Crookwell Bus Service

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Crookwell Bus Service

Post by Fleet Lists »

I received an email today advising that Crookwell Bus Service closed their doors in November this year. Does anyone know if their route 818 to Goulburn is still operating and is so who the new operator is?
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Re: Crookwell Bus Service

Post by Daniel »

Punchbowl have expanded into PBC Crookwell.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

PBC Crookwell are currently accepting submissions for proposed changes to route 818 (Goulburn to Crookwell).
http://www.pbcgoulburn.com.au/news.html

Have your say - Proposed changes to Bus 818 (Goulburn to Crookwell)

PBC Crookwell proposes to introduce an enhanced timetable providing better connections with train services through the following proposed changes to the existing timetable.

Current 7.32am service from Crookwell (School Days) is proposed to depart at 7.24am arriving at Goulburn Station at 8.07am with connection to Sydney train departing at 8.12am.
9.15am service from Goulburn is proposed to depart at 9.55am with connection from Sydney train arriving at 9.44am.
1.28pm service from Goulburn is proposed to depart at 1.35pm with connection from Canberra train arriving at 1.28pm.
All services are proposed to operate via Auburn St to Goulburn Station providing better access to town centre as well as existing PBC Goulburn services.
All services are proposed to operate via Crookwell Hospital providing direct access between hospitals in both Goulburn and Crookwell.

If you wish to provide feedback please contact:
Phone: (02) 4821 2320
Email: info@pbcgoulburn.com.au
before Friday 13th September 2019
I think that the extension to the station is worthwhile, although I think they really should allow for more than a 5 minute connection with the train, especially as there is a gap of more than 5 hours until the train to Sydney for anybody who missed it (and that Xplorer at 1:28pm is usually booked out anyway).

The route would be far more useful for Crookwell locals travelling to Sydney if there were trips timed to connect with the most popular intercity services, being the 7:34am ex-Goulburn and the 4:00pm ex-Central. Unfortunately I can't see the state government lashing out on funding any such service.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The new timetable was introduced on 16 December http://www.pbcgoulburn.com.au/news.html
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”