Outdated/incorrect signage/information

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Tonymercury

Re: Outdated/incorrect signage/information

Post by Tonymercury »

Bodysurfer wrote:
Somebody at Westfield would care. They are not concerned about how their customers get there, as long as they get there. More customers = happy retailers = less grief for Westfield.
Have a look at the wonders of the bus terminal at Eastgardens and tell me that afterwards!
Skindog the Hawk

Post by Skindog the Hawk »

pgt wrote:
Albatross wrote:...while referring to what I presume is Veolia as Connex. I have on an old Veolia bus seen reference to Connex Southtrans, so the fact that it was simply called Connex suggests to me that the information was always wrong, but I seek confirmation f the correct nomenclature of the early Veolia operations in NSW.
I seem to recall that said operation carried the "Connex" name between dropping the "Southtrans" part of the name (the logo was blue, with the slogan 'Your local bus operator') and the Veolia rebranding.

One such example of the logo is here: http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... t=0&pos=21
(Now that I think of it, it might have coincided with the introduction of all-yellow fronted buses - which promptly disappeared with Veolia).

--Phil.
IIRC it went from SouthTrans to Connex Southtrans, to Connex, and then to Veolia.

As for updating the information, a lot has to do with how public-transport-minded the person who maintains the website is. In my previous job I made sure that the public transport options (three bus routes) had their route numbers and main destinations listed on our website, as well as hyperlinks to their current timetables. There was also a Google map allowing car users to run a search on our venue also. Alas, I can't say whether my replacement would do that or not, but still, that's the way that it generally works.

For those who are querying whether to tell Westfield or not, I would recommend that you do it. Better still, provide them with the correct information/links/files. Unfortunately these things don't promote themselves.

SD.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Time to resurrect this thread...

Whilst it's terrific to see bus stops being renewed with updated route information posters, it'd pay off for the STA to check that everything on the posters are correct.

Spotted at Neutral Bay Jn (outbound) today was this: (screenshot from the phone whilst trying to scan in the QR code provided on the bus stop):
wp_ss_20130520_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20130520_0002.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 1891 times
Unfortunately, there is a typo in the QR code for the 0488 TXT BUS number :(
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

How long since the 310 terminated at Kingsford?
DSCN2903 (Small).JPG
DSCN2903 (Small).JPG (50.62 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

boronia wrote:How long since the 310 terminated at Kingsford?
DSCN2903 (Small).JPG

errr... since Better Buses Eastern Suburbs in June 2002 :shock:
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

Neville's Bus Stop Sign outside Ingleburn Station:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73278219@N06/9219200777/
ZaccyM
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with vinyl seats

Post by ZaccyM »

There are still quite a number of Caringbah Bus Service bus stop signs down Lilli Pilli Point Rd (without any Veolia timetables, or any timetables at all, I might add), and probably Port Hacking Rd too, even though Veolia took over CBS and their routes in October 2011. It's not a big deal, but has no-one at Veolia thought to place timetables on CBS's old stops?
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Speaking of Caringbah Bus Service, the 131500 page on the Family Funday Sunday fare still lists them as an operator that accepts said tickets, yet it shows Veolia Transdev (didn't that name come after Caringbah Bus Service's takeover?).
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
acermark

Post by acermark »

There is still a pointer for the old 453 in Railway Road pointing left into Gleeson Avenue in Sydenham.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Their is a sign on one of the underground stations, that was about something (I forget what it was), but it had a 7-digit phone number. I think the ad sign may be around 30 years old or so.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Their is a sign on one of the underground stations, that was about something (I forget what it was), but it had a 7-digit phone number. I think the ad sign may be around 30 years old or so.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”