eBlog42

Re: STA Privatisation / Franchising

Postby burrumbus » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Correct company name and accreditation.
Transit Systems West Pty.Ltd.43054.
burrumbus

Postby Swift » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:42 pm

eBlog42 wrote:Not 100% good quality, one of the buses along parramatta Rd.

Nice scoop. I would say fading red paint is more at fault.
Hopefully it will get TNSW livery soon.
MAN SL200 & Mercedes 0 305:essentially the same bus.
Brisbane: SL200, Sydney 0305, Canberra both, Melbourne SL200, Hobart neither, Adelaide both, Perth 0305, Parramatta Ryde SL200 :P
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby Frosty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Swift wrote:uld say fading red paint is more at fault.
Hopefully it will get TNSW livery soon.

That should be said of P metrobus units having metrobus liveried buses without any metrobus routes. Though interestingly of the fleet changes P ending up with 12m Volvo B12BLEs though I bet by next week they will end up at some other depot.

I'll be intrigued to see with TSA changes the desto fonts to the ones in Region 3.
Frosty

Postby AccordV6L » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:39 pm

Are the R6 buses that are being handed over to TSA getting their fleet nos changed?
AccordV6L

Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10BLE/APG Orana: 3860

Postby boronia » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:54 pm

The ex WSB buses got renumbered, so most likely these will too.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2020
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

Postby Swift » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:07 pm

Let's hope the fleetlists can keep a record of all units.
We have been discussing drivers and salaried office staff, what about maintenance staff. I don't know about the other three depots, but Burwood have, or did have, a great thing going with their expertly maintained Volvo bus fleet.
Brisbane: SL200, Sydney 0305, Canberra both, Melbourne SL200, Hobart neither, Adelaide both, Perth 0305, Parramatta Ryde SL200 :P
Swift

Postby Linto63 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:24 pm

AccordV6L wrote:Are the R6 buses that are being handed over to TSA getting their fleet nos changed?
There wlll be some duplication of 11xx, 12xx and 15xx numbers between the R3 and R6 fleets, so likely to be some renumberings.
Linto63

Postby stupid_girl » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:53 pm

https://www.transitsystems.com.au/nsw-timetables-index
Region 6 bus routes are finally on TSA website.
stupid_girl

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:12 am

stupid_girl wrote:https://www.transitsystems.com.au/nsw-timetables-index

And how about that: the two notable entries on that list on the TSA website are none other than the 400 & 410! Went for the pdf and it's been indicated as a co-op between State Transit and Transit Systems.

This would be the first co-op'ed route since the 802 & 803 before 2013 between CDC and Hopkinsons, but this would also have to be the first time that I can ever remember that we have a route being co-operated by the government operator and a private operator.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
Formerly of Bankstown City until that council amalgamation...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Postby stupid_girl » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:44 am

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:

And how about that: the two notable entries on that list on the TSA website are none other than the 400 & 410! Went for the pdf and it's been indicated as a co-op between State Transit and Transit Systems.

This would be the first co-op'ed route since the 802 & 803 before 2013 between CDC and Hopkinsons, but this would also have to be the first time that I can ever remember that we have a route being co-operated by the government operator and a private operator.

When Harris Park Transport ceased to operate, Hillsbus co-operated with STA to take over.
stupid_girl

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:13 am

stupid_girl wrote:When Harris Park Transport ceased to operate, Hillsbus co-operated with STA to take over.

Oh yep, the 630, completely forgot. I really didn't get out of the Fairfield-Bankstown area that much then.

But then again, that was just January 2005 right down to September the same year, which period started from Hillsbus being unable to run the ex-HPT routes and STA coming in to save the day, and with that period ending with negotiations between CDC and STA.

As for this year, 400/410 now has this period starting with a co-op between Region 6 TSA and Region 9 STA which will go on, of what would probably be because of the 400 having quite some coverage across both regions.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
Formerly of Bankstown City until that council amalgamation...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Postby Stu » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:58 am

^ Staff shortage is the the main reason. Trying to compress the route 400 from 2 x regions (4 x depots) into 1 x region (1 or more depots) requires more drivers based on a sufficient workforce.
Stu

Postby Jurassic_Joke » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:48 am

Mmmm so the 530 made the list after all. As of late seeing all those Burwood B10 APG Oranas running on it as of late, expected nothing less. Will be the only TSA route up there in the North Shore, even if it is only for a tiny stretch at the end
Scania K280UB CB80 > Volvo B7RLE CB80

Millennium > Waratah
Jurassic_Joke

Favourite Vehicle: Solaris Urbino 18 (IV)

Postby Leyland B21 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:35 am

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:

This is one thing Transit Systems are brilliant at. On there initial operation in Perth, Swan Transit managed and still are responsible for the shared operation of the circle routes involving Path Transit and Transdev. Be interesting to see if Sydney Buses or Transit Systems are maninaging the shared routes there

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Leyland B21

Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Postby J_Busworth » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:59 am

I'm sure at least some of the drivers who wanted out of R6 could have been used in R9 for a 400 operation. Will be interesting to see how the co-operation goes.
https://transportnsw.wordpress.com
Eternally waiting for the Eastern Suburbs rail line to make it to Randwick
J_Busworth

Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRBL Ansair Orana

Postby tonyp » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 am

"Stamford Hotel" is an interesting description of a terminus, rather than a place name. When I looked it up, there are two Stamford Hotels in Sydney. Is it a famous watering hole? :?

