What was the first bus you remember riding on?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

tonyp

Re: What was the first bus you remember riding on?

Post by tonyp »

captainch wrote:when I was small in a reo prophets body of my relations mrs warrens Sydenham to Dulwich hill bus service route 222/227 & I was given 10/- om a Saturday to wipe down the buses with kero she would never use water.& late at night I WOULD RIDE the industrial buses & collect fares & on a suday all her buses would be used to take fans to Henson park football I WOULD collect the fares at sydnenham stn I WAS 13!
Gee I hope nobody struck a match near the buses. They would look very interesting driving around at night with the exterior enveloped in blue flame. :shock:

10 bob isn't bad though. I was lucky if I got a bob for anything.

My first recollection was the Reo Speedwagons of Hunters Hill Bus Co. Too young to record the number though. Old enough to remember the transition from that canvas back door to the new-fangled air door.

AEC Decker
Favourite Vehicle: AEC air-door Decker of course.

Post by AEC Decker »

A near new (well it had new bus smell) 2nd series AEC underfloor in 1962 on a school charter from Bronte Public to Botanical Gardens. :mrgreen:
Got dropped off and picked up outside Conservatorium Of Music.
Still can't remember why went there. :?
STA CNG Scania 3461-3520,3621-3661=Scania Blοater
STA O405NH=Classic Blοater
STA O500LE 4868-4877,4879-4902,1800-1811=Heavy Blοater
STA O500LE 1812 onwards=Blοater
STA O500LE Euro 5 Diesel=Non Blοater or AdBlueter
Reo
Favourite Vehicle: Deckers-AEC,Leyland,Albion

Post by Reo »

My first (and regular) ride was on Archie Moore's 1946 Ford from Penshurst to Hurstville in 1952/3. The brakes were of very dubious effectiveness and the vacuum wipers just worked occasionally....it didn't even have a canvas front door...just an opening ,so when it rained the water just poured in the door anyway and drowned anyone sitting in the first few rows as well as the driver and his "till".

Reo
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

I remember one of the first buses i ever got as a kid was a Leyland Super Viking with Delwood Coaches in Sydney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

Here's a list of the buses and coaches I remember:

1. Dubbo Bus and Coachlines - UD Nissan Diesel RB30R with the first three rows of seats facing each other
2. Dubbo Bus and Coachlines - Denning DenAir Mono. I fell in love with that coach! We were the only school bus run that could accommodate it
3. Dubbo Coaches - UD Nissan Diesel RB31S - two brake failures, a clutch failure and a tyre blowout all within six weeks of one another! The blowout was freaking scary as it was yours truly that was sitting above the drive tyres when it let go!
4. Rendell's Coaches Dubbo - Mercedes-Benz O303/3 with an Ansair body. Sydney 2000 Paralympics
5. Fraser's Coaches Dubbo - Mercedes-Benz O404/3. School trip for a study tour
6. Ogden's Coaches Dubbo - Mercedes-Benz O500RF-3. My first ever coach trip to Sydney post getting my current job
7. Langley's Coaches Dubbo - Scania K470EB 6x2*4. There have been several trips on this coach - my most recent trip was to Carcoar, central west NSW

The most memorable trips ever!
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Well I started my life in southern suburbs of Adelaide so first bus was likely a Volvo B58 or B10M rigids or articulated .
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

From Me: The very girst bus i remember riding on was a STA Custom Coaches CB60 in the CBD shuttle livery
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”