New TransportNSW.info Website

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
mandonov

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Post by mandonov »

I think a better explanation is that the developers of the website are somewhat removed from the rest of the bureaucracy, hence the increased sense of giving a f***.
simonl

Post by simonl »

PDF maps are not available on transportnsw.info though.

They've also gotten rid of html timetables.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Put it another way the html timetables were replaced by the pdf ones.
Living in the Shire.
simonl

Post by simonl »

Not really. For quite a while both were provided. One may argue that it was redundant. I'm not completely convinced.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Not on Transport Info. There was only one format timetable there at any one time.
Of you talk about both Transport Info and Sydney Buses website, yes they were both produced at the same time with one on each website.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

All new timetables are supposed to be up two weeks in advance so that the period of the next two weeks is covered correctly.

When they introduced this latest version in March this year, they were very quick in uploading a second lot of Metropolitan bus timetables which covered the school holidays which caused a bit of confusion at the time, and as soon as the school holidays started, they uploaded the next lot of school term timetables with a finishing date of 30th June which covered two evils - the end of the school term and the end STA Newcastle Buses. However it has been noted that more recent timetables such as the STA Sydney timetables for 4th June which covered all routes and not just those which changed, do NOT have a finishing date.

We are are now well into the second last week of the school term and so far the school holiday timetables have not appeared.
Also the new operator Newcastle timetables from 1st July have not yet appeared and neither have the STA Sydney changes for next Monday 26th June for routes 462-466 and possible also route 513 which is mentioned in the Transport Info advice but not the STA advice. The new ferry timetables for next Monday have been up for at least a week.

Also when the new STA Sydney timetables for 4th June were uploaded, they came from a database which contained the extra Vivid trips which are still in the timetables as at today.

So the heading saying that the timetables are correct at the time of creation is not always right.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

We have integrated ticketing yet we do not have integrated communication across various agencies, this is especially important when providing up-to-date timetable information and this operation can become complex when dealing with additions trips for special events and multiple new timetables for various operators. One of the effects of outsourcing.

I'm hoping that TfNSW will fix the E86 timetable as it is incorrect.
- Previous timetable: E86-AM inbound ex McCarr's Creek at 06:42.
- Current timetable: E86-AM inbound ex McCarr's Creek at 06:37.
- when the new (now current) timetable was on display, a number of customers on the Northrrn Peninsula were upset about the change as it meant the ferry connection at Church Pt would not be made.
- STA displayed an announced in the news section (text only, no PDF flyer) about the E86 having a modification to allow for a ferry connection.
- day 2 of current timetable (Mon Feb 13) driver shift still says 06:37, I'm unsure if the driver was advised by a duty officer, manager or supervisor they the trip must commence at 06:41.
- day 3 of current timetable (Tue Feb 14) driver shift now says new time of 06:41.
- since day 2 and ongoing for current timetable, timetable still says 06:37.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The Transport for NSW timetable on Transport Info shows the correct time at 6.41 so how does TfNSW come into this problem? I thought the paper and PDF timetables of the STA website are purely the responsibility of the STA. At least that pdf on the STA website will be dead by 3rd July so it will then only be the paper timetable that is incorrect.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

I became carried away as I had submitted feedback to TfNSW about this.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Further to my post above, I have noticed that all bus timetables except the Newcastle Buses ones have been uploaded (mostly on 5th June) without any finishing date if that had not been done for other reasons previously.
This could indicate that they no longer plan to upload special school holiday timetables as they did for the previous school holidays but the the current timetables do not include differences for school holidays. Maybe they will upload those with differences with a common timetable but noting the differences as they used to do and still do for country bus timetables. But if they are going to do that, they will need to do that this week. It is possible that timetables uploaded without the expiry date already include he school holiday differences but two such which I know contain school differences such as Transdev routes 962 and 969 which were uploaded on 5th June do not contain the holiday differences on Transport Info. Does anyone know of routes from other operators which may have been uploaded with the school holiday differences included?

STA Sydney timetables still contain the Vivid trips.
Today's changes to routes 462, 463, 464 and 466 have not yet been included.

Newcastle timetables as from next Saturday when Newcastle Transport takes over, have not yet been uploaded.

Also some Hunter Valley Buses changes to routes 261 and 262 on 19th June have not yet been included.

And rail replacement timetables which are usually up at least one week and usually close to 2 weeks beforehand, have still not been put up for next weekend.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:I've just noted that the site (& whatever the equivalent was) now only shows times for up to two weeks in advance, instead of a month, as it use to be.
In the case of Newcastle Buses (STA) you are now down to today and tomorrow. Nothing as yet for Newcastle Transport after that.
Living in the Shire.
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

I remember it being mentioned somewhere, but the NSWTrainlink website is moving. Hopefully the Countrylink looking booking site is updated.

http://www.nswtrainlink.info/about_us/n ... af6e2e.jpg[/img]
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I had predicted it here a couple of weeks ago http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 9&start=24 when I noticed that nearly all the information had been duplicated in Transport Info.

Opal next?
Living in the Shire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

A couple weeks ago I was asked to take part in a survey on transportnsw.info. All of the questions were scenarios surrounding a regional train or coach journey, asking where in the website I would go looking for particular information like tickets, deals, booking restrictions etc.. It was more of a test than a survey actually.

