Which cameras have you owned/used?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Which cameras have you owned/used?

Post by busrider »

In about 18 months of owning digital cameras, I've gone through about four of them... Which got me wondering, people here must have a wide variety of different cameras from different brands, film or digital, compact or SLR... How many have you owned? Which models have you owned? I own the following cameras, myself...

Olympus FE-20 (8MP, 3x optical zoom)

Samsung ES70 (12MP, 5x optical zoom)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 (10MP, 12x optical zoom)

Olympus E-30 (with 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses)

Over to you...
Last edited by busrider on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Re: Which cameras have you owned/used?

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

This thread is going to be 10 pages long once Derwent posts in it :wink: :lol:
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Post by adx666 »

Hokay, here goes:

Ricoh Caplio G4 Wide 2003-2006
Olympus something or other 2006
Canon Ixus 60 2007-2008
Panasonic TZ11 2008-2009
Canon Ixus 75 2008
Fuji F200EXR 2008
Panasonic ZR1 2009-2010
Panasonic LX3 2009
Ricoh CX1 2010
Nikon S8100 2010

May have missed a few, still looking for the perfect pocket camera
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Some ancient Sony Mavica camera that took floppy discs (surely someone remembers those)
Fujifilm Finepix A310
Fujifilm Finepix S5700 (the Mother's camera)
Canon PowerShot A3000 IS (my current camera)
Some kind of Pentax DSLR (school DSLR, K7 I think, maybe, but it was a Ksomething)
Nikon D70 (Grandfather's. Beast of a camera)
Nikon D3000 (Also the Grandfather's. Even more beastier camera)
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Which would you say has the worst battery life?
And which do you say is the best camera you have/had?

By the way, Van ur Busrider, first image = image unavailable.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

I think it's just a screwed battery, but my Olympus FE-20 was terrible... My best cameras would be the TZ6 (compact) and the E-30, which is my first and to date only DSLR...

PS: I have removed the image links as two weren't working, I think they were just temporary ones...
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Douglas wrote:Some ancient Sony Mavica camera that took floppy discs (surely someone remembers those)
I DO! Back in late 2000, my school got one of those. We all thought it was the most wonderful thing ever, given that teachers actually let us little kids use it. For the 10 more years of schooling I ever did I never had a teacher who was more willing to let the class use a piece of very expensive technology-under supervision of course.

I think they might even still have it-If they do I might be able to see if I can get my hands on it for a brief period of time, for a bit of a road test. It helps when you know the right people :wink:
Two-Way
Favourite Vehicle: Simoco SRM-9000

Post by Two-Way »

Albatross wrote:
Douglas wrote:Some ancient Sony Mavica camera that took floppy discs (surely someone remembers those)
I DO! Back in late 2000, my school got one of those. We all thought it was the most wonderful thing ever, given that teachers actually let us little kids use it.
I remember they used Floppy Disks as memory cards. Hehe.
Would you have a look at that K-Whopper hallin' that Wriggle Wagon hes got it to the floor and looking for more!
Posts here are my opinions and thoughts only.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Yes I used a Mavica at work, it wrote straight to a 3.5inch floppy.

I've had two Pentax film cameras (one 35mm and one was the other type, I can't remember what they were called exactly 125mm??, but the film came in a longer cassette) - then I've had two digital cameras, a Ricoh and most recently a Canon 350D SLR which is now coming up to 8 yrs old and 18,000 shutter openings and is still fine. All I have done to it is upgrade the lens to a Tamron with anti-vibration hoo haa in it. I'll be keeping that until it dies, and if it doesn,t then good! I think it is 8 megapixels, which is fine for viewing on computer and tv and as I don;t print posters, there's no need for any mega pixel number higher!
Job done.
Derwent

Post by Derwent »

MetroTasCatcher wrote:This thread is going to be 10 pages long once Derwent posts in it :wink: :lol:
Cheeky young sod...

Well...at last count I had somewhere around 22 cameras at the present.

I collect and use old film cameras mostly, especially manual focus SLRs and rangefinders.
Highlights include...

Canon Canonet QL28 rangefinder which has something wrong with it at the moment

Konica Auto S2 rangfefinder with the excellent Hexanon lens. THat thing is just soooooooo sharp you can almost cut yourself on the photos...

Voigtlaender Vito CLR rangefinders x2, although one of them which arrived yesterday via ebay is a dud...someone has had it apart and pinched several vital components...including the light meter cell!

Yashica Minister D rangefinder, one of my latest purchases and not tested yet

Fujica ST705 SLR, with a wonderful Fujinon lens, one of the best lenses I have. Also is M42 Pentax type screwmount so lots of lenses fit... WOnderful camera.

Yashica TL Electro X SLRs x2. Also M42 screw mount, with quite nice Yashinon lenses. Not in the same leage as the Fujinons though. INteresting electronically controlled shutter with infinitely variable shutter speed settings. Quite early for that sort of stuff.

Praktica MTL3 SLRs x2. Not quite sure why I have these...they are M42 mount, and the Pentacon lenses are OK, and they are indestructible but the shutter vibration is atrocious and they are quite clunky. Good for lending to those annoying younger family members who want a camera to borrow though...

