Newcastle light rail, renewal & integrated transport

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Newcastle light rail, renewal & integrated transport

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:
They also have full pdf's for their bus services with thee same groupings as Newcastle buses had, but I have not been successful in loading any yet but I have to go out now.
I still can not load any bus timetables using Firefox which I normally use but I can with Edge. But I can not load any school timetables with either of them.
Living in the Shire.
busways266
Favourite Vehicle: My Benz - 2812

Union question for Ex Newcastle STA drivers ?

Post by busways266 »

Regarding the takeover of Newcastle buses by Keolis Downer - I wonder what union they will go under now , RBTU would never touch "Private" drivers , Only Govy Drivers , Now these guys are "Private" do they get tossed to the TWU ?
So many projects - So little time ...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Living in the Shire.
Rick R

Post by Rick R »

tonyp wrote:What strikes me most is the lack of information, not only for users, but the merely curious. TfNSW's new transport (ahem) "information" website has nothing specific about catching PT in Newcastle, apart from this map that appears to have been released today:

https://transportnsw.info/document/2094 ... rk_map.pdf
I would have thought a 'Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region network' map by Newcastle Transport would include the other operator's routes, or have Charlestown and Wallsend become the outer limits of Newcastle? I can understand Busways 99, 150, 151 & 152 not being shown on the maps due to their stopping restrictions.
mk2n75 wrote:The loan buses have returned to Sydney today.
3882 & 3883 returned to V on Friday night.
Enjoy.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

http://www.newcastletransport.info/late ... -transport
Meet the operator of Newcastle Transport

Newcastle Transport is the new integrated transport provider for the people of Newcastle.

Keolis Downer has been awarded the contract to run Newcastle Transport over the next ten years and will be responsible for running buses, ferries and, from 2019, light rail.

The community is invited to meet the operator of Newcastle Transport at information sessions in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie next week.

The Chief Executive Officer of Keolis Downer Hunter, Campbell Mason said he encourages the local community to come along and find out more about Newcastle Transport.

“These sessions will provide an overview of Newcastle Transport, the benefits of integrated transport, proposed service improvements, as well as an opportunity to meet the operator, Keolis Downer,” Mr Mason said.

Importantly, the community will also have the opportunity to ask questions and find out how to have their say about the future of transport in Newcastle.

“We have been working with the Newcastle community for some time, and we will continue to do so as we design a network that locals want,” Mr Mason said.

“Newcastle Transport will guarantee better and more frequent transport options and deliver a solution tailored to what locals want.

Keolis Downer Hunter will commence as the operator of Newcastle Transport from 1 July and will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the integrated transport system for Newcastle with a new network to be rolled out in January 2018.

Newcastle Museum
6 Workshop Way, Newcastle
Wednesday 7 June 2017
6pm – 7pm

Charlestown Bowling Club
5 Lincoln Street, Charlestown
Thursday 8 June 2017
6pm – 7pm

RSVP at contact@newcastletransport.info
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Rick R wrote: I would have thought a 'Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region network' map by Newcastle Transport would include the other operator's routes, or have Charlestown and Wallsend become the outer limits of Newcastle?
In Sydney, the region maps were operator based, and TfNSW declined to acknowledge other operators' services within that region.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Rick R

Post by Rick R »

The definition of 'Region' is obvious to most of us here, but to the punters calling something 'Newcastle Region' or 'Lake Macquarie Region' is something quite different. It would be the equivilent of having a 'Sydney Region' bus map and leaving regions 1 & 15 off.

What if CDC put out an equivilent map titled 'Hunter Valley region network' and only showed their own services?

Newcastle expanded outside the area served by the trams before their replacement by buses and the vast majority of Lake Macquarie's shoreline is outside of this map's area.
Enjoy.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have found the following six area timetables:-
222, 224, 225
226, 230, 231, 235
310, 313, 317, 318, 320, 322
334, 339, 363
349, 350, 352
The website says there are eight - there were eight previously with separate timetables for routes 317 and 322 in a separate timetable and route 363 in a timetable by itself. So not quite the same as before.
They may not have changed the count after the amalgamations.
Living in the Shire.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Do we know a fleet list at this time ?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is being worked on but it is believed that the 173 buses now listed in http://fleetlists.busaustralia.com/sta. ... =Newcastle are the ones taken over with the loan buses having been moved back to some Sydney depots and one of the ex North & Western buses withdrawn before the take over - see changes to Sydney Buses fleet list for changes made in the last couple of days
Living in the Shire.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

The web site says they took over 180 buses,,173 would be right,6 back to Sydney,plus 3561 withdrawn,so the 5 BCi's appear to be awaiting to be registered,also have any been painted into Newcastle Transport Colours ?
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Fleet Lists wrote: They also have full pdf's for their bus services with thee same groupings as Newcastle buses had, but I have not been successful in loading any yet but I have to go out now.
I've downloaded all the Newcastle Buses & Ferries PDF timetables, maps & guide a few days before the new operators, and have just downloaded the PDF time & maps for Sydney State Transit. Just got to do the some guides for Sydney State Transit now. Just in case they get deleted I've got them on a "cloud" website.

100, 104, 106, 107, 111
222, 224, 225
226, 230, 231, 235
334, 339, 363
349 - 352
STKN (Stockton Ferry) 118 NightOwl
And the NB&F, (now NT) map.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newcastle Flyer

• All the maps & timetables have all bus stops, & if they are one or both directions.
• The "proper" instead of those "cough UR cough" strip maps are back.
• The letters & names of the timing points & the route numbers that terminate are now too small.

