What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Campbelltown busboy

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Walking past someone sitting on the floor ajacent from the entry of a shopping centre using a power outlet that the centre management normally reserves for a leased vending machine or kiddie ride to charge their phone I saw a young woman that looked in her early 20s doing this at around 10:00 this morning when I entered Campbelltown Mall from Queen street
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Gee all that just to say that a bus driver didn't like me taking a picture of the bus he is driving.
ScaniaGrenda wrote:I went and spoke to staff at Hornsby station to clarify later on if the spot I took the photos from was theirs (as in NSW Trainlink Property) or councils, they said yes the station itself is "private property"
No, it's public property. Only Green Square, Mascot, International & Domestic stations are private. The track is at those stations is state owned. Olympic Park is also a state owned station, but its track on the balloon loop is private.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

This jackpot CB80 (V2) shitheap I'm aboard right now. Same problem as always. The demented bell tone being far too f***ng loud for my ears.

Honestly, what made Custom Coaches come up with the idea to change the bell tone to something so stupid?
Last edited by TA3001 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Newcastle Flyer

I've almost tripped over when they park in bus stops, trying to get off.
20181224_172634_COPY_1000 X 750.jpg
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Don't you know that Newcastle people can't read
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Strathfield Station during the Boxing Day bustitution which was replacing trains between there and Lidcombe, while having an express bus to Blacktown.

1. Travelling between Strathfield and Parramatta (If you're travelling from Strathfield to Blacktown, congratulations; you have your own express bus! If you're travelling from Strathfield to Parramatta however, TOUGH CRAP! Go and join the hoardes going onto the South Line on the buses to Lidcombe and change over! If you don't like it, go to Everton Rd and join the 525-- oh, wait; there's still the gigantic line-up full of people waiting to go to DFO! Looks like the "Second CBD" isn't that important enough to have a separate rail bus from Strathfield at this time. I mean yeah, trains were still running to Parramatta albeit from Lidcombe/Olympic Park, but JEEZ.)

2. The clustercrap of traffic resulting from poor traffic management (No bus routes in Strathfield were being stuffed around with quite more than the M90 and 450. Replacement buses were picking up from these two routes' stands and there have been a handful of times where there's been a 5 or 6-bus-deep line-up standing still for about 10 minutes [you'd even have Telfords and Rover drivers leaving the bus parked right in the middle of the lane to chat to the bus marshalls.] As a result, drivers on routes M90 and 450 have come off Strathfield about 10-15 minutes late just from waiting behind all the rail bus drivers. I nearly missed the last 450 since its driver had to go around the mess and pick up from the 480's stand. To make things even more fun, there was a 2-car crash earlier on the left turn going off Raw Sq into Albert Rd towards the station, blocking some of the buses.)

But then who am I kidding? The traffic situation in Strathfield is always garbage anyway.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
scott

Post by scott »

Australia's useless cricket team. 6/102 now, just got rid of Marsh. In deep,deep trouble.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Unprofessional daredevil type Newtants just adding to Salisbury's poor reputation.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Dear Woolworths and any other supermarket chain that do this;

If you are going to reduce the price of a product or put it on special or discount it in any shape or form can you please make sure it actually scans at the reduced price at the checkout and not full price? That's just a scummy move when you reduce something and it still scans full price at the checkout and nearly rips of a customer.

Luckily I was taking notice and quickly realised I was charged full price instead of the reduce price and quickly had the issue fixed all the while still at the checkout.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Dear Woolworths and any other supermarket chain that do this;

If you are going to reduce the price of a product or put it on special or discount it in any shape or form can you please make sure it actually scans at the reduced price at the checkout and not full price? That's just a scummy move when you reduce something and it still scans full price at the checkout and nearly rips of a customer.

Luckily I was taking notice and quickly realised I was charged full price instead of the reduce price and quickly had the issue fixed all the while still at the checkout.
Wouldn't be in SA, but which outlet was it?
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

TA3001 wrote:Wouldn't be in SA, but which outlet was it?
Market Town Woolworths NSW.

