2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
rogf24

Re: 2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Post by rogf24 »

Anyone know what will happen to Burwood during the peaks? I'm guessing the all stations Epping starters will continue to skip Burwood inbound during AM and outbound during PM but will the redirected Hornsby express trains that will end at Central stop at Burwood, like what the CCN and the two existing AM Northern Line Central express services?
swtt

Post by swtt »

rogf24 wrote:Anyone know what will happen to Burwood during the peaks? I'm guessing the all stations Epping starters will continue to skip Burwood inbound during AM and outbound during PM but will the redirected Hornsby express trains that will end at Central stop at Burwood, like what the CCN and the two existing AM Northern Line Central express services?
Correct.

Except there will be more trains ex Hornsby than the current two 4 car Epping starters.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Transtopic

Post by Transtopic »

swtt wrote:
rogf24 wrote:Anyone know what will happen to Burwood during the peaks? I'm guessing the all stations Epping starters will continue to skip Burwood inbound during AM and outbound during PM but will the redirected Hornsby express trains that will end at Central stop at Burwood, like what the CCN and the two existing AM Northern Line Central express services?
Correct.

Except there will be more trains ex Hornsby than the current two 4 car Epping starters.

It does seem odd though that the all stations Epping starters skip Burwood and the semi-express services from Hornsby, including CCN Intercity, will stop there instead. Surely it would be better to have a single operating pattern on both the Main and Suburban tracks from Strathfield to Central, although Redfern throws a spanner in the works with only some trains stopping there on the Main in the peak.

You obviously have some inside knowledge, but when will the new timetables be publically released?
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

The new timetable for T1 Northern Line from Hornsby and Epping to City will available at the closer date.
swtt

Post by swtt »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:The new timetable for T1 Northern Line from Hornsby and Epping to City will available at the closer date.
Poor customer service - the original ECRL timetable was made available months in advance. With such a huge change like this, it really needs to be available NOW.
grog

Post by grog »

Transtopic wrote:It does seem odd though that the all stations Epping starters skip Burwood and the semi-express services from Hornsby, including CCN Intercity, will stop there instead. Surely it would be better to have a single operating pattern on both the Main and Suburban tracks from Strathfield to Central, although Redfern throws a spanner in the works with only some trains stopping there on the Main in the peak.

You obviously have some inside knowledge, but when will the new timetables be publically released?
It does make perfect sense though, the suburbans run at 20tph and need to run a single stopping pattern, i.e. all stop at Burwood or none. They can have variation on the mains since it doesn’t run 20tph.
swtt

Post by swtt »

SMH article on the impending 30/9 timetable:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/syd ... 4zwzl.html

(nothing really new in there that can't be found from discussions on this board :))

Engineering

Re: NSW Railway Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Engineering »

SMH reporting that the ECRL closure due to metro conversion “may” take longer than expected - see https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/syd ... 4zwzl.html

On a related note, is there even a draft of the new post 30 Sept timetable available anywhere?
swtt

Re: NSW Railway Observations - July to December 2018

Post by swtt »

Engineering wrote:SMH reporting that the ECRL closure due to metro conversion “may” take longer than expected - see https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/syd ... 4zwzl.html

On a related note, is there even a draft of the new post 30 Sept timetable available anywhere?
I'm hoping it's today that they release the 30/9 changes.

iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Data uploads for 30/09 timetables are due 27/08, and would normally be seen the following day.
swtt

Post by swtt »

iamthouth wrote:Data uploads for 30/09 timetables are due 27/08, and would normally be seen the following day.
But the PR side of things, such as posters and marketing materials, should really be done well before hand.

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

iamthouth wrote:Data uploads for 30/09 timetables are due 27/08, and would normally be seen the following day.
Normally timetables are only displayed two week before implementation date which would make it 16/9 and since that is a Sunday it may be the next day.
Living in the Shire.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

T1 Northern Line will available from 27 of August for 30th Sept timetable change? For timetable online
swtt

Post by swtt »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:
T1 Northern Line will available from 27 of August for 30th Sept timetable change? For timetable online
There needs to be a major marketing blitz - and for changes as big as this I'm surprised it hasn't been any earlier.
swtt

Post by swtt »

This got released yesterday - should be good news overall.

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/news-a ... ney-moving

The "Rockdale-Kogarah experiment" of 2013 has paid off: increased overall number of passengers carried yet the actual overcrowding has dropped.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”