2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Re: 2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Post by Aurora »

Transtopic wrote:Is that now official?
That's the timetable as it stands ATM.
TSE_SecretAni wrote:Is the T9 Northern Line [...] will be red? Or still the same yellow line like T1 Northern Line from Epping to City via Strathfield
Obviously has to be different. Same colour would defeat the purpose. I would put some money on red.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
sydneysider

Post by sydneysider »

Are we likely to see changes to the timetables on other lines (T2, T3, T4, etc.) following the ECRL shutdown (whether minor or significant)?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
swtt

Post by swtt »

sydneysider wrote:Are we likely to see changes to the timetables on other lines (T2, T3, T4, etc.) following the ECRL shutdown (whether minor or significant)?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Behind the scenes, the Rosters, zig zag diagrams, Start Stable Rosters will obviously change. What would've been a Tangara could now be an A set etc.

But on the public facing side of things, very unlikely.

Strange though how with such major changes, we still don't have a public timetable. We know about the replacement bus routes but that is all Image

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
swtt

Post by swtt »

One wish list: weekend TT be the same TT as the weekday off peak.

e.g. T2 Parramatta operating instead of terminating them short at Homebush.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

swtt wrote:One wish list: weekend TT be the same TT as the weekday off peak.

That's not happening.
M 5885.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Aurora wrote:
swtt wrote:One wish list: weekend TT be the same TT as the weekday off peak.

That's not happening.
Yeah, long term wish list.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

What will happen on 30th September 2018 when T1 Northern Line will run to City via Strathfield from Hornsby? Will they proceed to Chatswood or North Sydney during off peak hour and weekend
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Try reading up the thread a bit.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:What will happen on 30th September 2018 when T1 Northern Line will run to City via Strathfield from Hornsby? Will they proceed to Chatswood or North Sydney during off peak hour and weekend
I don't have any insider information but I bet they need to at least reach Chatswood to maintain the frequency to/from the city to connect with future metro service.
Transtopic

Post by Transtopic »

stupid_girl wrote:
TSE_SecretAni wrote:What will happen on 30th September 2018 when T1 Northern Line will run to City via Strathfield from Hornsby? Will they proceed to Chatswood or North Sydney during off peak hour and weekend
I don't have any insider information but I bet they need to at least reach Chatswood to maintain the frequency to/from the city to connect with future metro service.
Trouble is, they won't be able to terminate at Chatswood and would have to run to at least Lindfield or Gordon. They may well run all the way to Hornsby/Berowra, or just North Sydney. In peak hours, the Hornsby via Strathfield trains will terminate at Central and continue through the CBD to the North Shore in the off-peak.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

As Chatswood will lose two tracks, trains would be better terminating/reversing at Lindfield or Gordon, matching existing ECRL times. There still needs to be capacity at Chatswood for arriving bus passengers and future metro passengers. Termination at North Sydney would not provide this need.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
stupid_girl

Post by stupid_girl »

Currently, trains from Western Line are now routed via Macquarie Park while trains from Northern Line via Strathfield routed via Gordon, I wonder if we will see trains from Western Line being truncated at Lindfield/Gordon while trains from Northern Line completing the whole Hornsby-Strathfield-City-Gordon-Hornsby Loop.

By the way, what will be the fate of Central Coast via Gordon services? I believe they will be gone at some point in the future.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

stupid_girl wrote: By the way, what will be the fate of Central Coast via Gordon services? I believe they will be gone at some point in the future.
There's been rumours of their demise for several years now, but I think they'll be around for a while yet. The flyers handed out at Central Coast stations for the Hornsby Junction trackwork in January mentioned the work would improve the reliability of the Central Coast via North Shore services (among other things).

They are very popular services and the government probably wouldn't want to upset the Central Coast voters just before an election.
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

stupid_girl wrote:Currently, trains from Western Line are now routed via Macquarie Park while trains from Northern Line via Strathfield routed via Gordon, I wonder if we will see trains from Western Line being truncated at Lindfield/Gordon while trains from Northern Line completing the whole Hornsby-Strathfield-City-Gordon-Hornsby Loop.

