• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby TA3001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Swift wrote:That bus needs to be scrapped, especially with a washing machine sounding engine.
Gosh, what happened to Adelaide? You used to have three door rigids with Leyland 0680 growl, now this.

There are vehicles in service that are much, much worse than this one. It's one of the best Scanias in service in Adelaide. It even has a cable accelerator unlike the newer units. Personally, I prefer (3)272 over this one though due to it being exactly the same mechanically as 2547.

By my standards, even the B58 replacements are mediocre to me, with one in particular standing out more than the others. And those CB60 bodied L94UBs were replacements for SL200s :). Fortunately we didn't end up with more K___UBs instead.....
TA3001

Postby Lt. Commander Data » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Swift wrote:That bus needs to be scrapped, especially with a washing machine sounding engine.
Gosh, what happened to Adelaide? You used to have three door rigids with Leyland 0680 growl, now this.

Whoa... did you just say that (ex-)269 has a washing machine engine? See, I don't think you did. And it definitely doesn't say it should be scrapped there, does it?

What if I told you I've heard preservation plans for this bus due to its unique trans and also because it's the first Scania in Adelaide?
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 867, 868.
Adelaide Metro Photography. For all your Adelaide bus photo needs.
Lt. Commander Data

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren CR224Ls (esp. 3269)

Postby Swift » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Lt. Commander Data wrote:
What if I told you I've heard preservation plans for this bus due to its unique trans and also because it's the first Scania in Adelaide?

Just kidding ( to a degree). Modern equipment today is tomorrow's forgotten classic.

Funny you should bring up unique transmissions .
In the 1960s, they trialled a Dana Spicer single speed lock up torque convertor transmission on one of their AEC Regal VIs and a ZF 2 speed Busmatic transmission on one of their three door Leyland Worldmasters. The Leyland went like a rocket with this this auto fitted, apparently. :shock:
These experiments in the 1960s probably lead to the MTT moving away from semi autos in the 1970s and using the ZF Busmatic in all their AEC Swifts and Volvo B59s.
Beautiful beguiling Renk Doromat. Bringing visceral joy to driveline connoisseurs. 8)
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby TA3001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:01 am

Whistling passengers on a bus!

If only that fella was able to read my thoughts whilst his mouth was excreting this near painfully annoying so-called tune.....

Swift wrote:
Lt. Commander Data wrote:

Just kidding ( to a degree). Modern equipment today is tomorrow's forgotten classic.

Funny you should bring up unique transmissions .
In the 1960s, they trialled a Dana Spicer single speed lock up torque convertor transmission on one of their AEC Regal VIs and a ZF 2 speed Busmatic transmission on one of their three door Leyland Worldmasters. The Leyland went like a rocket with this this auto fitted, apparently. :shock:
These experiments in the 1960s probably lead to the MTT moving away from semi autos in the 1970s and using the ZF Busmatic in all their AEC Swifts and Volvo B59s.

I'm wondering how an SL202 would go with a 2 speed transmission.... I have heard a rogue Voith unit locked in 2nd at around 60kph, and it wasn't quiet...
TA3001

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Bus drivers that don't call passengers back when a person taps on with their opal and the no funds warning sound goes off
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M MK4 AD Metroliner

Postby Swift » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:49 pm

TA3001 wrote:

I'm wondering how an SL202 would go with a 2 speed transmission.... I have heard a rogue Voith unit locked in 2nd at around 60kph, and it wasn't quiet...

OK as long as the axle ratio is no more than 70 km/h max with the 1:1 second ratio of the Busmatic.
Up until about the late 1970s, Voiths were 2 speed as well and behaved the same as the ZF 2 speed.
A long tall first gear and then into second and immediate lockup, leading to a dramatic fall on rpms of the motor.
It is when Voith introduced their heavily revised three speed and ZF introduced their first Ecomat transmission in 1980, that their distinct characteristics diverged so greatly.
The current transmissions by these two are developments of the first Voith three speed and four speed Ecomat introduced all that time ago.
Beautiful beguiling Renk Doromat. Bringing visceral joy to driveline connoisseurs. 8)
Swift

Postby B10BLE » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:01 pm

#PleaseStandBy
B10BLE

Favourite Vehicle: NR class or bust

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:40 am

Excuse me "Mrs" mother (highly likely a single parent), you need to give your child with a cough some water, otherwise he'll get a sore throat His throat already sounds a bit sore.

Better still, Mrs mother, GET OFF YOUR YA BLOODY MOBILE & help your child.
Signature on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:01 pm

This.

NO Channel TEN News & the Daily Telegraph, Transit Systems is NOT STA buses.

