• Advertisement

NSW On Demand Buses

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion

Re: NSW On Demand Buses

Postby Fleet Lists » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 pm

https://www.busways.com.au/news-items/c ... -september
Cooee Busways Rural and Regional trial will end on Friday 20 September

Cooee Busways trial

The innovative trial of On Demand transport in NSW’s north coast region will end on Friday 20 September.

Cooee Busways Rural and Regional launched on January 16, 2019. The overarching objective of the On Demand program is to test and learn through the delivery of temporary pilots, with each one serving different communities in NSW.

Cooee Busways set out to trial transport solutions for the isolated areas of Aldavilla, Coramba, Crossmaglen, Thrumster and Upper Rollands Plains.

The service utilised existing school buses, between school drop-off and pick-up times, to provide a transport service where there are currently service gaps, testing this as a solution for regional areas.

On Demand Transport is expected to feature in future contracts all over the state with learnings from the pilots to inform Transport for NSW’s planning, procurement and delivery of future transport services, with a view of improving customer outcomes.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Fleet Lists » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:20 am

burrumbus wrote:Has anyone seen the Interline on demand Edmonson Park service in action??
I have heard some stories that the service is carrying quite reasonable numbers.
It ,on paper ,operates in an area with good potential.Especially with the emphasis on peak hour connections with the train into a compact geographical area.

I have not seen this before, but I may have missed it but the $2 transfer refund applies if transferring between an Interline route trip and an Interline on demand service.
https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/w ... ndson-park
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Passenger 57 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Any Opal service according to the page you linked rather than only Interline route services, or Opal bus and train trips according to the help page. The transfer credit is only available to those who jump through the necessary hoops to register and pay for trips with their Opal card. See the On demand credit help page for details.
Passenger 57

Postby Fleet Lists » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Mo it applies to Edmondson Park only - heading is "Edmondson Park On Demand service"
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:35 am

I could just post this in the Newcastle Transport thread but feel it's more relevant here

Looks like Newcastle Transports on Demand service is finally expanding to Newcastle CBD and Inner city Newcastle suburbs as part of an trial. I can't find much information on this yet as Newcastle Transports website isn't up to date and I could only find a recent article from the Herald but it's paywalled. When this trial will launch I don't know, I'm just as in the dark at the moment as anyone else. I suppose I could give it a try when it get's up and running and let yous know how it goes.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... s/?cs=7573
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby tonyp » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:53 am

The second part pertinent to this thread:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-06/ ... s/11576000
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
tonyp

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Sydney / NSW