530 Chatswood to Burwood and other changes from 4th June.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Re: 530 Chatswood to Burwood and other changes from 4th June

Post by pgt »

Frosty wrote:If the 252 becomes a Y route would M pick up 530 runs in lieu. The growth buses would be those new Volvo B7s at Ryde or growth in bus services using existing buses since aren't they scrapping some of those O405NH gassies.
More than half the time I see a route 252 now it is operated by a Ryde bus anyway - that includes some weekend services and quite a few late evening services - so would not be surprised if it ended up being a Ryde operated route more so (considering it no longer seems to "swap" with route 254 given they have different termini at the city/North Sydney end [in the past, when both routes went to the QVB, I noticed that off peak an inbound route 252 would head outbound as 254, and vice versa]).

If nothing else, it means that Cope St terminus stop at Lane Cove (and the one stop at the other end of Cope St near Penrose St) now gets less services (my guess the 251 and a handful of 252 services will still start from there).
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Interesting - and does Ryde do any 254s at all? I haven't seen any.
Go Cats.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Ray wrote:Interesting - and does Ryde do any 254s at all? I haven't seen any.
Can't say I've seen any of those - Ryde tend to be operating some of the 252 and 291 services, but then again, there aren't that many 254 services now (the few I see in the mornings are Willoughby operated services).
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Y-depot operate the 13:55 service ex Ross Smith Pde & Burns Bay Rd - one of the rare extended journeys.
1 x additional journey for ANZAC Day: 06:18 from Lane Cove shops to City King St Wharf - extended journey for special events such as Mardi-Gras and ANZAC Day so far.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Many thanks Stu. Will be interesting to see whether they keep this trip...and whether M keep any of the 252. Time will tell :D
Go Cats.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

In my opinion, I would remove the Greenwich detour from route 265 to clean up the complex routing, and run a new '266' service from Chatswood - Victoria Ave via Pacific Hwy and Greenwich Road to Greenwich Wharf.
Like so:
https://goo.gl/2EXZXA
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Qantas94Heavy

Post by Qantas94Heavy »

Richard290 wrote:In my opinion, I would remove the Greenwich detour from route 265 to clean up the complex routing, and run a new '266' service from Chatswood - Victoria Ave via Pacific Hwy and Greenwich Road to Greenwich Wharf.
Like so:
https://goo.gl/2EXZXA
It's an interesting proposal, but I doubt there would be enough patronage to make it worth it. Route 265 in general is a 'coverage' route that carries few passengers -- I suspect there would be complaints about losing direct access to Lane Cove, St Leonards and North Sydney.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Route 530 will now be operating out of L depot instead of B depot. Every trip except four trips on Mon-Fri will be operated by L, the other four trips will be operated by M depot. Sat & Sun has both depots operating an even split of services. There are also four short working variations for this route.

Route 252 will become a Y depot route with M operating only a handful of trips during weekdays.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Stu wrote:Route 530 will now be operating out of L depot instead of B depot. Every trip except four trips on Mon-Fri will be operated by L, the other four trips will be operated by M depot. Sat & Sun has both depots operating an even split of services. There are also four short working variations for this route.

Route 252 will become a Y depot route with M operating only a handful of trips during weekdays.

FOUR short workings!

Let me guess:

Chatswood - Lane Cove West (old 536)
Chatswood - Lane Cove Interchange
Burwood - Drummoyne
Burwood - Five Dock

A very Drummoyne/Five Dock centric route if it were to be operated by L. Much like M41 is very Burwood centric -- almost all short workings end up at Burwood either way.

Is it still duplicating the 415 to Five Dock?
donotsmoke
Favourite Vehicle: 0405NH CNG

Post by donotsmoke »

Stu wrote:Route 252 will become a Y depot route with M operating only a handful of trips during weekdays.
Are there any relief points for the new 252?
Stu

Post by Stu »

swtt wrote:
Stu wrote:Route 530 will now be operating out of L depot instead of B depot. Every trip except four trips on Mon-Fri will be operated by L, the other four trips will be operated by M depot. Sat & Sun has both depots operating an even split of services. There are also four short working variations for this route.

FOUR short workings!

Let me guess:

Chatswood - Lane Cove West (old 536)
Chatswood - Lane Cove Interchange
Burwood - Drummoyne
Burwood - Five Dock

A very Drummoyne/Five Dock centric route if it were to be operated by L. Much like M41 is very Burwood centric -- almost all short workings end up at Burwood either way.

