• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby Swift » Mon May 21, 2018 3:52 pm

Don't get me started on pathetic mums who won't control their kids. they think it's their divine right to let them run amok and it's everyone else's responsibility not to run into them. This problem is not peculiar to any race. Fathers always do a far better job of keeping their monsters in line. Mothers, with a few exceptions, are hopeless.
'Neville Wran, he's our man. He's got this great state moving.'
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby scott » Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm

In a similar vein, parents with toddlers getting on buses and letting their little monsters climb over the seats etc while the bus is moving while they stare at their phone, and the way they speak to you when you tell them to watch their children instead of thier damn phones.

People making no effort to move down a full bus, again too busy with headphone and smartphones.

This dumbed down society is really starting to get to me.
scott

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon May 21, 2018 6:24 pm

scott wrote:In a similar vein, parents with toddlers getting on buses and letting their little monsters climb over the seats etc while the bus is moving while they stare at their phone, and the way they speak to you when you tell them to watch their children instead of thier damn phones.

People making no effort to move down a full bus, again too busy with headphone and smartphones.

This dumbed down society is really starting to get to me.

At least these two "mothers" or whatever the hell their classed as were too ignorant to speak back, that or they don't speak English or didn't hear me. I would've had a lot more to say tho if they attempted to speak to me and defend their children(s) actions playing around. Christ sake there's a playground about 30m - 70m (I'm terrible with distance but hopefully you get the picture) after you go out this exit I went out. They could've sat out there and let their kids run wild on the playground. Instead they let them run wild in front of a high traffic exit / entry spot. If the mothers are parents then they aren't very good ones to say the least. A good parent would watch their children and if they get in the way of people would be very quick to get them out of the way.

Speaking of children climbing seats now that you've reminded me.

I was heading on a train a while back to the Main station in my area, high school kids get on at the station that's not far from two schools. As we're about two stations away from the last stop the buggers were climbing over the seats and had their feet on the seats. If someone stepped in do do (dog do) I don't think I'd want to sit in it. It's bad enough that on the same train at the start of the service there was some other person with their feet on the train divider wall and the Guard saw what the guy was doing but proceeded to do nothing and go to he's crew compartment. If it had been a TO they would've had a field day on that guy.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Swift » Mon May 21, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm sick of thoughtless behaviour by more and more Australians on public transport and everywhere else! We are regressing as a nation. Time for a rebellion from well brought up citizens!
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Got for the 2nd time this week a call from the supposed "Chinese Embassy".

The first happened on Monday (this week) and like with any automated call after answering there was 5 seconds of dead air before the recorded message played saying something about the "Chinese Embassy" and I quickly terminated the call and blocked the number.

The 2nd happened today while I was in an important meeting and instead of English recorded audio, it was in full Chinese from the get go. (Still 5 seconds dead air before the message played)

Funny enough I got the first call at 11:44 AM on Monday, Yesterday got nothing from them, today got the call again around 11:50 AM. Wonder if by Friday I'll hear back from them again at 12:00PM?
ScaniaGrenda

Postby Merc1107 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Yes I have long since ceased bothering with shopping centres where possible. The most recent was trying to enjoy a quick coffee, only to be disrupted by the children of several mothers running around screaming whilst a group of the ignorant twenty or thirty-something year olds gossiped and kept their heads buried in their phones. Even though I'm not far off that bracket, it seems a not-insignificant number of these types of parents just let their kids do whatever they please, no discipline apart from empty threats about "being naughty."

During my time working as Checkout staff at a small IGA, someone's child was running amok in the shop. Walking through the shop on my way to do 'something,' the child ran straight into me. I kept walking. A couple of the regular customers had kids that were either running around, screaming, throwing tantrums or all of the above. I suspect I know the types of adults they will grow into...
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby Swift » Wed May 23, 2018 8:49 pm

Merc1107 wrote:Yes I have long since ceased bothering with shopping centres where possible. The most recent was trying to enjoy a quick coffee, only to be disrupted by the children of several mothers running around screaming whilst a group of the ignorant twenty or thirty-something year olds gossiped and kept their heads buried in their phones.

There was a story of a café on the central coast of NSW that put in a no phones policy where patrons must not use their phones in the café and it had been successful. What about banning unruly kids and mums who refuse to control them? I think I would drive up net patronage!
Swift

Postby scott » Wed May 23, 2018 10:52 pm

There is a chemist down here in Melbourne, not far from Chadstone, that will not serve anyone whilst they are on their phone, and have a sign on their door warning people to get off their phone or they will not be served.

I remember as a kid in the 80's and 90's, going to a cafe or a restaurant and actually talking to Mum,Dad or my grandmother, whoever was there with me at the time(only child, so no sibling to bash up), and when I had other kids, we were either in the playground or sitting down being watched all the time. The only phones were those orange or red payphones.
scott

Postby homer9000 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 am

bus drivers not using the right kind of vehicles when we know most passengers have kids and prams with them.I really felt bad for someone the other week in such a situation and wanted to help.
homer9000

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Homer9000, that's not the bus drivers fault. They're only told to drive the buses they're given.

To continue:
Just how many times (excuse me while I yell) “DO WE HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE TO BUT COVER THEIR BLOOMIN' MOUTHS & NOSES WHEN THEY COUGH &/OR SNEEZE?”
(end yelling)

Hmm, not enough emphasis on that!

I had to tell two passengers in the bus the other day, and I had to the woman twice & she still ignored me. What dirty so & soes.

