• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby scott » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:26 pm

A woman and her two rotten little kids were broken down outside my home with thier Holden Captiva as I was putting the rubbish out, I ask her does she require any assistance, and she tells me to f off and get stuffed.

You can't even be a good samaratin these days without copping abuse.

I was laughing like mad when the tow truck arrived to cart the Craptiva away.
scott

Postby Swift » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Are people in Melbourne extra rude? I can't imagine anyone in Sydney reacting like that to an offer of help.
A left wing society is a rude society and a society that will stuck with an Andrews Labor government.
'Neville Wran, he's our man. He's got this great state moving.'
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Scout leaders car. She tried to claim at first that she didn't see it. She then tried to claim I thought it was a school bus stop.
Also includes the car behind.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:21 am

Admin:Unnecessary to quote full previous post especially when photo included.
Looks & sounds a lot like the people up at the local shopping precinct that pull up In the bus zone moments before a bus is due to pull in, there's an empty drop-off / pick up area (usually meant for those retirement home minibuses but you can still stop there if your picking up someone or dropping them off) a little back down the road that you could park at to drop someone off but nope let's just pull up in the middle of an active bus stop because why NOT?

You'd have to be truly ignorant or oblivious to do something like this.

Use to like catching the school bus back in the day and when we pulled up to one particular school and if a car was in the bus zone the driver would honk their big loud horn (well maybe toot it) to get the car to move out of the way. I'd sort of blame the school for it too because there use to be another gate that students and parents could walk through just before the bus zone but when a big new metal fence was put in they got rid of that gate but left the footpath walkway to it (so there's a footpath that still links up to where the old gate use to be and then onto the council footpath outside the school) Parent's don't want to take off until their children are safely in the school grounds so hence why they probably park down there in the first place. The school should've known better to get rid of that gate.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby TA3001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:48 am

Reading an article about the impact of illicit drugs on the community, and thinking of a rude post alleging actual use by the person who just made this post, due to me expressing my dislike towards the stupid alpha numeric route names that are used in Adelaide.

I've never touched them, and never will, so maybe think twice before you post, Jibb.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby scott » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:33 pm

Donald Trump- he is the laughing stock of the universe.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/at-un-speech-trump-suffers-fate-he-always-feared-public-humiliation-20180926-p5063k.html

Shame he cancelled his planned trip to Australia in November, we could of humiliated him more.
scott

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Having to tell a passenger (yes she was of Asian background) at least 10 times or more to cover her mouth when she coughs. Not once did she do that, and guess what sign was above this dirty person's head?
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Merc1107 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Having to tell a passenger (yes she was of Asian background) at least 10 times or more to cover her mouth when she coughs. Not once did she do that, and guess what sign was above this dirty person's head?

Bus drivers ought to go to work in nuclear contamination suits just to prove how feral a significant proportion of the general public are.

I've got nothing against sick people on the bus, as we've all got places to be and things to do (especially if you live alone and are sick). What annoys me is a lack of any consideration for the driver (by sitting right up the front coughing, sniffling and snorting away) or doing the same near other people. Go and sit up the back, for crying out loud...

Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby TA3001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:29 pm

The number of blokes (particularly older ones) that stand in front of the seat for minutes on end before sitting. Or in the odd case, just standing in front of it for the entirety of their trip. I've seen at least two occurrences this year.
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:36 am

At Merc1107, This was on a V-Set train, not a bus. But really I don't care what their background is, or the transport, or even if it's not on transport.

The 05:03 express (that will now stop at Cardiff & Fassifern ( :cry: )) should be known as the "Coughers Express". As soon as one person starts coughing, a lot of the passengers start coughing.

Let's just say I said it politely AT FIRST for the first few times. Then I said it with some "emphasis", then a bit louder. Yep other's in the carriage turned their heads & looked at me. And I don't bloomin' care. Best not to say what I added at the end.

I suppose the Dooo Gooders have stopped bus drivers from asking passengers to cover their mouths when they cough, if they don't cover their mouths?
Merc1107 wrote:I've got nothing against sick people on the bus

Unless they got sick on transport, they shouldn't be on any public transport. They should either be resting at home, or going to the doctors.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:13 am

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Unless they got sick on transport, they shouldn't be on any public transport. They should either be resting at home, or going to the doctors.

For all we know, they could be on the way to the doctor whilst sitting on the bus in question. I don't know of any humans who enjoy sickness, and most try to remedy it or minimise discomfort as soon as possible.

