Rock fishing

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

eddy

Rock fishing

Post by eddy »

For a long time now I have thought that tethering a rock fisherman with an adjustable surfboard leg rope would be far better than trying to keep him afloat after he gets washed in.

To do this I suggest perhaps any council could engage a contractor to drill 24mm x 30cm holes in appropriate places at a slight angle away from the sea so any fisherman who wanted complete safety could then drop an anchor bolt in it.

Perhaps in the day of start ups this could be one to give someone a job ?
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/
Frosty

Re: Rock fishing

Post by Frosty »

Hold on though the council would have to 100 page minimum study on an Environmental impact statement then do a local community consultation and probably objections from some green group who is located 30 kilometers away. Great idea but far too common sense for the government we face now day.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

If they were tethered to the rocks, wouldn't they get thrown against the rocks if waves knocked them off their feet?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Probably better than being thrown against rocks while floating around in the water.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

eddy wrote:For a long time now I have thought that tethering a rock fisherman with an adjustable surfboard leg rope would be far better than trying to keep him afloat after he gets washed in.
But Eddy, they're the ones that take risk to fish in said areas.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
eddy

Post by eddy »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
eddy wrote:For a long time now I have thought that tethering a rock fisherman with an adjustable surfboard leg rope would be far better than trying to keep him afloat after he gets washed in.
But Eddy, they're the ones that take risk to fish in said areas.
I suppose you are right there is an element of bravado there because I saw a video of guys with waves around their waist laughing but also I have seen guys on TV rock fishing with a harness attached to a rope in a dangerous place.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu http://www.parrahub.org.au/

Return to “The Lunch Room”