PS: The red text is not big enough! No wonder Australia has a problems with colds &/or flu.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:49 pm

In response to the above, I'm afraid the blokes are much worse offenders in this category than the ladies. 9/10 just don't give a flying **** from my obs.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:43 am

Coming down with the Winter flu or the classic "sore throat", loss of voice and the loss of an appetite to eat anything and shortly followed by headaches and drowsiness.

Also people who light up cigarettes at bus stands (I think you can't smoke 100m from a bus-stand in NSW and it's prohibited to smoke at a bus stop) I finally get a seat only for some nugget I'm sitting next too to light up their ciggie without any consideration or warning or I & other waiting passengers are already waiting for the bus and someone comes out and then lights up their ciggie with no warning or consideration . Understandable if you want to .... smoke but can you have some consideration and either ask the person your sitting next too to politely movie or even better, move somewhere yourself not close to a bus stand. And if your bus is due to come within minuets then you shouldn't have lit up the cigge anyway TBH. I see crap like this everyweek and as a non-smoker (never smoked and proud of it) I'd want to stay as healty as possible and away from those deathsticks.

Doesn't help that stops like the one at my local major shopping centre only have little stickers the size of a nametag stuck to the stops window pane advising you can't smoke here so most people just light one up anyway.

This doesn't mention the 100m but I swear I can recall somewhere saying you can't smoke 100m from a bus stop

http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/tobacco/Fa ... ations.PDF
ScaniaGrenda

Postby Swift » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:48 pm

You can guarantee that smoker will then drop their cigarette on the ground which leads to another pet hate.
Disgusting rodents like that should be arrested and tied up and cruel acts perpetrated toward them. :evil:
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 am

Swift wrote:You can guarantee that smoker will then drop their cigarette on the ground which leads to another pet hate.
Disgusting rodents like that should be arrested and tied up and cruel acts perpetrated toward them. :evil:

Lol they already do since the bus stands are smoke free area's and as such aren't equipped with the ash trashes or cigge bins. I don't see them drop it but I hope they extinguish it when their done.

Anyway late last night, this... yes this

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... eavy-usage

NBN Chief has leashed out at gamers as of late saying their one (at first it was the reason) the network was so slow. Now I've just come across this article and they want to throttle gamers who use the most during peak hours. I've studied IT and streaming movies or shows would use more data + bandwidth than online gaming. I've also done additional research and most multiplayer games seem to only uses less than 100 Megabytes an hour and even then Multiplayer games care about one thing... latency. If your latency is high you'll be in for a laggy match. Latency is how long it takes for your device to send a message to another device. Poor routing, technology used and what not could lead to higher latency. What you always want is a low latency. The lower it is the better.

Anyway I'm paying $70 for the internet and I'd like to use it as I please that includes gaming whenever I can get around to it during my downtime. This crap wouldn't fly in Great Britain, not even USA with all the recent Net Neutrality saga and it certainly shouldn't be allowed to fly here.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Grinches that sit at 45 degree angles in front of you on forward facing seats and stare at ya as though they think you're about to attack them!
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby Swift » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Aussie women are so paranoid...in my case they are right to be :twisted: but still...
Swift

Postby Swift » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:29 pm

When you walk into a shop and you get pestered by staff when you want to be left alone to browse, but can't find any when you actually want assistance.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:30 am

* Gee, if I was a train guard or other train crew, I'd make her clean the floor up in front of the toilet. After she came out their was a large mess in front of the toilet.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby homer9000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:34 am

channel 92 showing us past their use by date british sitcoms nightly except during footy season.why not some two broke girls or mom in place of those snobby keeping up appearances,as time goes by or to the manor born rubbish.
homer9000

Postby Swift » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Haughty Woolworths staff. They act stuck up compared to Coles staff, and I use several stores of each, and you definitely notice the contrast. I don't know whether it is the people they tend to choose or the culture of the place. Probably the latter mainly. Coles have better produce most of the time and more generous speciaIs too.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:19 pm

• Don't tell me "Days of Our Lives", um I mean "Days of Our Boring" (or is that "Boooooring"?) is back on TV?
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby homer9000 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:54 am

sadly they did revive days of our lives.I would rather watch YOUTUBE versions of house husbands which was one of the few dramas that didn't empahasise on scheming and manipulation amongst other bad things to keep the viewers keen.wish that show was still with us even if 10 for instance got the rights.
homer9000

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm

homer9000 wrote:sadly they did revive days of our lives.

Homer9000, I "asked" you not to tell me that! :)
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 pm

High Winds during the rain causing your umbrella to turn inside out numerous times (could happen once or twice and i'd still be mad over it) and getting you soaked. I've had a certain umbrella since my days of high school (somewhat of a tiny one and not that it means anything but if it's always worked fine why replace it?) and I guess it's days are numbered but an old bloke spoke to me and my friend and told me Aldi should hopefully be having a sale on brollys soon. Just as soon as he walked off, he's called it a day too.

Umbrellas down here are no match for the fierce winds down here :(

Also calling somewhere and always reaching a voicemail box (and this is during business hours too)
ScaniaGrenda

Postby Perth Jaywalker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Putting bright multi-coloured lights on the exterior of architecture since 2009-ish, completely changing the character of Perth. Notable examples include Perth Council House, Elizabeth Quay bridge, the green panels on the outside of the new Children's Hospital and now the Perth Stadium Footbridge. If you think it's pretty, you alone can pay for it --- don't burn public money.
"If you're gonna jaywalk, don't push the button."
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs4LaA ... 8HRkOx7eFg
Perth Jaywalker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room