What is your favourite route bus...

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

bus909

What is your favourite route bus...

Post by bus909 »

Post any of your favourite bus route here and why?

Any of link to Bus timetable/Map is welcome too.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Re: What is your favourite route bus...

Post by captainch »

my favouite route is sorry not in servie/special. because u don't get the ferrals /idiots. ect!and you don't have to open doors, sell tickets, its the best trip of the day allways better when its the last trip! :lol:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Post by Bus-1809 »

Captain CH, in the Transperth Handbook, nowhere does it state anything about opening doors or picking up passengers. It just says you have to drive the bus on the routes and not run timing points!
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Post by Doc68 »

Bus-1809 wrote:Captain CH, in the Transperth Handbook, nowhere does it state anything about opening doors or picking up passengers. It just says you have to drive the bus on the routes and not run timing points!
Well I've always said it would be a great job if you didn't have to stop & pick up passengers :lol: All these years wasted I should have moved to Perth. :twisted:
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants
simonl

Post by simonl »

captainch wrote:my favouite route is sorry not in servie/special. because u don't get the ferrals /idiots. ect!and you don't have to open doors, sell tickets, its the best trip of the day allways better when its the last trip! :lol:
Maybe you should work for Brisbane transport where you can spend 28% of your day doing precisely that!
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

I used to was a tram driver there!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

My favourite route bus is the Route 34 because the bus was able to go via Angelo St, having to go past the Penrhos College and Karawara. Been on this bus a few times and it was fantastic.
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

1. Route 822. From Light Square (Adelaide) it then travels up Greenhill Rd (one of the most scenic in Adelaide), then down Rangeview Dr, Spring GUlly Rd and Piccadilly Rd to Stirling. Inbound is even better though, and the 822 the one Greenhill Road route that doesn't dump you in the middle of nowhere.

2.Route 750. Nice ride down along the coast, especially Sellicks Beach (the terminus).

3. Route 852. From the regional centre of Mount Barker to the township of Strathalbyn. One of the few Hills routes that doesn't go over too many hills. Costs extra though, but is worth it IMO, especially if you get bus 3269 (which is likely, as it is one of the nine 12.5m buses that can actually go down that way). The bakeries at Strathalbyn are also good, and there is a nice park along the Angus River, and plenty of history to go with it. And antique shops with SAR Working Timetables from the '70s :P

Also up there are routes 142, 147, 196, 200B, 265, 640, 752, 823 & 800/801.

*All routes mentioned are the Adelaide version*
*Route 800/801 not operated by the Adelaide Metro, but LinkSA. Route 852 operated by SouthLink (separate from Admet/DPTI SA) after Mt Barker Hospital*
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

1. Route 'G22X' (Adelaide): City to Aberfoyle Hub via Flagstaff Road, Happy Valley Drive (80 kph speed limit) and Windebanks Road.

2. Route 545 (Adelaide): Golden Grove Village to Tea Tree Plaza: The Golden Way (60 then 70 kph speed limit) and McIntyre Road (80 kph speed limit).

3. Route 300 (Adelaide): Arndale to Arndale via Klemzig, Marion Centre, Glenelg, Tapleys Hill Road (60 then 80 kph) and Harbour Town.
Last edited by Diesel_MAN on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

In no particular order

Route 'B12' - Not bad for 60kph running on an SL202, with very low chance of talking passengers being present along Military Rd.

Route 'J1' - Notorious for (sometimes near painfully loud) talking passengers, but has a short 80 zone which can yield 75kph running on a TT SL202, when there's no roadworks that is. Most are operated by a depot with more than 2 decent drivers.

Route 'G22X' - Not as bad as the J1. Has a steep descent along Ayliffes Rd in a 70 zone (which unfortunately doesn't very often yield 70kph running, maybe 1 in 10 trips), with a 70 zone along Flagstaff Rd that becomes an 80 zone after the roundabout that is only served by this route, with no stops.

Route T842 - Same as the T840 to Mt Barker, but much quieter than T840s, and becomes an 837. Only operates twice a day outbound.

Route 200 - Scenic past Cross Rd, traverses Ayliffes Rd as mentioned above, and South Rd. Generally quieter than the 'G10'.

Route 'C1' - Traverses the full length of the O'bahn. Has a nice view out of Golden Grove down the hill, with an 80 zone along Main North Rd. It's a route I remember catching SL202s on regularly, before all but one lost their guide wheels and mostly got sent to a crappy depot.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

200 especially on the way to work(I work in Panorama which is a suburb of Adelaide)a lot quieter and nowhere near as crowded as a G10 IN THE MORNINGS OR A G40 IN THE AFTERNOONS.only downside on the afternoon service is walking to colonel light gardens racing to get the earliest service after finishing work at 3pm to be in by 3:30pm stop 18 kent rd.i am usually in town just as my friends G40's are just hitting goodwood.
AccordV6L
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10BLE/APG Orana: 3860

Post by AccordV6L »

Abbotsford 438: My local route for 12 years, hence why it is on my list. I loved getting a Volvo B10BLE or B12BLE (Euro 3) on this route.

Campsie 412: Love going through the backstreets of Inner West Sydney. It's even better when you get a driver who absolutely thrashes a Scania K280UB/CB80!
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

AccordV6L wrote:Abbotsford 438: My local route for 12 years, hence why it is on my list. I loved getting a Volvo B10BLE or B12BLE (Euro 3) on this route.

Campsie 412: Love going through the backstreets of Inner West Sydney. It's even better when you get a driver who absolutely thrashes a Scania K280UB/CB80!
(Yawn), these are just washing machines on wheels. I remember catching an MAN SG280H on the last 443 for the night from Elizabeth station in the early 2000s (193 from memory). It was on a timetable that basically forced drivers to floor it, and there was one time point which could only be done within the specified time if the bus stayed at 50kph all the way between these two stops (Craigmore to Elizabeth station).

I'm not sure what this driver was doing..... but he drove it at 70kph through all the backstreets like it was a Formula 1 car, and finished the run in 33 minutes, which is possibly an all time record!

Here's a link to it on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEHvLBquqg

Edit: Removed the 'video' description.

Return to “The Lunch Room”