Newcastle Transport

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Newcastle Transport

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Newcastle Transport had a Volvo B10B "CC 238" on a service route to Market Town shops this morning at 9:56 AM, m/o 5682 to be exact. Been a while since they've had their only remaining low floor (there's two other B10B's but that's it for High floors) operate a service route. Appears to still be using the old roller blind destos but m/o 5682's was BLANK.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

a MAN 11.220 Midi m/o 3668 was observed operating the temporary "EAST END" shuttle near Bolt St Newcastle this morning, makes a nice change from the BCI Proma LF that would otherwise operate something like this.

Also anyone heard yet when the new B8RLE VST's are arriving? surely they can't be that far off.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Yerolo

Post by Yerolo »

Bigfeller1408 wrote:Does anyone know when Newcastle's next 5 trams are arriving?
Thanks
The remaining 5 trams are expected to arrive within the fortnight. Although they are being offloaded at Port Kembla for the 250Km journey to Newcastle rather than via Newcastle as the 1st tram was.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5754 ... bla/?cs=12
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Bigfeller1408 wrote:Does anyone know when Newcastle's next 5 trams are arriving?
Thanks
Next two in the next fortnight via Port Kembla.
Final three still under construction.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5754 ... rt-kembla/

Assuming final deliveries on Jan6/15 based on Hoegh schedules
https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/sailing ... Port=ESSDR
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

According to the Real Time trip applications (I.E Anytrip etc) there was a "Scania L113CRB Ansair Orana" operating the 110 Loop service this morning, wasn't at Newcastle at the time to see if it was actually an L113CRB that's been transferred from who knows where (There's 1 L113CRL Orana but no L113CRB in NT's fleet) but again I'm putting it down to data error until I can see it again in person but if it's real colour me shocked as it'll be the first time (I think) an Ansair Orana has ever operated the 110 route (I don't count the times other private operators operated the 110 route at the start of the year)

Apparently recently a Volvo B12BLE EVO II mounted a light-rail track kerb last week and they had to pull the front panel of the bus off between the front lights according to what I can see from the paper photo but an accident like this wouldn't cause STA to send another one of their withdrawn buses down wouldn't it?

Admin - photo deleted - see http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 9#p1035959

Damage doesn't look that bad but I can't judge a lot from that photo.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

The white panel is hinged for access and appears to be intact. The blue panel in the bumper has been removed for access to the towing hook. KD should have enough spare buses to cover this
Last edited by boronia on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
gld59

Post by gld59 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:According to the Real Time trip applications (I.E Anytrip etc) there was a "Scania L113CRB Ansair Orana" operating the 110 Loop service this morning
Even if that's right, it certainly wouldn't be an ex-STA CRB - KD have no fuelling facilities for it! :lol:
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

gld59 wrote:
ScaniaGrenda wrote:According to the Real Time trip applications (I.E Anytrip etc) there was a "Scania L113CRB Ansair Orana" operating the 110 Loop service this morning
Even if that's right, it certainly wouldn't be an ex-STA CRB - KD have no fuelling facilities for it! :lol:
Most likely recycled tracking equipment from a withdrawn L113 which has now gone into a newly delivered and in service B8.
gld59

Post by gld59 »

Cross-operator? So is that done in a central location (or is it just centralised inventory)?
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Centralised TfNSW equipment which can sometimes result in disconnect between programming and it being picked up through apps etc.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

gld59 wrote:Most likely recycled tracking equipment from a withdrawn L113 which has now gone into a newly delivered and in service B8
Wouldn't be surprised, I put it down to data error usually (NT Volgrens still have CR228L's showing up as Optimuses despite not having any) but now that it's said, the recycling of equipment does seem pretty possible but my first thought when I saw this yesterday which I mentioned on my FB page, was that it was simple "Data error".

This morning it now says a Mercedes 400 STARLINER is doing the 110 and is wheelchair accessible, what's it going to display next? an 0405NH Citaro Mercedes-Benz?

Well at least we can write this problem off as recycled parts / data error
gld59

Post by gld59 »

That was Daniel, not me
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

So I see Keolis Downer now have some of their new B8 Bustechs in their possession - I wonder if they look any different from their ex-STA counterparts.

Is this the beginning of the end for the MAN Midis?
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:- I wonder if they look any different from their ex-STA counterparts.
I saw one today on a school run but wasn't able to photograph it in time, from the outside they don't look too different to the STA counterparts but I'm yet to ride on one so can't say how the inside looks.

