Outdated/incorrect signage/information

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
rhyst

Re: Outdated/incorrect signage/information

Post by rhyst »

I reported some time back to 131500, some bus times missing on bus stop timetable for 370 various busstops in Alexandria and St peters. For example one of the bus stops had a two hour time frame on weekend where it had no 370 listed but theres is at minimum a service every 1/2 hr between two our time frame. The last time I checked a couple of the bus stops timetables they hadn't corrected the print outs
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Most of the J poles on the Pacific Highway between Gore Hill and Longueville Road still acknowledge the existence of a route 250, but not route 143. (If I had some time, I could go and take a photo but given it's been there over 2 years since I last noticed it, I don't think it's disappearing any time soon or being corrected?)

Thought I saw a similar anomaly on a directional sign at Crows Nest near Falcon St, but will have to check it out again.

--Phil.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Here's one from poster containing the recently introduced Route 602 @ North Sydney Station.

Spot the error.
Attachments
DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg (203.12 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

I'll take a guess

The mistake of Cherrybrook on the 622 route. Looks like it's written in pen
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

Is this thread for STA buses only?
VivalaBuses
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K310UB, Volvo B7RLE

Post by VivalaBuses »

boxythingy wrote:Is this thread for STA buses only?
I can see where this is going... Please don't post-whore with all those pictures like that other thread. :|
Time for a new signature!
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

VivalaBuses wrote:
boxythingy wrote:Is this thread for STA buses only?
I can see where this is going... Please don't post-whore with all those pictures like that other thread. :|
If others welcome CityRail and Sydney Ferries signs, none of the previous ones will be posted, as they can be viewed here http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 42&t=65130, only the ones sighted after as strictly "incorrect" or "outdated" will be posted. I see how the previous thread got locked as some posts may have been interpreted as being smart alecky rather than serious.
swtt

Re: Re: Outdated/incorrect signage/information

Post by swtt »

kypros1992 wrote:I'll take a guess

Nope.

Have a look at where 602 runs... :o
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

swtt wrote:
kypros1992 wrote:I'll take a guess

Nope.

Have a look at where 602 runs... :o

i saw it straight away, 602 doesn't vo anywhere near baulkham hills
swtt

Post by swtt »

gilberations wrote:
i saw it straight away, 602 doesn't vo anywhere near baulkham hills

Spot on. Well it does pass Baulkham Hills.... on the M2 but no stops! :p

Not to mention 653 goes to West Pennant Hills, via..... West Pennant Hills :p :p :p
745-Castle Hill
Favourite Vehicle: CDC CB30

Post by 745-Castle Hill »

And 612 going to Kellyville via Kellyville
swtt

Post by swtt »

Spot the (subtle) error on this one:
Attachments
DSC_0026 (3).jpg
DSC_0026 (3).jpg (181.6 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
pgt

Post by pgt »

swtt wrote:Spot the (subtle) error on this one:
And since when did the M30 go anywhere near Castlereagh St?
(Perhaps it meant M20?)

--Phil.
swtt

Post by swtt »

pgt wrote:
swtt wrote:Spot the (subtle) error on this one:
And since when did the M30 go anywhere near Castlereagh St?
(Perhaps it meant M20?)

--Phil.
Correct.

It actually is M50 that needs to be shown in lieu of M30 :p M50 doesn't stop there, whereas M40/20 do.

The question remains: why M20/40 and not M10/50? All of them turn right from Park -> Castlereagh, left -> Bathurst, right -> Elizabeth, but two routes stop and the other two don't????
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Not actually incorrect or outdated, but

At Penrith there is a "Network Information" panel, with a district map which shows all the bus services operating from the station. Only problem is that it is located on the overhead concourse between the two platforms. The majority of passengers who might need to access this information will not use the concourse to get from the down platform to the bus interchange. Would it not be better located outside the barriers where it can be seen by intending bus passengers?

