Private Observations - August 2017

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Private Observations - August 2017

Post by marcnut1996 »

Since August is almost ending and there is no August thread for private observations, I will just write it here.

I found the formerly STA 2215 in Castle Mountain Outdoor Adventure Camp at Wisemans Ferry.

It has a grey livery, no registration, inside is intact, and the side of the bus still says "Ric S Charter & Tour Services Pty Ltd", the last known owner according to the fleet list. The fleet list says the history of their remaining vehicles after their cessation in 2009 was unknown (including this bus), so hence I am reporting it here.

Rest of the pictures are in http://imgur.com/a/A2BQX
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Jurassic_Joke

Re: Private Observations - July 2017

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Hey how come N70 / N71 don't use the M4 anymore (as i just found out)? You're not telling me for real it's because of the new toll?

Shame - offered some nice views of North Strathfield, really hope it's not permanent. Official Opal travel app displays the route still on the M4; Triptastic and NextThere however show P'matta Road
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Transport Info still shows the M4.
Living in the Shire.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Morning marchnut1996.Good pick up on the disposal of former STA 2215.The previous owner was Richards Tour and Charter Service Pty.Ltd.(Richard .K.Jenkins).Riverstone.At one stage he had a neat fleet of 10 secondhand vehicles doing charters around western Sydney.
Cheers.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

The M4 has had lane closures due to night works so that is why nightride buses have been temporarily diverted via Parramatta rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
burrumbus

Re: Private Observations - August 2017

Post by burrumbus »

Very much so 2MSJ.
The info from the late and great Vic Hayes from the late Tony Eves was that Tony rocked up to Penrith registry to register a secondhand purchase.He was given m/o 1000.Tony couldn/t believe the plate he was given.He rocked up next day to reregister more of his fleet onto the next numbered plates.When Tony sold out to Richard Jenkins ,Richard inherited those plates.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

I should add that after Tony passed the business was sold to Richard.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

On Sunday 27th August, I was passing Fullers Road Chatswood West when I saw a few turquoise-looking Yutong buses bearing the name "ANZO" on the side. One of them was registered CJ68GU but this rego could not be found on the fleet lists. The accreditation was also not displayed on the driver's side of the bus, not sure if that is legal or not.
Sorry for the poor quality, it was taken from a moving 545 bus. Alsludeuldn't include the missing accreditation, my bad.

Searching up the web for "ANZO" gave a link to a reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/sydney/comment ... tologists/, which provided another link to another page http://busstopbrisbane.com.au/news/four ... ientology/. To quote from the latter website:
In August 2016, the Church of Scientology (ANZO) in New South Wales, took delivery of four brand new Yutong ZK6129HCA 57 passenger vehicles from Bus Stop Brisbane to coincide with the opening of the Church's new Australian facility - costing $57 million - in Chatswood, north of Sydney.
Explains why there are these ANZO buses in Chatswood now.
Last edited by marcnut1996 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

I think that if they are not being used for hire or reward, they do not require accreditation and are registered on normal car plates.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

sunnyyan wrote:I think that if they are not being used for hire or reward, they do not require accreditation and are registered on normal car plates.
Correct.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”