• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby Swift » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Makes you wonder if they were as committed to the upgrade ad they were for the excuse to rip more money from the populace.
I want these Marxist maniacs gone and I've never set foot in Victoria, although my mother did in 1982 when she spent a week in Melbourne for a conference. Must have been public transport heaven.
Social people are nearly always horrible people. Why would you mix with horrible people?
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby TA3001 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:22 pm

The unpleasantly loud jackpot belltone on this V2 CB80 rotbox going off at every stop! Disgraceful build 'quality'
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby homer9000 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:05 am

the footy show.just drop it already and have a thursday night sitcom marathon like it was before 1994.anyone here remember the days of 8:30pm or was it 9:30pm cheers prior to that moron eddie mcguire and sam newman taking that away with football garbage.
homer9000

Postby scott » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 pm

That kindergarten in Canberra, it looks like there may be another challenge before Question Time, Turnbull is unlikely to have the numbers.

That means we could possibly have the fifth prime minister in the last 10 years, Howard, Rudd (twice),Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull.
scott

Postby Merc1107 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:27 pm

scott wrote:That kindergarten in Canberra, it looks like there may be another challenge before Question Time, Turnbull is unlikely to have the numbers.

That means we could possibly have the fifth prime minister in the last 10 years, Howard, Rudd (twice),Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull.

This seriously gives me the sh*ts. I'm too young to know what the years before Howard were like, but its amazing we can't have stable, long-term governing as Hawke/Keating then Howard gave.

Nowadays even our leaders seem to be the latest victims to our throwaway society... Suddenly they're unpopular, so they're thrown away and replaced with another muppet, who isn't much better than the last. Perhaps if the politicians didn't have a pissing competition every election, made realistic promises and stuck with them we mightn't be in the mess.
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby Swift » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Pete will bring the LNP back on track. Malcolm is a ditherer and is lucky he had an opposition leader with the charisma of a parking meter to contend with last time and even then, be barely scraped in. He's had his chance.
Social people are nearly always horrible people. Why would you mix with horrible people?
Swift

Postby busrider » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 pm

So the best countermeasure to an opposition leader lacking charisma is a Prime Minister with the same lack of charisma?
busrider

Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Postby Swift » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:48 pm

That's a matter of opinion. At least Peter isn't a loopy leftist with a pc Marxist agenda masquerading as a conservative.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:09 pm

People giving you dirty looks because you pushed the stop button on the bus before they or their child got a chance too. No offence but get over it as it's not the end of the world if I or someone else beat you to pressing it. Actually be thankful in the end someone else pushed it in time too instead of pushing it seconds before your stop comes up and gives the driver little - no notice you want to get off. I've seen to many instances of parents letting their children push the button and they always do it seconds before their stop comes up and then whinge at the driver for nearly or missing their stop.

Had a mother give me the stink eye this morning because I pushed the stop button before her child did. I was listening to music (thankfully with headphones since I'm not one of those people who blasts out their music for the world to hear) and staring out the window but I noticed she turned her head at the back to look at me (It was only her, I and her child on the bus) and give the stink eye. You got off at your stop so I guess be thankful for that?

God people want to get the s&#ts over the smallest of things.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby TA3001 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:34 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:People giving you dirty looks because you pushed the stop button on the bus before they or their child got a chance too. No offence but get over it as it's not the end of the world if I or someone else beat you to pressing it. Actually be thankful in the end someone else pushed it in time too instead of pushing it seconds before your stop comes up and gives the driver little - no notice you want to get off. I've seen to many instances of parents letting their children push the button and they always do it seconds before their stop comes up and then whinge at the driver for nearly or missing their stop.

Had a mother give me the stink eye this morning because I pushed the stop button before her child did. I was listening to music (thankfully with headphones since I'm not one of those people who blasts out their music for the world to hear) and staring out the window but I noticed she turned her head at the back to look at me (It was only her, I and her child on the bus) and give the stink eye. You got off at your stop so I guess be thankful for that?

God people want to get the s&#ts over the smallest of things.

Just be glad the button worked. They're only designed to be static features on the CB80s. Or so one would think, with the amount of times I've pressed the button only to find that it's not activating the jackpot bell tone due to being faulty.
TA3001

Postby GazzaOak » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:53 am

scott wrote:That kindergarten in Canberra, it looks like there may be another challenge before Question Time, Turnbull is unlikely to have the numbers.

yep, i think its just too divided here.... if the libs don't lift their game, then its game over with wonderful billy in power.... in which he probs just that tad worse than malcom...

I think a better and final solution is to dissolve the green, liberals and labor and start all over...
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
GazzaOak

Postby Swift » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 pm

busrider wrote:So the best countermeasure to an opposition leader lacking charisma is a Prime Minister with the same lack of charisma?

