For the revenue thing, think the MoT will pay PI an amount based on number of commutors on board route 9 & route 55. Otherwise surely no one is going to run these services, and even to increase their frequency on Route 9 today to Every 5 Minutes
during PM Peak.
Drivers are required to press "F5" button (They name it UNI CEN) for every commutor on board Route 9 or Route 55, followed by a 'Beep' sound.
I want to talk about the fleet as well.
Route 9 is now serviced by 3 rigid buses on selected Peak Hours. Other than the Man 18.280 (MO6463?), there is another Leyland bus (which was broken and towed away at North Wollongong Station yesterday, making so much noise to us
), and one more Volvo B7R.
Today think the Leyland is replaced by the (Volvo B12BLE?) with Custom Body.
Think someone was asking for Route 9's timetable which they doesn't appear on 131500. Here is the link for the service, please note that NEW services are in RED colour & REVISED services are in BLUE colour
http://www.uow.edu.au/content/groups/pu ... 016737.pdf
Finally, if you have any complaints regarding Wollongong Route 9 (eg. you still can't get on a bus), please e-mail email@example.com
instead calling 131500.
For the new Route 55, they are operating with a COMPLETELY NEW
fleet of buses. From my incomplete observation, I think most buses are operated with Volgren Benz O500LEs (With Orange LED Destination Signs)
, others in the Rt. 55 fleet include 1x Custom Body (B12BLE?) and 1x BCI Body bus (What is its engine?), both Custom & BCI buses are in the Clockwise Loop today.
Finally, I'm giving out some useful information in case you want to SCOOP those buses this weekend:
Route 55 University of Wollongong to University of Wollongong
Operating Hours & Frequency:
0700 - 0900 10
0900 - 1500 20
1500 - 1800 10
1800 - 2100 20
0800 - 1800 30
Travelpasses/Tickets Required: None. Absolutely Free.
Route: Please refer the 131500 website. (Service extends to North Wollongong Station Loop weekends)
Best spotting point & time:
1. University of Wollongong Bus Terminus (3.15pm - 5.45pm WD)
- The time where most uni students finish their uni and most bus service at that time. Plus you are going to see how serious the overcrowding problem on our Route 9
2. Crown Gateway (2.00pm - 5.00pm WD)
- Most services departing Wollongong to everywhere.
3. North Wollongong Station - Porter Street/Hindmarsh Avenue (8.00am - 6.00pm WE)
- Both clockwise & anti-clockwise services operates here on weekends. You can stand around the turning circle and spot how the 12m O500LEs make their turns into North Wollongong Station. Also its light traffic would help you to spot buses sololy.
4. Cliff Road/Georges Place (WD & WE before 7.00pm)
- Buses & Beaches!!!
Enjoy scooping & spoting on Thu/Fri and this weekend! See you there!