Had I not been paying attention to the price or register screen there's a good chance they would've gotten away with it till I would've gotten home.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Um to the ads on the media - it's AFTER Mon 31 Dec 2018, no use of advertising the events on today!

Did last year's Australian of the Year get naturalised and become an Australian citizen? If not, then she has no right being "AOFY"
White lives matter too.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Foreigner of the year. This leftist inclusive rubbish has to be reigned in.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

Swift, I'm not saying hasn't become a naturalised Australia, she might have become a citizen, I was just asking.

And again Mr or Mrs motorist, when ARE YOU GOING TO GO ON THE GREEN? No wonder vehicles missed a cycle of traffic lights. Now repeat after me, "Green means to go if safe."

And again we have dirty people who DON'T COVER THEIR BLOOMIN' MOUTH &/OR NOSE WHEN THEY COUGH/SNEEZE.

Admins on here that allow signatures such as the garbage of "Jan 26: Invasion Day". I haven't seen anyone hand back their keys & land yet and leave Australia.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
And again we have dirty people who DON'T COVER THEIR BLOOMIN' MOUTH &/OR NOSE WHEN THEY COUGH/SNEEZE.
Continues to annoy the hell out of me too. It even annoys me when I see folks covering it with the palm of their hand, as the germs still get spread about on everything they touch. There is nothing wrong with using a sleeve or something for this purpose.

Now, how do I get this message through to the 15 million or more offenders in this country?
Newcastle Flyer

Whinging about no seats at Fassifern even though their is

A few people, that are crowing/whinging about how their is no seating/shelters at Fassifern Station.

Gee what do you people think these are https://tinyurl.com/FASSFN? And their is even an water bubblier with iced water on the platform.

These one or two are whinging that they have to walk 49½ metres via the footpath, or 46 metres if you use the road. It will do these people good to walk 40 - 50 metres.
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

EDIT : CLEAR
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

Suburban passengers getting on interurban trains. They are designed for interurban travel, NOT suburban travel.
White lives matter too.
BanksfielderIdiot823

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Suburban passengers getting on interurban trains. They are designed for interurban travel, NOT suburban travel.
Well I'd much rather get from Blacktown or Parra to Central on a V Set over a bloody Waratrash any day.

Just about the same way as how if I'm riding from Lidcombe to Bankstown, I'll happily jump onto the Volgren on the crowded M92 rather than the 925 which, 8 times out of 10, has a Bustech VST.

It's not just getting a vehicle that I can rely on, but also getting one that won't give me an injury on the way to work or somewhere. The seating on the Waratahs (and the OSCARs for that matter) are no good at all for a brother who has to travel 35-40km down to the city and suffers from quite a few sore bones from time to time, and it feels like all hell will break loose once those "New Intercity Fleet" units get here from Korea.
Last edited by BanksfielderIdiot823 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:
Just about the same way as how if I'm riding from Lidcombe to Bankstown, I'll happily jump onto the Volgren on the crowded M92 rather than the 925 which, 8 times out of 10, has a Bustech VST.
Aren't Bustech bodies far superior to any other bus body ever built? Sadly, these are infesting Adelaide due to the company setting up a facility in the northern suburbs. They're worse to catch than a CC jackpot CB80.
BanksfielderIdiot823

TA3001 wrote:Aren't Bustech bodies far superior to any other bus body ever built? Sadly, these are infesting Adelaide due to the company setting up a facility in the northern suburbs. They're worse to catch than a CC jackpot CB80.
HA! They think they're far superior to everyone else, but in the hard grips of reality, that won't happen in a thousand years. The better-built than any other bus body award easily goes to Volgren, since they can actually build stuff properly, something that I'm aware that Custom has ceased doing upon working on the CB80s.

Yeah, I heard about Precision co-opping with Bustech over there in Adelaide. And in fact, the worst of the worst when it comes to Bustech VSTs are the Scanias from State Transit (and the handful from Region 6 transferred to TSA) here in Sydney. Just yesterday, my sister nearly got sick after riding on one of them.