Voigtlaender Bessamatic SLR, interesting design with a leaf shutter so flash sync right up to max speed. 1959 or thereabouts. Wonderful to use and almost no vibration from the shutter.

I am waiting on my newest purchase to arrive, a early '60s Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super B SLR...also a leaf shutter design. Have handled them and they are wonderful things. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Canon EOS RT autofucus SLRs x2. One with dodgy shutter the other perfect. Will have a third one in a few weeks. Interesting Pellicle mirror design instead of the regular SLR swinging mirror. Less vibration, faster response. 8 millisecond response time in RT mode, and 5 frames per second in continuous mode. Not bad for 1989!

Canon EOS 500 autofocus SLR. Uses same lenses as the RT but it is not as highly specced. SPare body or loan camera. Not exciting or very special but it does the job.

Canon Pellix SLR from 1965 (first model, not the QL). First Pellicle mirror Canon, first Canon with TTL metering. I love it to bits. Feels so lovely to use. Nice lens too, although sadly not the f/1.4 FL it originally came with but a f/1.8 FD which is still nice.

Now for the jewel of the collection and my favourite camera, 1954 Rolleicord Mark V medium format TLR. Uses 120 format film for a negative 6x6cm square. I use it all the time, wonderful thing. Beautiful too.

Got a few old Instamatics and film point and shoots in the collection but they don't get used.

Digi, I had a Nikon Coolpix L10 but it was too limiting, no manual controls or overrides without many layers of menus.
Bought a Canon SX120IS and haven't looked back. Would have preferred a G12 but at nearly 3 times the price, I went for the SX120...

I proces my own black and white films but I get colour processed professionally.
If the temperature of the developer bath is out slightly in black and white then contrast and brightness are affecteed slightly.
If they are out on colour you get radical colour shifts and those sort of unpleasant things, and for colour negative film the allowable error is 0.15 degrees either way...so I get them done professionally.
Usually scan and print from digital files.
PoweredByCNG
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O 405

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Oh, where do I start?

My mother bought me my first camera in 1997 for a school camp. It was a $19 Kodak 35mm camera from a pharmacy and it had a fixed focal-length lens with fixed focus, manual film advance via dial, fixed shutter speed of 1/125s, and a manual flash that chewed the batteries.

My second camera was given to me in 2000 by my aunty as a Christmas present. It was a Pentax Espio 80 with a 38-80mm lens.

After that, I started buying my own cameras. My first SLR was a Nikon F60 in 2001. I then graduated quickly to an F70, then to an F90X (with an F90 as backup) and then an F100. My lens kit at the time included the Nikon AF Nikkor 28-105mm f3.5-4.5D IF (which I still own today), a Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6D ED and a Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f1.8.

My first digital camera was a Fujifilm FinePix S5500 4MP digital bridge camera that I bought prior to a trip to Sydney in 2004. It was a beast for its time and took xD Picture Cards.

After a bit of a lull, I bought myself my first DSLR - a Nikon D70. In addition, I got an AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm f3.5-4.5G IF-ED DX lens and ditched my old 70-300mm lens. My second DSLR was a Nikon D80. I then graduated to a D300 (with a D90 as backup) and then onto a D700.

My present kit consists of the following equipment:
* Nikon D700 FX body
* Nikon D300 DX body
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8G ED
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f4G IF-ED VR
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8D IF-ED
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8G IF-ED (used 90% of the time on my D700)
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f4G IF-ED VR (used 90% of the time on my D300)
* Nikon AF Nikkor 28-105mm f3.5-4.5D IF
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f1.4G
* Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8G IF-ED VR II
* Nikon AF DC-Nikkor 105mm f2D
* Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8G IF-ED VR
* Nikon AF DC-Nikkor 135mm f2D
* Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II (1.4x)
* Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III (2x)
* Nikon Speedlight SB-800 (x3)
* Nikon Speedlight SB-900 (x2)
Proud owner of ex-Transperth 1042 and ex-Transperth 1114.
Penguin
Favourite Vehicle: NSW Rural Fire Service Cat 1

Post by Penguin »

I own a Fujifilm A170 digital camera

and a Minolta Weathermatic 35DL Underwater Camera
All posts are that of my own personal opinion and not that of my employer
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

I have used Canon, Panasonic, Kodak and Olympus cameras in my whole life
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

I've had two cameras, plus one that I borrowed. In order:
Olympus VG-160 (digital pocket/compact camera; borrowed from my parents, still gets use sometimes)
Then...
Kodak DX7590 Zoom (compact camera with 5x digital zoom; 2nd hand from parents, they replaced it with a Canon EOS 700D)
My replacement for "my" kodak:
Nikon D3300 with an 18-55mm lens (DSLR, 24MP). As my signature suggests, I am very happy with my camera. Don't plan to upgrade for at least 3 years, bar maybe getting a new lens (larger aperture, more zoom, telephoto, etc.) and maybe an tripod or new camera bag or something as well.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Vivitar ViviCam 7112. That is the only one I've ever used (unless you count my iPhone 5S camera)
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.

Return to “The Lunch Room”