There are about 16 stops in the interchange, but no information as to which buses use which stop.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
paulbrown3

Post by paulbrown3 »

Old Sign
Old Sign
DSC_0002 - Copy1.jpg (191.03 KiB) Viewed 1917 times

This is at The Grove Mosman/balmoral cnr of awaba st. I wonder if STA buses can use it. LOL (laugh out loud)

https://www.google.com.au/maps?q=40+The ... +2088&z=16
boronia

Post by boronia »

swtt wrote: The question remains: why M20/40 and not M10/50? All of them turn right from Park -> Castlereagh, left -> Bathurst, right -> Elizabeth, but two routes stop and the other two don't????
Someone in the STA considers that is dangerous for buses which continue along Elizabeth past Liverpool to stop at the Bathurst St stop, because they have to change lanes. This applies also to 391, 374-6, 308-9-10, etc. So only buses that turn left at Liverpool use this stop.

There might also be a problem in busy times that buses turning out of Bathurst may not be able to get into the kerbside lane because of queued buses picking up, but this would not apply to 391 and 374-6.

This "dangerous" situation ignores the fact that outside of PM peak, all buses have to change lanes because of parked cars.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Somewhat off topic but I can't think of anywhere better for it to go.

I must say I prefer Event Cinemas view of Sydney's public transport scene to the actual reality

http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Cinema/H ... Directions

"Bus stops are conveniently located right outside the Centre on Cross Street and Forest Road. Timetables are displayed at these bus stops. Westfield Hurstville is serviced by Punchbowl Bus Company, Harris Park Transport Company and Sydney Buses"

HPT Hinos, Volvos etc and nary a white Veolia bus in sight, my kind of bus scene.

I hope this doesn't tip Event Cinemas off and prompt them to update their website although I'm willing to bet it will still be there on 21/12/14.

Westfield North Rocks has an even more curious listing

http://www.westfield.com.au/northrocks/ ... -transport

Westfield North Rocks is serviced by Red Arrow, Westbus and Sydney Buses via the following routes:

Westbus Route 610, 612
These services travel from Castle Hill along Old Northern Road. Closest stop to the Centre is on the M2 at the Barclay Road Bus station (15 minutes walk to the centre).

Red Arrow Route 630
This service travels from Blacktown through Seven Hills, Baulkham Hills directly past the Centre get on or off on North Rocks Rd opposite the RIDBC.

Sydney Buses Route 546 and 549
These services run between Epping, North Rocks and Parramatta. Get on or off the bus on North Rocks Rd either opposite Fernwood Gym or the RIDBC.

One, Red Arrow was a branding, not an operator, two, the Red Arrow branding was defunct before the cancellation of HPT, yet this shows those services as being operated by STA and three, the listing was update post the STA renumbering those services from the 620 series to the 540 series.

This goes to show just how much the likes of Westfields hold bus travellers in contempt in my eye.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Has anyone contacted Westfield to tell them the info is wrong ?.

IT people who make the website might not be transport experts, and simply rely on others in the organization (probably also not transport experts) to give them the content. Obviously no-one in the company has responsibility for checking this data.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I personally am in no hurry to tell them, I'd rather wait and see how long it takes for them to figure out how inaccurate their info is. Truth be tol, I don't really think Westfields cares that much. Their target market arrives by car and they'd be well aware of this fact.
Bodysurfer

Post by Bodysurfer »

Albatross wrote:I personally am in no hurry to tell them, I'd rather wait and see how long it takes for them to figure out how inaccurate their info is. Truth be tol, I don't really think Westfields cares that much. Their target market arrives by car and they'd be well aware of this fact.
Somebody at Westfield would care. They are not concerned about how their customers get there, as long as they get there. More customers = happy retailers = less grief for Westfield.
victorwilson

Post by victorwilson »

I don't think Westfield North Rocks really cares about customers arriving on public transport; not many people do anyway. Probably around 90% of customers there arrive by car.