Not everybody likes driving a car through what could be peak hour/heavy traffic
TA3001

Postby Swift » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 am

I got abuse from an old man when I was a bus driver when I asked him I'd he was covering his incessant coughing as he sat right behind me. It sure didn't sound like it and he let of a tirade about how he had some terminal disease and that it wasn't a cold and how heartless I was etc. Then as he got off soon afterwards, he called me a ¢uNT! How am I meant to fu¢ken know you stupid old bastard?!? Then to top it off, this do gooder girl tells me I should be ashamed of myself blah blah as she gets off.
A mate I told this to spoke to a doctor he knew and the doctor said what I did was perfectly reasonable and apparently was flabbergasted at the story.
Swift

Postby TA3001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:08 am

Folks spelling does as dose (amidst terrible punctuation). And in addition, realising my number of posts had reached a particular horrible number (if you associate it with a certain (almost vile) bus) just over 6 posts ago!
TA3001

Postby TA3001 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Seeing the same month and year quoted in every 2nd news article I read! I'm not 100% sure exactly what influence it had on evolution, but the continual references to it on the internet seem to never end...
TA3001

Postby homer9000 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 am

collingwood supporters going on and on about how great their club is.i am not a footy fan and hate the sport but will sometimes watch if there is nothing better on and only if the swans,crows or west coast eagles are playing.
homer9000

Postby TA3001 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:52 pm

Grumpy drivers.
TA3001

NO quoting of whole posts MEANS what it means.

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 pm

People who quote whole posts, including when the post says "NO quoting of whole posts" (be it emphasised in any number of ways). This includes pictures that state "No quoting of pictures."

Edit: Hint, ur HINT, HINT
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby B10BLE » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Robert Walls.
#PleaseStandBy
B10BLE

Favourite Vehicle: NR class or bust

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 pm

No quoting of whole post, including photo

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Let's just say I said it politely AT FIRST for the first few times. Then I said it with some "emphasis", then a bit louder. Yep other's in the carriage turned their heads & looked at me. And I don't bloomin' care. Best not to say what I added at the end.

• And it's people like this dirty person that has made me sick.

• Possibly same vehicle a note was put on the vehicle before (Click on photo):
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 pm

To the now "greedy" Newcastle Herald, it's only one "line", no plural.
"Trains delayed between Wyong and Morisset on Central Coast and Newcastle lines"
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:18 pm

"Smoking is good for you."
TA3001

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:31 pm

When some companies decide after taking ownership of a place to rebrand it from its otherwise notable and sometimes historic name to something so generic. Fortunately the locals don't give in to it.
One example is the Sears Tower in Chicago getting renamed to Willis Tower (no true Chicagoan would ever call it the latter)

Another example: Bankstown Square to Centro, then to Bankstown Central
I know this from being born and raised in Bankstown; Centro is pretty popular among the young adults, but you're truly from Bankstown if you still call it the Square. Very few people there will call it Bankstown Central.

And more recently, part of Greenway Plaza on The Horsley Drive was subject to an attempted rebranding to "Homemaker Greenway" No. The whole thing will always be Greenway Plaza.

I will say, some rebrandings aren't too bad though. It just only wrecks it if it's a big local identity or a historic name.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

Postby Swift » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:23 pm

One guy proposed renaming Qantas to Air Australia in the 1990s. Some people should not have been born.
Swift

Postby TA3001 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:23 am

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:When some companies decide after taking ownership of a place to rebrand it from its otherwise notable and sometimes historic name to something so generic. Fortunately the locals don't give in to it.
One example is the Sears Tower in Chicago getting renamed to Willis Tower (no true Chicagoan would ever call it the latter)

I know this from being born and raised in Bankstown; Centro is pretty popular among the young adults, but you're truly from Bankstown if you still call it the Square. Very few people there will call it Bankstown Central.

And more recently, part of Greenway Plaza on The Horsley Drive was subject to an attempted rebranding to "Homemaker Greenway" No. The whole thing will always be Greenway Plaza.

I will say, some rebrandings aren't too bad though. It just only wrecks it if it's a big local identity or a historic name.

I know this is highly trivial compared to the above mention, but the DPTI in Adelaide has decided to remove an alpha numeric name from a route that is through-linked to Magill. It will be changed from 14/10/18 to a route that continues to Salisbury as a 502 (with 500/501 variants). Although it should still be named T50() due to missing several stops along the way, the western portion of this operation will be referred to as the 110, which is just a stupid replacement for the former B in the route name. It is currently B10 until the 14th. The annoying thing about this change is that the DPTI has renamed the eastern portion of this route back to 106, but not acknowledged the former STA route.

Anyhow, it will always be the 113 to me. In a similar way that the current 163 from Adelaide to West Beach is the 278A from my perspective. Services along the main corridor that this services used to be known as 274, 275, 278 etc. But this changed when the alpha numeric cross town routes were introduced, and after the hills routes had their 1s replaced with 8s (IE 164 became 864).
TA3001

Postby GazzaOak » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:42 am

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:When some companies decide after taking ownership of a place to rebrand it from its otherwise notable and sometimes historic name to something so generic. Fortunately the locals don't give in to it.

Its like westfield warrigah mall, people just simply call it warrigah mall as it old name.... but just to be annoying, i call it westfield brookie
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
GazzaOak

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room