Re: 2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Post by Fleet Lists »

I cant find it
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I took 893 as referring to Busabout route 893 in the South West and not a State Transit University route which I have since found.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The Red Bus website expands considerably on what Transport Info shows for the Central Coast https://redbus.com.au/news/54-new-timet ... 6-november

New timetables from 26 November

From 26 November, more than 8,600 new weekly train, bus and ferry services will start across Sydney and surrounds. Some changes will be made to existing bus and ferry timetables to align with the new train timetable, making it easier for you to change between different modes of public transport.

Red Bus Services will introduce the following changes from this date:

Route 15 will extend to and from The Entrance via Toowoon Bay.
All trips on Route 21 will run via Yakalla St, Bateau Bay, instead of Shelly Beach Rd.
Route 26 will run via Reliance Dr, Tuggerah.
Route 27 will be replaced. Weekday services to Chittaway Point will be provided by Route 47. Weekend services will operate as Route 25.
Route 30 will run via Old Maitland Rd, Mardi, replacing Route 47 in this area.
Route 47 will run between Tuggerah and Ourimbah only, via Berkeley Vale and Fountaindale.
Mingara Recreation Club services will change. Routes 24, 45 and 48 will stop on Mingara Dr near Hansens Rd, instead of inside the Club grounds. Route 25 will run direct via Wyong Rd.
All other services will have timetable adjustments.
There are also changes to school bus services.

Download the new Bateau Bay Square timetable (Routes 19, 29, 45, 48)
Download the new Gosford City timetable (Routes 20, 40–44)
Download the new Gosford to The Entrance timetable (Routes 17–19, 21–23, 28)
Download the new Wyong to The Entrance timetable (Routes 15–16, 19, 24–26, 30, 47)
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The Busways website also indicates there will be chnages on the Central Coast and in Western Sydney but no additional information is present
New timetables from Sunday 26 November

From Sunday 26 November, we’re updating our timetables for Western Sydney and Central Coast bus services to align with the new Sydney Trains timetable.

These bus changes will provide better connections between train services and are part of the NSW Government’s plan to simplify the transport network and deliver more services for a growing Sydney.

Your timetable and trip may change. To see if these changes will affect you:

plan your new trip ahead of the changes
find a new bus timetable
view map of what’s changing
read overview on timetable changes
The links at the end link to Transport Info so that does not help much.
Living in the Shire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

swtt wrote:Booklet summarising changes on the Northern Beaches:

http://yoursay.b-line.transport.nsw.gov ... ents/66454

Includes an Express Stopping Pattern page.

Makes sense that Stand B will be for the B-Line
Stu

Post by Stu »

The updated Northrn Beaches booklet looks good - pity that the 176 is still in existence.

The 169 is also receiving a big boost with services operating from City to Manly until shortly after midnight as well as additional Thur & Fri night trips from Manly to Frenchs Forest.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Discussion time! Well hey I'm not sure if this belongs more in the B-Line thread or here, why not here,

Can we just please, as 26th of November approaches. Moment of silence for the L90, which is historic, well-known almost even iconic of the Northern Beaches, is about to become dumbed down into almost oblivion. Only running every 60 minutes between 8am-3pm on weekdays, and up till 10pm on weekends. You know, it really wouldn't surprise me, if in a years time, they use "low patronage" and "B Line + 199" to just kill off this route altogether. I can see it coming.

Now, don't get me wrong, as I made it very clear in another thread, I'm very excited for B Line and finally having double deckers that actually operate outside of peak hour, but L90 is nostalgic for me and many others.

And it's little-brother counterpart route 190 which is already getting the chop from 26 November. Bit sad, to be honest. It has enough (route) differences from L90 besides stopping everywhere to be considered its own route. I took my (probably) last ride on the 190 a few nights ago, its a nice piece of uniqueness really and one of the few Beaches buses that goes beyond Wynyard. 151 and 185 are similar enough alternatives, although the former takes a time-costly detour through Manly and Balgowlah.

Also finally I feel sorry for people living in Palm Beach for losing so many L90 services, when B line is not THAT close - and when L90 is conveniently not running, there’s the all stops 199. So it’s not really fun and games when people say oh 199 shares a good chunk of the L90 when forgetting that it also stops everywhere.