Is it still duplicating the 415 to Five Dock?
Actually 5 x short workings:
- Drummoyne to Chatswood (West side).
- Chatswood (West side) to Five Dock.
- Burwood (Railway Pde)to Drummoyne.
- Five Dock to Chatswood.
- Drummoyne to Burwood (Railway Pde).

Yes, still duplicating the 415 at least until the rumoured changes in September/October.
Stu

Post by Stu »

donotsmoke wrote:
Stu wrote:Route 252 will become a Y depot route with M operating only a handful of trips during weekdays.
Are there any relief points for the new 252?
No. The route 536 never had a relief point so the status quo remains.

Currently M depot have relief at St. Leonard's in both directions. From June, the handful that M will operate are only AM peak short workings to Nth Sydney.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Any Y trips on 254 on the new roster Stu?
Go Cats.
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ Yes. The same trip as the old timetable - 13:55 ex Ross Smith Pde and a short working from Nth Sydney to McMahons Pt.

There are short working trips in both directions between Nth Sydney & McMahons Pt are in lieu of the 265 which will no longer operate to McMahons Pt, there is only a handful of these short workings as they probably won't carry large crowds of people.
swtt

Post by swtt »

We might also get updates starting today from the official channel given it is now moving into a two week period of these purportedly starting.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
swtt

Post by swtt »

One question: where are all these new buses required to operate route 530 going to come from? Whilst there are a few growth buses, but the entire route will still need say, at least 5-10 additional vehicles during the peaks?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

About 50 new buses have been delivered in the past 12 months, so I'm sure a extra 5-10 buses can be rustled up from the 30 or so Scania L113s withdrawn in recent months.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Linto63 wrote:About 50 new buses have been delivered in the past 12 months, so I'm sure a extra 5-10 buses can be rustled up from the 30 or so Scania L113s withdrawn in recent months.
But how many of the 50 buses would've been bus-for-bus replacement? Only 30 of them?
swtt

Post by swtt »

Stu wrote:
Yes, still duplicating the 415 at least until the rumoured changes in September/October.
What are those rumours at the moment Stu?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

swtt wrote:
Linto63 wrote:About 50 new buses have been delivered in the past 12 months, so I'm sure a extra 5-10 buses can be rustled up from the 30 or so Scania L113s withdrawn in recent months.
But how many of the 50 buses would've been bus-for-bus replacement? Only 30 of them?
In the last month alone the fleet has grown from 2168 to 2175 so there have been more new buses than withdrawals. So the majority of the required increase would be covered by that.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

swtt wrote:
Stu wrote:
What are those rumours at the moment Stu?
Just those rumours about routes 415, 490 & 492 possibly being modified to avoid too much duplication with the route 530. that being just a rumour, I wouldn't be surprised if these routes were just left alone to rot in the heavy traffic of inner western Sydney. I would like to see the 415 re-routed via Canada Bay like the ex 409, the 415 extension was partly to cover the former route 409 between Five Dock & Burwood although it was re-routed directly along Parramatta Rd. Operating via Canada Bay would greatly assist on time running.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Stu wrote:
Just those rumours about routes 415, 490 & 492 possibly being modified to avoid too much duplication with the route 530. that being just a rumour, I wouldn't be surprised if these routes were just left alone to rot in the heavy traffic of inner western Sydney. I would like to see the 415 re-routed via Canada Bay like the ex 409, the 415 extension was partly to cover the former route 409 between Five Dock & Burwood although it was re-routed directly along Parramatta Rd. Operating via Canada Bay would greatly assist on time running.

Operating via Lyons Road West would also be good and provide a direct link to Burwood instead of Concord (currently Route 439 services Lyons Road West?). An idea to avoid Parramatta Road :P
swtt

Post by swtt »

Route 530 data now in transportnsw.info:
swtt

Post by swtt »

As is the altered Route 252:

Stu

Post by Stu »

Another way to ensure enough buses are available for growth is to have relief built into the scheduling as does the new oute 530, Five Dock in both directions, this keeps a number of buses on the road all day to avoid specialing to and from the depot.

The other way is to modify services as will be done to the 252 & 536 which allows for more streamlined scheduling. I wonder if this growth bus allotment for June will be used as an opportunity to axe the 459 and just have the 458 operate to Macquarie Uni all day and late evening? That would free up some buses.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”