Down the road at Carlingford Court, they're suggesting that customers take the 626 or 627 (both apparently operated by STA). Problem is, neither the 626 nor the 627 ever went close to Carlingford. They also seem to have forgotten that Carlingford station existed.

http://www.carlingfordcourt.com.au/cont ... tting_here

Bus Services
Current bus lines, all operated by Sydney Buses include:
513 - West Ryde to Carlingford
624 - Parramatta to Epping via Pennant Hills Rd, Carlingford
625 - Parramatta to Pennant Hills via Pennant Hills Rd, Carlingford
626 - Pennant Hills to Castle Hill via Cherrybrook
627 - Parramatta to Cherrybrook via Pennant Hills Rd, Carlingford

628 - Epping to Carlingford
629 - Epping to North Rocks
630 - Blacktown to Macquarie Park (in conjunction with Westbus)
Limited services operate on weekends and public holidays. The bus services may vary from time to time. For more information call the transport infoline on 131 500 or click here to visit the transport infoline website.

Train Services
CityRail provides a train service to Epping Station. The above bus services can provide transfers to Carlingford Court. Alternatively, it is approximately a 45 minute walk from Epping Station to the Centre.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Some of this information seems so outdated that I personally would have thought it would have predated the wide scale adoption of the internet. In any case it's almost been 10 years since HPT quit, one would have thought their information would have been updated before now?

I guess the question is how many other shopping centres list old information in their websites

Westfield Miranda lists Caringbah Bus service and Crowthers Bus Link as public transport options, while referring to what I presume is Veolia as Connex. I have on an old Veolia bus seen reference to Connex Southtrans, so the fact that it was simply called Connex suggests to me that the information was always wrong, but I seek confirmation f the correct nomenclature of the early Veolia operations in NSW.

http://www.westfield.com.au/miranda/get ... -transport

These are all that I can find off the top of my head. I think the message is clear, if you come by bus we really don't want the responsibility of giving you information.
pgt

Post by pgt »

Albatross wrote:...while referring to what I presume is Veolia as Connex. I have on an old Veolia bus seen reference to Connex Southtrans, so the fact that it was simply called Connex suggests to me that the information was always wrong, but I seek confirmation f the correct nomenclature of the early Veolia operations in NSW.
I seem to recall that said operation carried the "Connex" name between dropping the "Southtrans" part of the name (the logo was blue, with the slogan 'Your local bus operator') and the Veolia rebranding.

One such example of the logo is here: http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... t=0&pos=21
(Now that I think of it, it might have coincided with the introduction of all-yellow fronted buses - which promptly disappeared with Veolia).

--Phil.
paulbrown3

Post by paulbrown3 »

victorwilson wrote:I don't think Westfield North Rocks really cares about customers arriving on public transport; not many people do anyway. Probably around 90% of customers there arrive by car.

Down the road at Carlingford Court, they're suggesting that customers take the 626 or 627 (both apparently operated by STA). Problem is, neither the 626 nor the 627 ever went close to Carlingford. They also seem to have forgotten that Carlingford station existed.

http://www.carlingfordcourt.com.au/cont ... tting_here

Bus Services
Current bus lines, all operated by Sydney Buses include:
513 - West Ryde to Carlingford
624 - Parramatta to Epping via Pennant Hills Rd, Carlingford
625 - Parramatta to Pennant Hills via Pennant Hills Rd, Carlingford
626 - Pennant Hills to Castle Hill via Cherrybrook
627 - Parramatta to Cherrybrook via Pennant Hills Rd, Carlingford

628 - Epping to Carlingford
629 - Epping to North Rocks
630 - Blacktown to Macquarie Park (in conjunction with Westbus)
Limited services operate on weekends and public holidays. The bus services may vary from time to time. For more information call the transport infoline on 131 500 or click here to visit the transport infoline website.

Train Services
CityRail provides a train service to Epping Station. The above bus services can provide transfers to Carlingford Court. Alternatively, it is approximately a 45 minute walk from Epping Station to the Centre.

This would have been when STA took over from harris park when they quit.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”