The great day has arrived? I've been waiting decades to see the government-run bus services off the streets and reclaim the lost territory for operators who can do the job properly. A shame that Hunters Hill/North and Western didn't survive to see the day. It should have been operational contracting right from 1931 rather than destroying those businesses. It turned out to be the correct method in the end.
Last edited by tonyp on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
tonyp

Postby Fleet Lists » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:01 am

The timetables are not actually on the TSA website, only links to the Transport Info website.
And I can not get the links to work eg for route 305 https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... twork/305/25305 is the link on the TSA website but on Transport Info it is https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... twork/305/74305 the 25 was changed to 74 overnight as part of the conversion.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Linto63 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:32 am

tonyp wrote:I've been waiting decades to see the government bastards off the streets and reclaim the lost territory for operators who can do the job properly.
We are very bitter and twisted aren't we, :twisted: sad really. Most buses appear to have had their TSA rebranding completed, although a few out and about today with STA branding and accreditation.
Linto63

Postby tonyp » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Linto63 wrote:
tonyp wrote:I've been waiting decades to see the government bastards off the streets and reclaim the lost territory for operators who can do the job properly.
We are very bitter and twisted aren't we, :twisted: sad really. Most buses appear to have had their TSA rebranding completed, although a few out and about today with STA branding and accreditation.

Government operation led only to a decline in results and effectiveness. Nothing to do with bitterness, it's just long since been time (like over 50 years, certainly since the 1950s) for them to go in order for there to be at least some hope of improvement, at least at the customer interface. Admittedly the wet blanket of TfNSW now sits over it. Anyway feeling good today, it's a great day at long last after all these decades.

Although they may not have thought of operational contracting in the 1930s, this is actually not the first time it's been done in Sydney by a long shot. When Sydney Ferries Ltd gave up operating ferries in 1951 and sold its huge passenger fleet to the government for a nominal 1 Pound, the government didn't give the DGT the job of operating them but struck a contract with the Manly Ferry operator, Port Jackson and Manly Steamship Co Ltd, to maintain and operate the government-owned inner-harbour ferry fleet. PJMS set up an operating subsidiary for the purpose, Sydney Harbour Ferries Pty Ltd, and this continued until 1974 when PJMS itself withdrew from the ferry business and the government finally had to become an operator (and the service standards then declined, another story ...). Fares and timetables were set by the government throughout this period of contracting. All sound familiar? Nothing is new. A pity they didn't do it with the buses at the time.
Last edited by tonyp on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
tonyp

STA Privatisation / Franchising

Postby marcnut1996 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:17 pm

A search in Transport Info timetables still show M20 as a State Transit route instead of Transit Systems, even though the timetable creation is 29 June. Other Region 6 TSS timetables are already available showing TSS with the same creation date of 29 June.
https://transportnsw.info/documents/timetables/15-M20-PrePay-Only-Botany-to-Gore-Hill-20180506.pdf
Lives in Region 1, loves buses in Western Sydney.
marcnut1996

Favourite Vehicle: The Gemilang Buses in Region 6

STA Privatisation / Franchising

Postby David10 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:36 pm

tonyp wrote:The great day has arrived? I've been waiting decades to see the government bastards off the streets and reclaim the lost territory for operators who can do the job properly.
If anybody is in doubt as to why the ATDB is a shadow of its former self, they need look no further than this post. Little wonder the once regular contributors who actually did not what was going on (as opposed to those who think they do, but don't) have left in droves when the administrators see fit to do nothing about bus drivers being referred to as 'bastards'. On other boards, the poster would at the very least been given a holiday.

And lets be realistic, said poster clearly feels he is superior to the rest of us with his sermons from the mound. Goes to show you can have as may PhDs as you like, counts for nought if you cannot get the people onside. Little wonder his proposals are not treated overly seriously within TfNSW.
David10

Postby boeing » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:55 pm

^ I read it that tonyp was using the word "operator" to refer to the contract holder eg: State Transit, not the bus driver (or bus operator). As a STA driver, I hope I was right!
boeing

Favourite Vehicle: Airbus A380

Postby Swift » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm pretty sure it would have made little difference David10. Life changes and while I was baffled and abit disappointed to see familiar names stop appearing, new ones have come to fill the void pretty quickly and have been fantastic (and often hilarious) contributors.
EDIT yes boeing (707), I think David10 has assumed the worst here. I understood it to refer to the organisation as a whole.
Swift

Postby tonyp » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:17 pm

boeing wrote:^ I read it that tonyp was using the word "operator" to refer to the contract holder eg: State Transit, not the bus driver (or bus operator). As a STA driver, I hope I was right!

Absolutely! I hold drivers and other front-line staff in the highest regard - indeed many organisations don't deserve the quality of staff who represent them so well. I'm referring to government bus managements and administrations generally over all of the post-war decades, DGT through to STA.

I've edited the original post because I understand that the word "operators" now also refers to what used to be known in plain English as "bus drivers"! Apologies to anybody who misconstrued this.
tonyp

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Sydney / NSW