down to a 45 min frequency from 30 min. Saves one train altogether.

T5 weekend services shortened to Liverpool <--> Quakers Hill, which probably saves two or three trains and quite a few crew.
So does that mean FOUR trains now Campbelltown to Richmond?; the locals will love that. And a frequency reduction on the Leppington branch?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”