So, to sum up - enjoy express Bendy bus services while you can in good form for the last couple of weeks.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

I think the only reason that it's still around is for nostalgia. Notice that every Lxx route is now an Exx except for the L90.
simonl

Post by simonl »

mandonov wrote:I think the only reason that it's still around is for nostalgia. Notice that every Lxx route is now an Exx except for the L90.
I think removing the L85 from running limited stops off peak is a move in the wrong direction. I would have upgraded the 180 to L80 full time too. Is someone going to say that would be a downgrade?
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:
So, to sum up - enjoy express Bendy bus services while you can in good form for the last couple of weeks.
Seriously, how many people use public transport on the northern beaches? If there are less buses around, most would be celebrating the removal of road blocks to their BMWs, Mercs etc.
Liamena

Post by Liamena »

Strange that the diagram there lists 4 numbered exits from Wynyard but there are 5 on the map.
Liamena

Post by Liamena »

tonyp wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:
Seriously, how many people use public transport on the northern beaches? If there are less buses around, most would be celebrating the removal of road blocks to their BMWs, Mercs etc.
Well, there are hundreds of buses and they are full every day.

I caught one on Saturday, it was 2/3 full at 11 AM on Saturday and had a lot of its route still to run.
Liamena

Post by Liamena »

The last page on mandonov's brochure is an interesting one.

Is it possible to go by bus from Neutral Bay "Big Bear" to Spit Junction ?

Is there still a bear there , I don't recall seeing for a long time.
Liamena

Post by Liamena »

Fleet Lists wrote:The Red Bus website expands considerably on what Transport Info shows for the Central Coast https://redbus.com.au/news/54-new-timet ... 6-november
Some of the early morning services from The Entrance to Tuggerah Station take as little as 34 minutes. Later services which take a somewhat ridiculously circuitous scenic route take an hour.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Here's a link of Transit System for new timetables - Commencing Sunday 26 November 2017

http://www.transitsystems.com.au/sydney ... 6-nov-2017
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Liamena wrote:The last page on mandonov's brochure is an interesting one.

Most of the 24x routes would do this?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Liamena wrote:The last page on mandonov's brochure is an interesting one.

The trip finder gives plenty of options
Living in the Shire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Here's a link of Transit System for new timetables - Commencing Sunday 26 November 2017

http://www.transitsystems.com.au/sydney ... 6-nov-2017
Here’s some newly styled timetable brochures for route with new charcoal tabs. Can’t say that moving ‘Liverpool to Carnes Hill’ out of the tab next to 827 seems like a good idea. Image
ImageImage
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
ay7744
Favourite Vehicle: HSV GTSR W1

Post by ay7744 »

mandonov wrote:

Makes sense that Stand B will be for the B-Line
Wouldn't it make sense that 178 & 180 left from the same stand?
Custom Bus Group > Volgren
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Whether this is a good or bad thing nobody knows yet, but in that diagram, the B-Line bus does _not_ have a pick up only restriction for Neutral Bay Junction and Spit Junction outbound, unlike all the other services on that express stopping pattern page.
Simplicity dictates there be no such restrictions (I've seen quite a few people wanting to get off the L90 outbound at Neutral Bay Junction lately), but service capacity and on-time running usually says otherwise.

It also seemed too tricky to add in the stopping pattern for the E54, which is left to the route description instead - but it doesn't mention whether the pick up only restriction outbound at Neutral Bay and Spit Junction applies or not (the L78 it mostly replaces does have said restriction outbound).
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

For E54 check the timetable which shows the restrictions. No restrictions in the B1 timetable.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

ay7744 wrote:Wouldn't it make sense that 178 & 180 left from the same stand?
It would appear that the ideology is: services from stand B are numbers 18# and E8# (with the exception of 151 & L90) and stand C are numbers 17# oand E7#
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Looking at the new stop arrangements at Wynyard I guess inbound Hillsbus & Forest services Wynyard becomes set down only. Would be handy if they provided something similar for Bondi Jn interchange.
Transport: Buses
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech VST on Scania K280UB

Post by Transport: Buses »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Here's a link of Transit System for new timetables - Commencing Sunday 26 November 2017
What is even the point of this timetable redesign? Apart from making a previously well-designed layout now look god awful? :?
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Frosty wrote:Looking at the new stop arrangements at Wynyard I guess inbound Hillsbus & Forest services Wynyard becomes set down only.
I believe its already set down only .

Sadly it reeks too much of

"We dont want people catching another bus to Town Hall and paying nothing extra, they should instead catch a peak hour train one stop and pay a further $1.52 for the privilege"

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”