What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

To the news, the Manly Class ferries are not part of Manly Fast Ferries.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Still not knowing why specific Torrens Transit buses with different chassis/manufacturers produce this truck like sound at around 45kph and higher.

It is most common with buses from a bus storage area on the corner of Grand Junction and Port Road. Particularly 1501-1515 and several Scanias including at least one K230UB that never sounded like this before it's transfer.

What encouraged me to post this was hearing a similar axle note on a 2011 built Southlink Scania K230UB today of all things, but it wasn't highly audible at 80kph, unlike 1417.

Would the tyres be likely to have any contribution to this?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

A Dominos Pizza employee being reluctant to hand me a receipt upon request, after handing over my cash on a pizza order -after up selling me to a larger size! It's a standard right as a consumer and he should have got me one without my having to insist.

All the riff raff out tonight as I ordered said pizza.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

To that stupid couple that have a stall at Steamfest at Maitland showing off your hardwood furniture ON A PUBLIC ROAD AT A PUBLIC FAIR. If ya don't want photos of your furniture being taken, then (YELL) DON'T DISPLAY IT AT A PUBLIC FAIR. And yes we did report them.

They attempted and went mad at not only me, but another person, and bullied both of us by standing in front of both our cameras. They claim they have a right to stop people taking photos of their hardwood furniture. Both sides said why don't you get the police or security. But they are at a public event.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

When there’s NO Action on climate change
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Swift

Post by Swift »

Tell them they and their belongings have no right to not be photographed in a public setting as upheld by the high court.
Newcastle Flyer

^^ At Swift, the organisers, management, or whatever this official is called said he's going to get event organisers to "talk to them".

Yeah sure we BOTH got mad, but as I stated before, why display them at a PUBLIC fair if ya don't want them photograph.

OH WAIT ON, they only said "NO PHOTOS," nothing about not taking videos! :mrgreen:

EDIT: This is the furniture that they tried to stop people taking pictures:

If you zoom the picture to that "notepad" looking object here: https://i.imgur.com/Kz3glaL.jpg it shows "NO PHOTOS PLEASE We work extremely hard to stay unique". It was laying down on the table.

Doesn't matter, that sign has no power in a public street - be it public event or not.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:^^ At Swift, the organisers, management, or whatever this official is called said he's going to get event organisers to "talk to them".

Yeah sure we BOTH got mad, but as I stated before, why display them at a PUBLIC fair if ya don't want them photograph.

OH WAIT ON, they only said "NO PHOTOS," nothing about not taking videos! :mrgreen:
You don't get it. They cannot make that order. It seems you need to fold a printout of the laws regarding photography to show these people who think they know the rules as they see fit and set them straight.
Newcastle Flyer

I do get it, and they didn't stop me. As I said, I went to the organisers so they can speak to them.

I've edit my previous post to show what they ATTEMPTED people to stop filming, and edit it to say that their sign has now power in public.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Some people will try and put it over you because they resent being recorded and will try and come up with a credible sounding argument against "your right" to record in the hope you aren't informed enough to refute them.
Australians are the biggest bullies and think they can make any orders they feel like at the time.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The high probability of ending up on tedBus rotbox tonight to get back from a venue. The word quality does not exist in any Australian dictionaries.
scott

Post by scott »

Those people in shopping centres from energy companies and the like that try and get your attention in a sarcastic manner, then when you say honestly that we are all sorted (the landlord is in charge of the energy packages- not me), they get all cranky with you, the young lady made a very snide remark.

Reports that Prep students are stabbing principals, kicking staff and hurting fellow classmates. Now when I was a Prep student in the good old days of the late 1980's there was none of that, in my (government) school at least, yes one kid had a meltdown and gave another one a whack, but it was no where near as bad. Teachers were respected and came down hard on the offenders, the parents were not as feral either.

Someone said to me at the bus terminal this morning that society today is one hell of a b****fight, I agree with him.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Even as a person who loves Volvo and Volgren buses, the fact that Perth is going to be stuck with them for another 10 years is bugging me. And will be bugging me for another 10 years.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Er, come to Adelaide then where there are a mix of jackpot CB80s and 'Bustech's which are rather uncomfortable for me to catch.

If they could be swapped with the Volgren Volvos from WA, it would probably be quite relieving for me.
Bus Suggestions

Well, I don't mind keeping with Volgren specifically (hopefully they update the body design within another 5 years), but stuck with Volvos for 10 years? I don't think I can manage that. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a batch of Scanias, or a switch from ZF to Voith.