By the way, what will be the fate of Central Coast via Gordon services? I believe they will be gone at some point in the future.
I think in some ways, i could see central coast via gordon services existing in the off peak as well in the long run, rather than to be actually gone, to help assist the NWRL till they extend it to cbd
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

GazzaOak wrote:I think in some ways, i could see central coast via gordon services existing in the off peak as well in the long run, rather than to be actually gone, to help assist the NWRL till they extend it to cbd
I'm not sure how extending the trains that pass through Chatswood to the Central Coast does anything to impact the North West Rail Link?
swtt

Post by swtt »

BroadGauge wrote:
GazzaOak wrote:I think in some ways, i could see central coast via gordon services existing in the off peak as well in the long run, rather than to be actually gone, to help assist the NWRL till they extend it to cbd
I'm not sure how extending the trains that pass through Chatswood to the Central Coast does anything to impact the North West Rail Link?
More so to provide a higher frequency south of Chatswood.

It won't be happening either :(
Transtopic

Post by Transtopic »

Just to stir everyone up, I would suggest that in the longer term with the introduction of the NIF, that they run exclusively on the Northern Line via Strathfield to Central. I'd also propose that suburban services from Berowra should run semi-express in both peak and off-peak to the CBD via Strathfield after full quadruplication of the Northern Line is completed between Epping and Strathfield as part of the Northern Freight Corridor Program. That has been an operating pattern in the past (from Cowan). That would mean that North Shore services would terminate and originate from Hornsby, avoiding crossover conflicts between the North Shore and Northern Lines. CCN commuters bound for North Shore destinations would have to interchange at Hornsby. It would leave open the option for the North Shore Line to operate with a single all stations operating pattern to maximise its frequency, with intermediate termini at Gordon and Lindfield in the peak.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

One rumour going around is that both Lindfield and Gordon will have terminators.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Tonymercury wrote:One rumour going around is that both Lindfield and Gordon will have terminators.
That is not a rumour. It will happen as they will be the only points of return between North Sydney and Hornsby.
M 5885.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Aurora wrote:
Tonymercury wrote:One rumour going around is that both Lindfield and Gordon will have terminators.
That is not a rumour. It will happen as they will be the only points of return between North Sydney and Hornsby.
I'm surprised Chatswood won't retain the crossovers to terminate and turnaround trains?

Trains to the city starting empty at Chatswood would help with the much anticipated overcrowding at Chatswood following the NWRL opening.
swtt

Post by swtt »

andy_centralcoast wrote: I'm surprised Chatswood won't retain the crossovers to terminate and turnaround trains?

Trains to the city starting empty at Chatswood would help with the much anticipated overcrowding at Chatswood following the NWRL opening.
Metro Trains Sydney will be taking possession of the middle tracks shortly. No such connection in the future with distinctly different systems.

They will start empty either at Lindfield or Gordon, not dissimilar to how the 2005 TT worked (prior to ECRL opening).
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

You wouldn't want terminating trains blocking through tracks. Both Lindfield and Gordon have dedicated third tracks for terminators.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

Transtopic wrote:Just to stir everyone up, I would suggest that in the longer term with the introduction of the NIF, that they run exclusively on the Northern Line via Strathfield to Central. I'd also propose that suburban services from Berowra should run semi-express in both peak and off-peak to the CBD via Strathfield after full quadruplication of the Northern Line is completed between Epping and Strathfield as part of the Northern Freight Corridor Program. That has been an operating pattern in the past (from Cowan). That would mean that North Shore services would terminate and originate from Hornsby, avoiding crossover conflicts between the North Shore and Northern Lines. CCN commuters bound for North Shore destinations would have to interchange at Hornsby. It would leave open the option for the North Shore Line to operate with a single all stations operating pattern to maximise its frequency, with intermediate termini at Gordon and Lindfield in the peak.
Yep, i think that a good idea (once the full quadifcation of statty to epping (and in future stratty to hornsby)

I wonder if they will keep the intermediate services once the NWRL is extended to cbd/btown.
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

T1 Western Line is getting new stopping pattern and timetable for 30th Sept.
swtt

Post by swtt »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:T1 Western Line is getting new stopping pattern and timetable for 30th Sept.
But overall structure should be remaining the same.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”