Those bus drivers have got to be kidding, not accepting Transit System's offer.
Signature on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Swift » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:49 am

Transit Systems should have made the offer before the drivers made moves to walk on the grass.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 pm

What would people say if I heard while coming home that an extreme rightie talk show (only if you agree) host claimed that only a minority use social media?

Would you say that's

1 Correct? or
2 Incorrect?
Signature on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Bus Suggestions » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 pm

2 ELLEN DEGENERES!!
I'm in Perth but I'm interested in Adelaide and Melbourne!
Find me as Somebody In D'Business on Youtube!
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Anything modern!

Postby rogf24 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Open defecation, Indian Railways
rogf24

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:05 pm

WHAT? Justin Bieber had a 70,000 strong audience in Sydney????
Signature on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

Postby Bus Suggestions » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Not having ICT class.
I'm in Perth but I'm interested in Adelaide and Melbourne!
Find me as Somebody In D'Business on Youtube!
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Anything modern!

Postby Merc1107 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:03 am

Newcastle Flyer wrote:WHAT? Justin Bieber had a 70,000 strong audience in Sydney????
I think his time in the limelight is up, sounds to me like all the money and fame has turned him into an arrogant, spoiled brat.
This signature has been censored by the Grammatical Errors Moderation Bureau. Please direct any complaints to their filing cabinet, a nearby paper-shredder or perhaps the bin.

Thank-You.
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: 'All' High-Floor Units

Postby rogf24 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Bieber isn't as bad he was a few years ago, he's not what he was when he was 16 years old but better than when he was 20 years old. Maybe it has something to do with him joining Hillsong.
rogf24

Postby Shoudy Chen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 pm

rogf24 wrote:Bieber isn't as bad he was a few years ago, he's not what he was when he was 16 years old but better than when he was 20 years old. Maybe it has something to do with him joining Hillsong.

I know he has changed his voice as Years gone by. But has he smoked during his years????
Shoudy Chen

Postby scott » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 am

Yesterday I has a hard earned day off after a heavy few weeks at work, decide to go and have lunch in the food court at the local major shopping centre, I sit at the table for a while reading the paper, grouchy nosy old bag says to me "You need to go back to work now, you are taking too long, in my day our lunch breaks were short", I tell her I have a day off and am entitled to a long lunch. Some people like to give others a hard time for no reason, came out of the blue.

Just when you think reality tv has hit a new low, this is heading our way http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/03/pregnant-platonic-next-for-australia.html

Stupid idea, no wonder society is going to the dogs these days.

Edd China leaving Wheeler Dealers, a successful program seen on Foxtel, and some eps are on YouTube.

Here is an episode so you know what I am talking about

Edd talking about why he left

scott

Postby Swift » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:23 pm

I saw those last two clips the other day! That show from humble origins just grew in popularity and a totally unsuited American outfit had to come along and take it over, not understanding (and not wanting to) the little tics that made it work. Now be prepared for it's popularity to wane and the Californian based production company will, as expected, be baffled as to why it's failing. Morons.
You can bet Ed was being very diplomatic in his reasons for leaving. In private he would have been scathing.
Swift

Postby TA3001 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:24 pm

MAN SL202 885 doing a run with an 80 zone that I couldn't make! (It's got a modified diff ratio, or did when I was on it last)
TA3001

Postby busrider » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:39 am

Bloody cars... Had to get towed home this morning, for the second time in two weeks, not even in the same car as last time. It chose a fine time and place to break down as well, at about 1am, on a 110km/h section of the SE Freeway with no lighting.
busrider

Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Postby Heihachi_73 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:36 am

That time of the year where everything is closed for up to a week is upon us. And that also means half the buses won't be running so they will most likely be hourly (or worse), start much later and finish several hours earlier, if they even run at all.

Easter. Celebrating 2000 years of kindly giving people the S&#Ts, religious or not! The chocolate will probably give me the liquid S&#Ts too... $3.12 each for 350g Dairy Milk blocks from Kmart or $10+ for the same weight in Easter eggs made in the exact same Cadbury factory (Ringwood) using the exact same chocolate, no contest.
Heihachi_73

Postby TA3001 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:13 pm

MAN SL202 1636. Won't forget this poorly driven CNG when it's retired. Perhaps a photo of it might be worthwhile too, so that I can put it on the wall and shoot darts at it.
TA3001

The Greenies & Dooooo gooders have gone batty!

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu May 11, 2017 6:19 pm

WHAT?? (pretend the size is 800) The state & federal government have to get permission to move a huge population of bats? See: http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story ... l/?cs=1533.

How can they be considered an "endangered species" with so many?

(BTW, that's the flying variety) :)
Signature on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room