On Trip Trackers they come up as a mix of buses at the moment as stated earlier in this thread in the last couple of days. I had a look on the tracker this afternoon and one was on the 110 Loop again and it said it was a Mercedes 10 CB80! okay then :?
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Is this the beginning of the end for the MAN Midis?
Sadly probably yes, word was that in early 2018 was that 4 MIDI's were suppose to be going, so far two have been withdrawn and haven't heard any updates on where the withdrawn ones were sold too or heading but hopefully not the scrapper. No word on what's happening with the rest of the Ansairs (The Volvo and two Benz as well as the only Scania) but my gut feeling says their going in the next couple of years as well. My hope is that the Bus Museum in Sydney gets it's hands on m/o 3406 or m/o 3405 as well as a MAN Midi but again I have a feeling those buses are never going to see the light of day in a museum.

I have to say tho, these MIDIs have lasted a lot longer in service down here in Newcastle than what other MAN MIDIs have with other operators, most operators held onto theirs for less than 5 years before withdrawing & selling them.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Virtually identical spec to the STA B7s. Expect the withdrawal of more MAN midis shortly.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

m/o 3670 MAN 12.220 HOCL Ansair Orana on Driver Training around 11:15 AM this morning near Bolt St Newcastle.
Newcastle Flyer

Why are buses starting/terminating at King/Bolton/Church Sts

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Why are Routes 11, 13 & 14 permanently starting from King & Bolton Sts, and terminating at Bolton near Church Sts for?

They were meant to return to the normal route after the super cars 500 "infrastructure" was removed.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The timetables have not changed back and the new ones starting on 20 December also still start at King & Bolton Sts. But what is happening in real life? Are they still starting at King & Bolton Sts or have they reverted to what they were doing before the car races?
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Fleet Lists wrote:The timetables have not changed back and the new ones starting on 20 December also still start at King & Bolton Sts. But what is happening in real life? Are they still starting at King & Bolton Sts or have they reverted to what they were doing before the car races?
I'm going off my memory here from what I saw on a bus stand sign yesterday so please forgive me for any incorrect information;

The 21 route bus is the only Newcastle Transport route that will continue using Bolton st at King St Bus stop. The remaining routes, i.e 11, 13, 14 etc will restart at King St Perkins St bus stand or at 51 King Street

I was at old Newcastle Station yesterday, I did not see any NT / KD buses terminating at the station bus layover area despite the road fully being opened back up and Supercars barricades, equipment etc gone. they still terminated at Bolton St. The only NT bus that continued along Wharf road was of course the 110 Shuttle where as previously that also terminated at Bolton Street when the supercars was happening.

I have no idea nor clue why despite the supercars equipment & barricades being long gone for almost a good month now, NT buses are still not continuing to Watt St and terminating at Watt St Opposite Customs House. The Bus stands & signs should be back in if I'm not mistaken but guess well have to wait for KD to play catch-up and reinstate the buses along Watt Street.

I can't remember how long it was last year after the supercars happened when NT buses returned to continuing service along Watt Street.
Newcastle Flyer

Fleet Lists wrote:But what is happening in real life?
At Fleet Lists, exactly as I described above.

At ScaniaGrenda, incorrect, see my previous post.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

New map from November 2018: https://tinyurl.com/KD-Map-2018-3

Their is now a poster appearing inside (& outside on some) buses saying "Catch light rail all the way to the beach." That is a Lie. Doesn't go near the beach at all. It's about 500 metres to the beach, and only 217 metres eastwards away from Newcastle Station.
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That map appears to confirm 11, 13 and 14 no longer going to Customs House. And the final stop for the Light rail is now going to be known as Newcastle Beach as reported some time ago.
Living in the Shire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:New map from November 2018: https://tinyurl.com/KD-Map-2018-3

Their is now a poster appearing inside (& outside on some) buses saying "Catch light rail all the way to the beach." That is a Lie. Doesn't go near the beach at all. It's about 500 metres to the beach, and only 217 metres eastwards away from Newcastle Station.
It does mystify me why the line terminates at that park and doesn't go right to the end of the street where the old tram terminus and depot were. Apart from the beach, there are some dense high-rise residential developments there.
Last edited by tonyp on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm just trying to now figure out where the Buses are going to park and layover when they terminate at the end of the run since there's now sweet all chance of them returning along Watt St. I would say Church St is not an ideal place for the buses to be parking at despite seeing them parked along there this year and last year when the Supercars was on.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

All the more interesting when comparing to Revitalising Newcastle's (official?) light rail route map: https://revitalisingnewcastle.nsw.gov.a ... Simple.png

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”