NEWCASTLE MODEL SHOW.

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

NEWCASTLE MODEL SHOW.

Post by captainch »

TODAY SAT 23RD/24TH OF AUG its conducted at the newcastle race course it rained heavy much of the day,lucky it was in doors.................my main gripe was the catering was much to be desired, a comon meat pie was $5 which was luke warm zapped in a microwave $5 for a cup of luke warm coloured water,which turned out to be coffee,you couldn't take your on food in.............and this year no concessions, I'm starting to think a lot of these display functions are pricing them selves out! it was a good day for the vietnam bus and we had many gold coin donations and lots of questions,and with ppls comments praizing the crew which were there,and a cold wet day was had by all and it got ppl talking about the currant state off affairs in the middle east,and a HELL of a lot of joe public are extremelly WORRIED!AND I HAD A DAY OUT,THE FIRST IN A VERY LONG TIME! :shock: :roll: 8) AND i WASN'T FOLLOWED BY "THE INSPECTOR" and his bloody camera! :cry: :oops: :roll:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Newcastle Flyer

Re: NEWCASTLE MODEL SHOW.

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

And you would have seen a "brown paper bag" layout there, or more correctly a station. I think he plans on extending it, or it is part of a larger layout.

If you were one of the exhibitors, wouldn't you get food at a discount?
Or better still, why not bring your own food & drink?

It only rained for the last part of the day, but did get heavy at times.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
captainch

Post by captainch »

NO NEWCASTLE FLYER we didn't get a discount, WE were invited to attend and were NOT looking for a discount,I just pointing out the fact how much at these places prices are INFLATED and if you a family with a couple of kids mads on train expensive day out,familys these days DO NOT have a lot of money to spend on outings! for the prices that were being charged e.g. $3.50 for a can of coke!and $5 fora half cold meat pie! don't know if you attened but we were outside in the rain most of the day and after getting totally drowned packing up and forcast for more rain sunday,we agreed not to return sunday which was a pity and at 70 years old deceided my health was more important!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Newcastle Flyer

Yes we know how inflated prices are.

Can't be sure, but I believe if you had a tag thing-a-mig that shows that you were an exhibiter, that you could have got tea & coffeenear where the St. John's ambulance tram were at the back.

But to save money, youn haven't answered why not take your own meals & drink?

$3.50 for a can of soft drink?? That's funny, because the sign said $4, unles they put it up later on. By the way, milk works out much cheaper, & is better for you.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

If you read his original post, it says that people weren't allowed to take their own food in.
captainch

Post by captainch »

newcastle flyer. just my last comment on this subject......................the "THE NAM BUS " crew did have a thing around their neck.............and why should we bring our own food, we do 1,000s of klm's a week visiting schools,if we know there is food near by we buy it if not we bring our own so thank you for being concerned about our health P.S SOME PPL CAN'T HAVE milk :evil: :twisted: MYSELF for medical reasons! :roll:
Newcastle Flyer

busrider wrote:If you read his original post, it says that people weren't allowed to take their own food in.
It's a "bit" hard to read his post.

That's incorrect, I brought my own food in, and I saw some exhibitors that brought their own food in.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”