Scott Morrison should alleviate your concerns.
Swift

Postby busrider » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:40 pm

Of the 3 options, ScoMo was probably the best compromise for the Liberal Party.
busrider

Postby Swift » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:28 am

I agree Scott was likely a better choice than Peter. I think I heard someone on the news say he would pose a greater threat to the prospects of Bill Shorten.
Swift

Postby homer9000 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:40 pm

angela bishops mother.thank god she was not an option for the role to be the next australian prime minister.she reminds me of what a real life version of TV'S MRS BUCKET would be like.
homer9000

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Homer9000, don't you mean Julie Bishop's mother?

PS: A number of elections ago, the Liberals were more religious than they are now, as they had "two Abbotts, two Bishops & a Church" running as candidates! :lol:

Andrew Constance wrote:"Mr Constance apologised to customers and said he understood their frustration.
Andrew CONstance, your apology is NOT accepted.

• A passenger asked the bus driver to wait for her friend/relative or whatever even though he was already about 8 minutes late. (yell) THEY SHOULD'VE BOTH BEEN AT THE STOP BEFORE, REPEAT BEFORE THE BUS IS DUE TO LEAVE THE STOP. (end yelling)

Bus drivers should be able to say, "We are not going to wait for your other passenger, he/she should've been at the stop before we are due to leave".

• I suppose bus drivers aren't allowed to tell off passengers who stand up to get off, then he searches his bag to find his Opal card so he can tap off?

If they're not, they should be allowed to.

scott wrote:That means we could possibly have the fifth prime minister in the last 10 years, Howard, Rudd (twice),Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull.
Seventh, not fifth prime minister counting ScoMo, as you count Rudd's second go separately to his first go.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby busrider » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:54 am

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Homer9000, don't you mean Julie Bishop's mother?

No, I believe he was referring to Bronwyn Bishop, who is indeed the mother of TV personality Angela Bishop.
busrider

Postby Swift » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 pm

They're related? Aussie celebrities!! Don't tell me her status as daughter of Atilla the hen didn't get her a break in TV.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:53 pm

ARGGGGGH! We're getting Alan Jones on a certain station starting with "S" from Sunday.

But he's one of the ones, as is Andrew Bolt that tried to get Phony Tony (Tony Abbott) to be one of people in the challenge.

ARGGGGGH!, it also includes The Bolt Report, or should I say the "Bolt's Agenda".
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Adelaide not getting more of these.... they look great without that yellow drool and black lining on the front.

HillsBus_.jpg
HillsBus_.jpg (102.18 KiB) Viewed 632 times
TA3001

Postby Swift » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm

What happened to the corner indicators and desto panel?
That thing looks weird. It looks to be retired.
Swift

Postby busrider » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 pm

It's been just slightly edited, it also had a centre door at some stage...
busrider

Postby TA3001 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:11 am

busrider wrote:It's been just slightly edited, it also had a centre door at some stage...

It's about a third complete. It's just a more definitive indication of what to aim for than the original photo which is actually the horrible 1770 :). The portion in the middle is equivalent to the desto display which the 2000 class railcars had. I'll leave it at that for now...
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:55 am

TA3001 wrote:Adelaide not getting more of these.... they look great without that yellow drool and black lining on the front.

HillsBus_.jpg

Along the lines of buses, there's hardly anything interesting in Newcastle anymore.

I'd be happy to see more CB80's but the only operators down here locally with that is PSC (With a single Volvo B7RLE CB80) and Rover with a few Iveco Metros and half the time I barely even get to see them. I reckon when Hunter Valley Buses retires their custom coach bodied 550's and MAN CB30's they'll probably get replaced with more optimuses most likely on an B8RLE chassis if the B7RLE ends production when this happens. If orders history are anything to go by, their avoiding anything CB80 and above as much as possible and the current lot of CB80's they have are ones they acquired when they picked up other operators so jack squat chance of seeing them with their "own" CB80 any time soon.

Besides Hunter Valley Buses, there's hardly any Scania buses on route service in Newcastle (Along with Mercedes-Benz buses on Route service in Newcastle besides the two NT Ansair Orana Mercs). I was at least hoping now that Keolis Downer is here that they'd spruce up the fleet a little by adding more variety but according to some people who have posted here and elsewhere at the moment, the only planned buses in the pipeline they're going to get is B8RLE Bustechs probably to replace the ageing Ansair orana buses. Ah well at least it's something new and a first in B8RLE buses in the Newcastle Region when it comes or happens.

Double Deckers are something I'd like to see up here too but I don't think our roads here locally may be able to handle it like they would've in the old days so back to Sydney if I want to see any :(
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:10 am

Whenever I'm writing something down or making a comment on this forum, but either I completely forget what I was going to say, or I get some information wrong and the correct information comes back to my head a whole day later.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room