That was clearly in preparation for the website moving.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I received an email from Transport for NSW today advising that they are in the process of improving access to Regional Trains and Coach Timetables in Transport Info which they hope to implement next month.
I dont know whether this needs to be implemented before they fully take over the NSW Trainlink website.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:All new timetables are supposed to be up two weeks in advance so that the period of the next two weeks is covered correctly.

When they introduced this latest version in March this year, they were very quick in uploading a second lot of Metropolitan bus timetables which covered the school holidays which caused a bit of confusion at the time, and as soon as the school holidays started, they uploaded the next lot of school term timetables with a finishing date of 30th June which covered two evils - the end of the school term and the end STA Newcastle Buses. However it has been noted that more recent timetables such as the STA Sydney timetables for 4th June which covered all routes and not just those which changed, do NOT have a finishing date.

We are are now well into the second last week of the school term and so far the school holiday timetables have not appeared.
Also the new operator Newcastle timetables from 1st July have not yet appeared and neither have the STA Sydney changes for next Monday 26th June for routes 462-466 and possible also route 513 which is mentioned in the Transport Info advice but not the STA advice. The new ferry timetables for next Monday have been up for at least a week.

Also when the new STA Sydney timetables for 4th June were uploaded, they came from a database which contained the extra Vivid trips which are still in the timetables as at today.

So the heading saying that the timetables are correct at the time of creation is not always right.
Right through the school holidays which are just finishing incorrect bus timetables were up on Transport Info. The timetables continued to show schoolday services with no differences for school holidays.
It was acknowleged by Transport for NSW today that they have a problem in this area and that they are working to resolve the issue.

The Vivid trips were removed last week but no new starting dates were shown on the corrected timetables.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:I received an email from Transport for NSW today advising that they are in the process of improving access to Regional Trains and Coach Timetables in Transport Info which they hope to implement next month.
I dont know whether this needs to be implemented before they fully take over the NSW Trainlink website.
This has now been implemented and very close to a submission I made to them some weeks ago. So it appears they are now ready to fully take over the NSW Trainlink website.

If only I could now get them to make a similar change for bus timetables which can still be very hard to find.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yes it has happened with NSW Trainlink now redirecting to https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/w ... ns-coaches
There is a news item about it on Transport Info https://transportnsw.info/news/2017/nsw ... ortnswinfo
Living in the Shire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Yet they still have the CountryLink era booking site...
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

The Route 225 is missing from both the transportnsw.info & tripview websites for Saturdays, even though it runs to early afternoon on Saturdays. Not only that, but the tripview map claims that it's already been altered to go up King St one way & Scott St the other. That's not meant unti sometime in September. The map shows the "diversion" of 225 on part of Watt St that I believe is closed.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Route 225 Saturday timetable is clearly shown in https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 170701.pdf
I am not in a position to comment on the map or route situation.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

I found out the reason why it didn't show the 225.

Fleet List, the Transport Info site shows the 225 as turning right from Union into King St. See the 225 Transport Info Map here.

Both the Transport Info & Tripview sites show this error. And yes the KD office said that is wrong, and that diversion hasn't started yet - Watt St in that area is closed for the Supercar "construction" at the moment.
-----------------------------
No diversion for all the buses in that area have no bus stops (re-)added yet.

Also was told by KD that the Route 201 is diverting via Bolton St, but their is no stop in Bolton St for Newcastle Station. Scott & Market Sts is the closest for the next month or so.

ADD: Just noted that that Transport Info map includes the "light rail".
The official site should not be showing then "light rail" yet.

RELATED: Wickham Bus Interchange proposal drop-in session was on today at the museum between 1200 & 1400. The same is being held at the Newcastle Town Hall on both Tuesday & Wednesday (1st & 2nd Aug) between 1730 & 1930. (PS: What a waste of time that was!)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:I found out the reason why it didn't show the 225.
What reason??? The timetable for route 225 is shown.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Fleet Lists wrote:What reason??? The timetable for route 225 is shown.
Because the maps (& detailed timetable - not PDF) shows the wrong stops, if you put in say XYZ bus stop to Hunter & Darby Sts for example, it doesn't now pick up the 225 as going via the Hunter & Darby St stop, even though it still does at the moment.

For example, in either Tripview or Transport Info site, choose say Westfield Kotara to Hunter & Darby Sts. What should be brought up are routes 224, 225, 320. But now if you choose the same two stops for either site, the 225 doesn't show up. For the 225 to show up, you need to choose Westfield Kotara to Wickham Interchange (ie: as in CURRENT bus layover).
Newcastle Flyer wrote:Fleet List, the Transport Info site shows the 225 as turning right from Union into King St. See the 225 Transport Info Map here.
I just checked, and if you choose a weekday, it shows it going via the normal 225 route.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

You started off by saying that
The Route 225 is missing from both the transportnsw.info & tripview websites for Saturdays,
My argument is that it is NOT missing from the transportnsw.info website and I gave you the link to it.

I have no argument with the rest of what you say as I do not know the facts.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”