Big Bash League

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Big Bash League

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Well, as the season is drawing closer and closer to the finals, the teams to make the finals are beginning to emerge. It seems that the Adelaide Strikers :D , Perth Scorchers and Sydney Sixers pretty much can't not get in the finals, and I think the fourth team will be either the Hobart Hurricanes or the Melbourne Stars, but what are your thoughts? Post your BBL discussions here and may the Strikers win :D :D .
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Re: Big Bash League

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

WHY is the Grand Final going to be held in Canberra?? At this stage it looks like it will the the Strikers and the Scorchers in the final which are both nowhere near Canberra. The Grand Final Should be held either in the team with the most points' home ground (out of the two that make it) or at the MCG (because it can hold ~100000 people)
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Canberra is pretty much a neutral venue. That way no-one has home field advantage.

That and Canberra is of course the nation's capital :D
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

Why is it on a Wednesday night? If it was on a Saturday night I'd be inclined to go up to Canberra for a weekend road trip.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
pakenhamtrain

Post by pakenhamtrain »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:WHY is the Grand Final going to be held in Canberra?? At this stage it looks like it will the the Strikers and the Scorchers in the final which are both nowhere near Canberra. The Grand Final Should be held either in the team with the most points' home ground (out of the two that make it) or at the MCG (because it can hold ~100000 people)
I believe part of the reason is because they want to give the grounds a bit of a break before the world cup starts.
Insert 200 characters as signature
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Alstom 888M wrote:Why is it on a Wednesday night? If it was on a Saturday night I'd be inclined to go up to Canberra for a weekend road trip.

It's all about TV
Job done.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Great to see Big bash League returning to another summer on Ten. I'm sure that this season will be more exciting

Return to “The Lunch Room”