Private Observations - December 2017

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Cowra
Favourite Vehicle: Old ones.

Private Observations - December 2017

Post by Cowra »

Busways will be handing Mercedes-Benz O405 #251 over to the Sydney Bus Museum at an event on Sunday at Penrith depot. A significant private operator and vehicle now represented in preservation.
Ringer of bus bells and tram gongs.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Re: Private Observations - December 2017

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 850 on the 776 with spray paint all over the windows seems odd for it to be still in service
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Spotted what may be an EX National Bus Mercedes-Benz LO812? bus in the Gilbert and Roach Newcastle yard (Hexham) The bus is in the old light blue livery colour that Nationalbus / Ventura Melbourne use to use so that's why I'm lead to believe it's an EX National bus.

PLATES - UNKNOWN
Notes? Has advertisements on the side of the bus

it's been there for a few weeks, I only see it as I go past G&R on the highway and I don't think there's a silm chance of me being able to go in there and get photos so going off the faint notes inside of my head from it. Would anyone know about any LO812's in Newcastle for repairs or anything?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
molybtek

Post by molybtek »

I've noticed recently that most of the buses including T80 don't use the bus lane to turn right from Centenary Road into Old Prospect Road, South Wentworthville, but instead uses the general right turn lane to turn.

As far as I can tell, there seems to be priority at the traffic light for the bus lane (every time a bus approaches, the lights will turn red for general traffic and white B for the bus). So why aren't all the buses making use of it?

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”