New TransportNSW.info Website

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
gld59

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Post by gld59 »

Aurora wrote:He said he 'had' to do it. No he didn't. The safe option would have been to make his way to the second carriage to alight.
Sure, I wouldn't be too keen on hitting the ballast. I've sprained my ankle once in my life, and that's plenty. I also know which would come off worst in an impact between me and a stray train. Depending on the circumstances I might not be too keen on going to the next station, though, which is what the safe option probably means.

gld
Mark
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305

Post by Mark »

My opinion is that I'm not happy at all with the new website. On my mobile phone when I go to search for a bus timetable, no timetable appears & sends me back to the start telling me to enter a route number. And as for the mobile optimised site, all that appears is a blank screen. Never had such problems with the old website!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This morning I went from a link somewhere to www.131500.info and it went to the new website while www.131500.com.au still goes to 131500 All very confusing.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

The new transport site looks to "cartoonish.

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

The new transport site looks too "cartoonish."

Fleet Lists, both now go to that new site, even though it still says that it will soon replace the 131 500 info site.

(Edit about 5 mins later: The older 131500.info site came up this time)

Since it is transport for NSW, it should include ALL times and maps for all NSW public transport, with links to their websites, if any.

And this goes for all public transport information sites. Their is no reason to try to make them fancy. All they need is information, that should as far as possible be correct. The information for timetables should be at the top, similar to what the current 131500.info site is, not this cartoonish pictures, to try to make it look fancy.

Fleet Lists, Newcastle Buses list the extra Special Olympic Game (SOG) buses operating every 40 minutes (except for the SOG rest day today), and NB&F says go to the transport site for more information about the two extra routes SOG routes SO1 & SO2 (that's the letter O, not a zero). Now put SO1 or SO2, or 1 in, and nothing comes up.

Edit again: You still can't search for a single numbered route number. Not only that, but if you choose for example timetables under the Bus, you can only search for today, you can't search for any other day, or date. I did try to change the day and date in the Trip Planner, then choose the timetable for Buses underneath, but it still did not work.

So once again, a case of where an important transport site is not ready yet.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: The new transport site looks to "cartoonish.

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: [Not only that, but if you choose for example timetables under the Bus, you can only search for today, you can't search for any other day, or date. I did try to change the day and date in the Trip Planner, then choose the timetable for Buses underneath, but it still did not work.

So once again, a case of where an important transport site is not ready yet.
yes you can search for timetables under another date. But first you mus go to today's timetable for the route you require - then you can select another date. It has some bugs in it which I have reported to them.

Not only can you not look up timetables for routes with single digit route numbers, it also applies to some routes with two digits - an example is route 27 and there are a number of others mainly starting with 6.
Living in the Shire.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

Well they managed to confuse me. I could not find the time of the train to Canberra. Their definition of "intercity" and "regional" seems to be screwed up.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It has never been the intention to cover trains to Canberra as that is well outside the area it is intended to cover.
see http://www.transportnsw.info/sites/en/c ... ators.page
Living in the Shire.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

Well, it's there, and I found it, eventually. It's just not in the obvious place.
mubd

Post by mubd »

I think they need to change the wording of this to "A taxi is available for hire"

Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

Something I looked into several years ago, and is probably still a problem, is that it is quite difficult to find out where buses go in the countryside.

You can find out where the buses contracted to countrylink go, and you can find out that a bus runs to adelaide, and along the newell highway. If you look a bit harder, you can find there is a bus to bega, and even a direct bus from Newcastle to Dubbo ( or there was, a few years ago, anyway ).

This information really needs to be in one place, somewhere. That's what "Transport for NSW" should mean.
Gusbus
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 ZF

Post by Gusbus »

When they say Transport for NSW they really mean 'Transport for Metro and Outer Metropolitan NSW'... :twisted:
Good riddens to Westbus...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The answer to that is yes and No.

The main emphasis is definitely on the Sydney/Newcastle/Wollongong/Blue Mountains (as far as Bathurst)/Central Coast area with some details on the Southern Highlands and some areas up to Scone north of Newcastle.

And then if you can find it,there is a link to the rest of New South Wales http://www.countrytransport.131500.com.au/ which is a separate website with information which is either incomplete or totally out of date. I have raised that issue on a number of occasions and while they make some effort to fix it, it is just a matter of too little - too late.
Living in the Shire.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

Apparently TfNSW are "working with regional bus operators, to add their timetables to the new site" this will also include regional trains (ex countrylink)
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

How do you define regional bus operators in this context? Most of those which I would define as regional ie the areas outside Sydney but covered in my previous post. If you go beyond that they are country operators in my book.

'I feel sure they will try and cover ex Countrylink trains at some stage.
Living in the Shire.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

Regional buses will be in the "country transport" site currently , I believe everything outside of the Greater Sydney region will fall under "regional buses.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I sure do hope this will happen.
Living in the Shire.
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

It appears that the TransportNSW website has replaced the 131500 website as you type in "131500.com.au" or "131500.info"

I think Transport for NSW should seriously put up some posters informing passengers about the change, at least some features of the new website that people can be more informed that we now have a new website.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The old is still there. It still links to 131500 from the heading of the new website and then if you click on home it goes to the 131500 home page.

And they are NOT cached pages.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

But not anymore now
The heading now reads
transportnsw.info

Welcome to transportnsw.info, the new public transport information website.

This site replaces 131500.com.au. Read more on why we’ve changed. Get help on how to use this site. If anything doesn't work as you'd expect or you'd like to give us your feedback, please let us know.
With the links to 131500 removed and whatever I have just tried I am being redirected to the new site.

I had hoped that some of the timetable scrolling would have been improved before they went that far.

At least all single and double digit route number timetables can now be accessed.
Living in the Shire.
Mark
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305

Post by Mark »

Since the 131500 website has now disappeared, it's still annoying that the new Transport NSW still isn't working on my mobile phone properly. When I try to access a bus timetable which I often do, nothing comes up. Wish the people concerned would fix this problem! I've reported it & still nothing was done. :evil:
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have submitted a long list of timetable problems none of which have been fixed so far - not terribly good news. So it is not just mobile phones.
Living in the Shire.
simonl

Post by simonl »

Bus timetables screw up if you tab off the route code. Also requires a couple of pages to navigate where previously it was on the home page.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Note on the new website
We’re reviewing and continuing to work on improving the layout of the timetables for better viewing and use.
I certainly look forward to that.
Living in the Shire.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Very annoying when time tables are prepared in starting time order and then 'short workings' make the time table all over the place at these particular timing points (eg see Route 400 bus time table on the site).
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

One of a number of issues I have raised and will keep following up with them. They have been receptive to my comments on this.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”