Worse to catch than a CB80? You damn right.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I think Volgren has gone downhill a little bit in the last 10 years starting with the later CR228L rigid body, but they're still ahead of CC. Re your sister, how did this occur? I'm curious. I know that the dotted matrix that is part of the interior paneling is something that is exclusive to this manufacturer, and I don't think it's a good thing at all.

The Sydney built Iveco I caught the other night wasn't completely awful, but then these don't have the jelly suspensions that the Scanias in Adelaide do. They're quite smooth, and not as bland as the Scanias.

By some strange coincidence, I think of a CB80 when I see the bench seats on a modern Volgren, despite them having more padding that the plastic ones previously used. I've only noticed via photos, as Adelaide has next to no Volgrens built beyond 2012.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Had a cyclist come up my rear backside while I was walking on a tight pedestrian sidewalk (tight being limited space due to construction work on a building and the scaffolding taking up half of the sidewalk) I only knew something was wrong when I had a gut feeling something wanted to get past me so I turn my head and this cyclist is really close to me, I let him through and say to him "A little bit of warning would be nice for next time" I got an "oh sorry about that".

The bike was fitted with a bell and he could've rung it and I would've moved over where possible and let him through, but he didn't at any point give any warning he wanted to get through or past. I didn't really like how close he was to me either.

I've seen other cyclists use their bell with no trouble, as for why the guy was on a sidewalk with a bike, he was riding with I assume he's wife and daughter
BanksfielderIdiot823

TA3001 wrote:Re your sister, how did this occur? I'm curious. I know that the dotted matrix that is part of the interior paneling is something that is exclusive to this manufacturer, and I don't think it's a good thing at all.

The Sydney built Iveco I caught the other night wasn't completely awful, but then these don't have the jelly suspensions that the Scanias in Adelaide do. They're quite smooth, and not as bland as the Scanias.
My sister had to get to Sydney Airport to return a rental car she used to take a trip out of town earlier and had to take the 420 bus out of there and be picked up by our mother. She felt dizzy on that bus from a numerous amount of factors.

The 420 (Burwood - Eastgardens operated by TSA Region 6) is completely run by the former STA Kingsgrove depot, who have nothing but Scanias, and whose 20.9% of their fleet is Bustech VSTs. (35 VSTs out of 167 buses; 34 are K280UBs, then the one K310UB). All of State Transit's Scania Bustechs has a nasty design flaw. You have the usual sloped floor, step at the middle door and windowline (which they somehow dogged their way around with the later VSTs over in Adelaide.) and the dotted matrix as you said. But there's a bit more. The STA Scania Bustechs are built with the backrest of the seats at a straight upright form; you're not slanted back like the other buses. I'm not so sure how the bottom bit of the seat is done, but it's probably either at the 90-degree angle or slanted down, along with the usual Bustech floor. You also have the very little legroom.

Now you said the suspensions on Adelaide's Scanias are jelly-like. You are so lucky. The suspensions on the STA VST Scanias (and this can also go for the crap-ton of CB80 Scanias with Punchbowl Bus Company) feel like they're rock solid, and you feel every bump, every pothole, every kerb jump.

To make it worse; much of Kingsgrove's drivers. Here's the thing: If you get on a Kingsgrove bus that is 20 minutes late and the driver is angry, you better hurry and sit your butt down and hold the hell on, particularly with it being a Scania, because when these drivers hit the pedal, they drive, turn and brake so violently like it's nobody business, that whoever is not holding on will probably get thrown to the floor and end up in hospital. This includes turning extremely fast at intersections and flooring the pedal again. (Again, the same can go for Punchbowl's Scanias) Imagine having all that in one ride. Wouldn't sound so good now, wouldn't it?

I'm of a Fijian family and as expected, we're quite big folks. So what my poor sister had was a mixture of a STA Bustech with the sloped floor, upright seating and little legroom, mixed in with a driver who goes violent on the pedals and the wheel, and the roughness of this city's Scanias. That mix had made her so dizzy when she got off the bus and got into our mum's car. She's better now.

Thanks for asking by the way.
Newcastle Flyer

To Miss or Mrs newsreader, it's pronounced "Tom-a-go", not "Tom-mar-go" & Charlestown, not Charleston.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”