P.S. I have had experience riding Scanias - in Jakarta.
MotorOmnibus8562

Re: What gives you the ——?!

1. Songs these days just seem to be based on sexual relationships.
2. Having people using swear words to hurt people, just so they can be popular.
3. The Government denying what the recent climate protesters wanted.

EDIT: I Don’t really mind people swearing but I do mind if they use it to hurt people.
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Bus Suggestions

Re: What gives you the S&#T's?!

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:1. Songs these days just seem to be based on sexual relationships.
Quite reasonable to give people the S&#T's with songs these days. Why can't most songs be a bit more family-friendly?
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:2. Having people swear, just so they can be popular.
Some people do think I have a problem with swearing (as in: 1. Someone swears 2. I tell them in as polite a voice I can muster to not swear). Quite frankly, I do have a problem with swearing. Why? Because these days, all the 'cool' people swear, and thus the world is no longer family-friendly as everybody looks up to those who swear.
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:3. The Government denying what the recent climate protesters wanted.
Was this in the news? If so, I didn't get it. (By climate protesters, do you mean people actually concerned about climate change or vegans?)

P.S. I use family-friendly as in: for general purpose, all-accessible without acting as an insult.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Regards foul language, I notice comedians get the loudest laughs when they use a swear word. I mean, there is no wit required whatsoever but they get praised as though it's so clever and inventive. Just shows how hive minded we've become since the peak of history, the early 80s.
MotorOmnibus8562

Bus Suggestions wrote:
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:1. Songs these days just seem to be based on sexual relationships.
Quite reasonable to give people the S&#T's with songs these days. Why can't most songs be a bit more family-friendly?
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:2. Having people swear, just so they can be popular.
Some people do think I have a problem with swearing (as in: 1. Someone swears 2. I tell them in as polite a voice I can muster to not swear). Quite frankly, I do have a problem with swearing. Why? Because these days, all the 'cool' people swear, and thus the world is no longer family-friendly as everybody looks up to those who swear.
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote:3. The Government denying what the recent climate protesters wanted.
Was this in the news? If so, I didn't get it. (By climate protesters, do you mean people actually concerned about climate change or vegans?)

P.S. I use family-friendly as in: for general purpose, all-accessible without acting as an insult.
I don’t mind if people swear but I do if it’s used to hurt someone so they can be popular.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Bus Suggestions wrote:
Most songs these days are so explicit that the song’s producer has to cut a edited version to get a song that is clean enough to play on radio as most of the artists are American so the songs have to have a lot of the explicit content bleeped out so it can get cleared by the FCC to be played on the radio over there
Swift

Post by Swift »

The tunes and beats are the result of computer algorithms designed to come up with formulas that are proven to appeal to the brains of our youth.
MotorOmnibus8562

Re: What gives you the ——?

More songs these days just seem to be based on those sexual relationships, I’m pretty sure the relationship is experienced by the singer. :shock: :x

What’s More? The Titles of songs That have rude Terms in them, the title of the song “S-h-u-t up and dance” is one of them, I’ll now call it: “Stand up and Dance” :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

A piece of sh!t Phillips monitor failing after just 16 months of use! Now I have to use my 7-8 year 1600x900 Samsung monitor until a replacement is sourced, as I think the receipt went walkabout.... Yay not.

I'll never purchase a Phillips monitor again.

And those folks who speak with their arms (as in moving their limbs in lieu with their words). I know it's highly common, but essentially is a distraction from what's being said, particularly in videos. I know not that I've posted this, everybody will starting doing it!
Newcastle Flyer

TA3001 wrote:A piece of sh!t Phillips monitor failing after just 16 months of use!
Are you sure it hasn't got more than a 12 month warranty? Even if it's only 12 months, I'd still contact Philips.
White lives matter too.
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Post by Bus-1809 »

Bus Suggestions wrote:I wouldn't mind a batch of Scanias, or a switch from ZF to Voith.
Yuck! You can keep your Voith. I much rather have something that is actually decisive on what gear it wants to be in and what it's retarder wants to do.

MAN NL323's with ZF's would be nice, but alas... a full fleet of around 1800 Volvo's in 10 years time :twisted:
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.

Return to “The Lunch Room”