Bermagui Trip in 1988. Questions.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Bermagui Trip in 1988. Questions.

Post by Swift »

I went for a trip to Bermagui on the south coast of NSW by Deluxe Coaches in one of their Domino/Austral Tourmasters from their depot on the corner of Pitt & Hay St in Haymarket across the road from Belmore Park.
I recall seeing their impressive looking Kassbohrer Setras parked there and wishing we could travel in that.
The coach captain was a really nice fellow and our was a memorable trip on his quiet and comfy Tourmaster.
I recall being stumped at the sight of Harris Park buses as we passed through the shire, so far from North Rocks and Epping.
I also, for some reason, noticed the amount of BP servos throughout the six hour trip!!

The return trip brings me to my main curiosity. Before getting on the Deluxe service for the trip back to Sydney, we briefly travelled on a local bus to get to the pick up point. Does anyone know who the bus company was? It was a SBCW / CC Euro early 80s body Bedford underfloor with 10 stud wheels, probably the same chassis as the well known Harris Park Bedfords.
The livery reminded me of Glenorie buses with a primarily cream colour scheme and pale green stripes but memory can play tricks. If someone could shed light on who this Bermagui/ Narooma based operator was, it would be appreciated.
Photos would be awesome. Thanks.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Glen

Re: Bermagui Trip in 1988. Questions.

Post by Glen »

Swift wrote:I recall being stumped at the sight of Harris Park buses as we passed through the shire, so far from North Rocks and Epping.
Sorry does not help your question, but Harris Park also owned Sutherland Bus Co who used to operate in the Sutherland - Gymea Bay - Miranda - Yowie Bay area before being bought by SouthTrans (now Transdev).
burrumbus

Re: Bermagui Trip in 1988. Questions.

Post by burrumbus »

Symons ,Bermagui certaintly operated a feeder service from Bermagui to connect with Pioneer Motor Service trips to Nowra during the 1980's using mini buses.
I am not aware of a feeder that connected to Deluxe ,but it's highly likely to be Symons,Bermagui or Narooma.Symons Narooma had ex Hawkesbury Valley Bedford/CC in Kirkpatrick's livery.Blue/cream.
Hope this helps Swift.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”