And when did the 118 NightOwl have set down as required (if safe to do so) within the Stockton area?
That area is from the Fullerton & Meredith Sts bus stop to the 118 terminus at Flint St.
"Route 118 on request to the driver in the highlighted area, provided it is safe to do so."
You need a "microscope" just to read that! And the highlighted area on both the map & ferry timetable is very pale, you can just see it.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Some observations of the partially privatised steel city operator today. All buses on the road were displaying Keolis Downer Hunter accreditation. Most, but not all, had received a Newcastle Transport makeover with a white backgrounded sticker with black NT signwriting and coloured logo applied on the front apron and smaller versions on the sides where the waratah logos were. Looks fine on STA liveried buses, but a bit like an afterthought on the light blue front of TfNSW liveried buses. A black KD logo has been applied to the roofline.

Buses on xxxxST plates have retained these. No MANs, Mercs or Volvo B10Bs sighted on the road, but being a Sunday unlikely they were rostered even before the handover. The BCIs were laid up unregistered at Hamilton and still in stock white. Ferries have received NT signage on their funnels.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote: They also have full pdf's for their bus services with thee same groupings as Newcastle buses had, but I have not been successful in loading any yet but I have to go out now.
I've downloaded all the Newcastle Buses & Ferries PDF timetables, maps & guide a few days before the new operators, and have just downloaded the PDF time & maps for Sydney State Transit. Just got to do the some guides for Sydney State Transit now. Just in case they get deleted I've got them on a "cloud" website.

100, 104, 106, 107, 111
222, 224, 225
334, 339, 363
349 - 352
STKN (Stockton Ferry) 118 NightOwl
And the NB&F, (now NT) map.
All Newcastle and Sydney STA timetables for some time now, including the new Newcastle Transport ones have been archived and have links in http://www.busaustralia.com/TimetableLinks.xlsx
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

They've made a very slight error with the Route 100 Charlestown terminus on the map & the timetable map.

It terminates in Pearson St, not Frederick St as shown. Nothing major though.
Fleet Lists wrote:All Newcastle and Sydney STA timetables for some time now, including the new Newcastle Transport ones have been archived and have links in http://www.busaustralia.com/TimetableLinks.xlsx
I did that as I downloaded the full PDF timetables & maps, not just a spreedsheet showing operators.

The timetables for the following routes should've been in separate timetables, for example:-
100, 111
104, 106, 107,
317, 318, 322
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

boronia wrote:
Rick R wrote: I would have thought a 'Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region network' map by Newcastle Transport would include the other operator's routes, or have Charlestown and Wallsend become the outer limits of Newcastle?
In Sydney, the region maps were operator based, and TfNSW declined to acknowledge other operators' services within that region.
In general, that seems to be true. Although I have seen exceptions where multiple operator routes have been shown.

As a bus user, I should not be expected to know where these "regions" are, particularly when they are geographically non-obvious. I want to know how and where it is possible to go, and I don't have much interest in either the workers "demarcation disputes", nor the management or the owners "demarcation disputes" either, which are often more of an inconvenience than the workers' are, although you would never hear that from the media....
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:They've made a very slight error with the Route 100 Charlestown terminus on the map & the timetable map.

Every 100 I've been on since Charlestown Square expanded has gone down to Frederick Street.
Newcastle Flyer

The 100's are meant to terminate in Pearson St, where this 339 bus is: http://tinyurl.com/N100CTN
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Linto63 wrote:Some observations of the partially privatised steel city operator today. All buses on the road were displaying Keolis Downer Hunter accreditation. Most, but not all, had received a Newcastle Transport makeover with a white backgrounded sticker with black NT signwriting and coloured logo applied on the front apron and smaller versions on the sides where the waratah logos were. Looks fine on STA liveried buses, but a bit like an afterthought on the light blue front of TfNSW liveried buses. A black KD logo has been applied to the roofline.

Buses on xxxxST plates have retained these. No MANs, Mercs or Volvo B10Bs sighted on the road, but being a Sunday unlikely they were rostered even before the handover. The BCIs were laid up unregistered at Hamilton and still in stock white. Ferries have received NT signage on their funnels.
Thank you for that
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:They've made a very slight error with the Route 100 Charlestown terminus on the map & the timetable map.

Fleet Lists wrote:All Newcastle and Sydney STA timetables for some time now, including the new Newcastle Transport ones have been archived and have links in http://www.busaustralia.com/TimetableLinks.xlsx
I did that as I downloaded the full PDF timetables & maps, not just a spreedsheet showing operators.

The timetables for the following routes should've been in separate timetables, for example:-
100, 111
104, 106, 107,
317, 318, 322
Did you look at the second page of the excel sheet?
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Route 100.

Some services depart from Frederick St outside the Community Centre.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Sent some feedback to Newcastle Transport about some errors in their website and I got a phone call back from their help desk saying that they were not aware that they had a website and that they were referring all such enquiries to NSW Transport Info.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Regarding Hunter maps, etc see the council website http://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/Living/ ... -transport (still needs updating for the new operator), which has a guide http://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/Newcast ... e-2015.pdf
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I can now read the timetables on Newcastle Transport through Firefox. The timetables are sent as pop up windows which I normally suppress. Newcastle Transport is now treated as an exception to pop up suppression in Firefox on my computer.
I have never seen timetables sent as pop up windows before.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”